Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Martial Artist Nano Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Nemesis nano does this: When cast on a target, that target will receive additional damage each time the Martial Artist strikes them. If that target has pets, then the target's pets also become feared for a short amount of time.
    Oh great...because pet professions losing pets (running away at that + pathing and all it's joys) and taking more damage is fair when non pet professions only take more damage whilst having their own damage making capabilities left intact. I'm hoping this is just a lack of clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    Though you've gotta acknowledge that, if it's really half less offense in return, say -650 AR, that means Enforcers/some Soldiers against which we could use that stance would be unperkable (since Zazen doesn't provide Evades, we will most likely not use an offensive setup against them, more like a defensive one, as usual). But hey, numbers aren't set yet so. . .
    Your view on the use of the stance is interesting. It is that you would apply the stance selectively based on opponent for the duration of the fight, and not necessarily reactively in situations where survival is needed as you might die quickly, or even DoF downtime.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Your view on the use of the stance is interesting. It is that you would apply the stance selectively based on opponent for the duration of the fight, and not necessarily reactively in situations where survival is needed as you might die quickly, or even DoF downtime.
    Though I have nothing against more dynamic and active fights, it seems to me letting MAs swap too easily from one stance to another just makes the detrimental effects a moot point.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

If the numbers would not change much to either way, I would be slightly dissapointed overall.

Couple of things that were mostly mentioned earlier:

Pros

- Damage type change
    - New stance, even tho we don't know the outcome yet. Atleast its new.
    I really hope for short cd.
    - Higher durations on buffs

Cons

- The high nanocost on heal would eventually lead to losses in "longer" duels. Especially this left a little bad taste.
    - I did expect improvement to velocity, or maybe just a combination of evade and runspeed buff with appropriate increase to RS.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

problem with MAs is that like fixers their hp is ususally too low so even if they got massive evades, if they get hit one too many time in mass, they die, and they are still over 1k def behind fixers and melee, if anything the new boost to healing will make MAs be able to go massive hp setup and massive hp MAs are a pain for a lot of people

zazen stance on a high hp MA and capped nano cost should be pretty tough for people to kill

the thing is they cant perk anyone anymore, so cutting that even more is kinda doing more harm than good, id say add an offensive stance too that gives 15% crit and 200-300 aao but increased nano cost so they cant heal for as long but not nerf their evades cause then they wouldnt use it anyway

new MA perks look nice and all but all this is in vain if they cant perk a fly

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    massive hp MAs are a pain for a lot of people
    Including themselves, currently.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    I ain't pessimistic, though I seriously doubt we will be able to switch from Zazen to normal stance at will. Thus my reasoning on the subject. If we're "stuck" in it for too long, it's not going to be very fun.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Edit : Reserved.
    Last edited by Soliartist; Jul 19th, 2010 at 18:43:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    I ain't pessimistic, though I seriously doubt we will be able to switch from Zazen to normal stance at will. Thus my reasoning on the subject. If we're "stuck" in it for too long, it's not going to be very fun.
    If there is a lock out, or some mechanism which inhibits us from switching once the duration terminates I wouldn't be surprised..

I doubt we'd be able to switch at will, BUT, if the bonuses and debuffs are great enough, it may be enough to not have a lock out, or a very short one, like sneak.

Sneak is actually the best analog for this type of mechanic. press sneak, youre in sneak, then you come out and the lock resets in like 10 seconds or whatever. Should be the same for us but maybe a 15 second lockout or so.

15s lock is too short and I don't think it's something MAs should be able to swap at will. I can see it having a 'Must not be in fight' tag or something.
    blah

Hey Kintaii; any specific reason why you lot single out pets as the recipients of yet more CC? I know there will be changes to pets coming along at some point, but seriously, you'd think pets are ****ed enough as it is.

Other than that the changes look rather nice. Looking forward to seeing more profession updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Nemesis nano does this: When cast on a target, that target will receive additional damage each time the Martial Artist strikes them. If that target has pets, then the target's pets also become feared for a short amount of time.
    Gee, thanks Kintaii. Can you screw up pets even more, pretty please, with cherry on top? They are still way to powerful.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Gee, thanks Kintaii. Can you screw up pets even more, pretty please, with cherry on top? They are still way to powerful.
    Uh huh, did you ever stand still while an engi dog and chicken have their way with you? Yeah pets are so nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Uh huh, did you ever stand still while an engi dog and chicken have their way with you? Yeah pets are so nerfed
    Engi pets are a different case here. They are still bugged.
    All the other pets didnt really deserve that nerf...
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    Engi pets are a different case here. They are still bugged.
    All the other pets didnt really deserve that nerf...
    It's not like all other classes are getting that. Just MAs and come on, I see you got a MA there, you telling me that crat pets with MB proc doesn't hurt a lot on your MA, if you ever still play it?

Your brain is nerfed. Why should you stand still, when you can dance around the engie and still confuse his pets by simple sidestep?

Fear working on pets is seriously idiotic idea, period. They are susceptible to CC already, we don't need yet another CC tool to disable them.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Your brain is nerfed. Why should you stand still, when you can dance around the engie and still confuse his pets by simple sidestep?

Fear working on pets is seriously idiotic idea, period. They are susceptible to CC already, we don't need yet another CC tool to disable them.
    You are taking too narrow minded aspect on this matter. MA is a melee profession with 12k health and low runspeed. Before they have released changes concerning all the professions your whine has no value, except the intangible entertaining one.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

It's not like all other classes are getting that. Just MAs and come on, I see you got a MA there, you telling me that crat pets with MB proc doesn't hurt a lot on your MA, if you ever still play it?
    Let me put it like that:
    There is no >good ma< that would loose to a good crat. At least nowadays.
    At the best max its a close call, tho crat still looses in an extremly high number of cases.
    Crat pets surely didnt deserve this nerf. Neither did MP pets (which in an MP v MA fight are kinda lolworthy)
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    Let me put it like that:
    There is no >good ma< that would loose to a good crat. At least nowadays.
    At the best max its a close call, tho crat still looses in an extremly high number of cases.
    Crat pets surely didnt deserve this nerf. Neither did MP pets (which in an MP v MA fight are kinda lolworthy)
    What, you talking about duels? Since oh I dunno, kiting and init debuffs and that overpowered root makes it a hard fight not a oh 'MAs will always win' nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekonam View Post
    You are taking too narrow minded aspect on this matter. MA is a melee profession with 12k health and low runspeed. Before they have released changes concerning all the professions your whine has no value, except the intangible entertaining one.
    Everything newly designed, that degrades pets even further, goes far beyond stupidity and that's my point.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast