Thread: [ALL] Newland City Press Release - City Emblem Competition!

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[ALL] Newland City Press Release - City Emblem Competition!

Newland City Press Release
    July 8, 29484 - [Global]

IRRK - To all people with a love of Newland, Mayor King extends the competition for an emblem for the City of Newland, giving everyone with a love of Newland City a chance to have some impact on the future of this thriving city.

The thriving City of Newland has decided it is time to acquire something they were missing up to now: A logo or symbol that can be used as a quickly identifiable emblem for the small yet thriving and beautiful neutral city by the lake.

The Mayor of Newland, Zephrem King, first put out this request for ideas and suggestions for such a symbol near the end of May to those who love this city as much as he does. He reports that a number of very promising ideas have been submitted shortly afterwards showing that there is much interest in this case. He has also extended that invitation to those active within the city government and other persons who are involved with the city and its development at the last Newland Council Meeting. Now he has asked us to extend this invitation to submit further entries to this exciting competition to others who may not have noticed these announcements in the course of their busy lives. It does not matter if you are neutral, omni or clan, as long as you have a love for this city and an idea that might coalesce into a symbol to represent its bright future you are hereby asked to submit your visions for evaluation.

Here is the original announcement that the Mayor had made concerning this competition:

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrem Toog King View Post
    Dear Citizens of Newland,
    Our city is prospering and the future looks very bright for us. Thus my office has to decided to create a competition to celebrate our beautiful city.
    What we want is every able artist to create an emblem for Newland City. It does not have to be very elaborate, but it should be distinctive. A symbol of our independence and our way of life.
    Once we have some artworks sent to the office we will choose the one we feel best fits our city.

If you feel you are up to this task please send your work to my office via gridnet.

Zephrem King,
    Newland City Mayor
    (( OOC: For more information and official rules regarding this contest, please visit the following link: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=578164 ))

gridnet down for 24hrs

email responses state unknown email address/does not exist

tested from 2 different email providers, response was same
    "There is no such thing as a bad doc, just one you pissed off."
    "A smart shade is one that knows their way back from reclaim."

I've updated my submission. Good luck to everyone!
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

I made a really crappy logo of a leet sitting on a fence. Happy emblem day from the Council of Truth!
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Hiya,
    can we expect a winner announcement anytime soon?

I'll take the temperature next week after the meeting and tell you what's up.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Macbeth View Post
    Hiya,
    can we expect a winner announcement anytime soon?
    It would be nice to have an official announcement on Adam Roycraft day later this month.

A comity is still looking at the emblems in order to decide which one suits best. As we're talking politics, art and a really annoying jury, any attempt to accelerate the process only make us wait longer.

The heated debates around the finalists have finally quiet down to a serious meeting, so let's give it some time before barging in again. You wouldn't want the flag burnt right ?
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

But I'm sure there could be something that would help speed up jury decision?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post
    But I'm sure there could be something that would help speed up jury decision?
    The mayor is making sure that we get progress at whatever speed we can.
    Last edited by boltgun; Nov 19th, 2010 at 17:57:02.
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S