Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newland Logo Contest: Information and Rules

Funcom employee Newland Logo Contest: Information and Rules

Hey guys! We kicked off this contest a little while back but kinda jumped the gun in terms of what we were prepared to handle, so this is more or less an official relaunch of the contest with more information, an end date, and official rules (not to mention a bit more fanfare to get more interest drummed up =))

As noted over in this thread, Zephram Toog King is currently looking for a new logo to help symbolize the proud city of Newland. To help Mr. King out we're asking you guys to come up with what you think would be the best logo for this fine city.

When creating a logo, please remember that we can only accept original works - Please do not utilize fonts, images, or other material of which you are not the original creator or otherwise does not belong to the public domain. If you cannot guarantee that any resources used in the logo are either public domain or your own works, then your submission will not be counted. If your submission does contain public domain material (such as a font), then you must submit information regarding precisely what was used and a reference stating that the media is available as public domain. Note: You *are* allowed to use images/resources pulled from Anarchy Online for the competition if you wish. This is the only material you may utilize that is not either of your own creation or otherwise public domain.

Please remember to retain your work and source files! After we choose a winner, we will be asking for your source files (such as, if using Photoshop to create the image, the .psd file used in creating the logo) - If no such file exists, you are still eligible for winning; however, understand that we retain the right to alter, modify, or otherwise make any changes we see fit to your final submission. This may include recreating the logo ourselves if it is of insufficient quality to display in-game.

Remember: There is a defined difference between a logo/symbol and art. The following are examples of logos:

The following are *not* logos:

A logo is a simplistic image containing simple shapes/colours. It should be immediately visually recognizable and not overly-detailed. Please keep this in mind when preparing your submissions, as "painting" style submissions will be much less likely to win over a good, clean, simple image.

To submit your logo, please email a .jpg or .png image to the following address: Events-Feedback@ARK.Anarchy-Online.com events.feedback@gmail.com - Submissions MUST be sent to this email address; entries submitted via any other method will *not* be eligible for winning the contest. If you have already submitted your entry via the forums in the various Buzz sections, please resubmit by emailing this address with your entry to ensure that we haven't missed it. However, entries posted in those areas prior to this announcement *will* be counted as eligible, even if not resubmitted to the email address.

When submitting your logo, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR FORUMS NICKNAME IN THE BODY OF THE EMAIL. This will aid us in contacting you in the event that you win.

The contest officially ends August 30th, 2010, at 00:01 GMT. Any submissions received after this date will not be reviewed in the final decision-making process.

After the end date for the contest has passed, we will contact the winner via private message on the Anarchy Online forums. The winner will be required to sign a release form stating that they are willing to allow Funcom to utilize their submitted work. After this, the winner's logo will then be placed in-game in a variety of fashions, and the winner themselves will receive several unique-name items featuring their work, only given to the winner (other versions of these items with non-unique names will be made available to the general population).

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask in this thread. Likewise, you may use this thread to show off your work if you so desire, or otherwise chat about the contest in general.

And that's about it! We can't wait to see what you guys come up with and are looking forward to all the submissions. =)

The Fine Print:
    * This contest is only open to currently subscribed players of Anarchy Online.
    * Submissions *must* be emailed to the above address - Any submissions received through other channels are NOT eligible for the contest.
    * You may enter as many times as you like. There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit.
    * You will be required to sign a release form before your work can be declared the winner.
    * You must be reachable via PM on the Anarchy Online forums to be declared the winner.
    * Funcom retains the right to alter, modify, or otherwise change and utilize the winning submission as we see fit.
    * A winner will be chosen by ARK Events and Funcom personnel after the August 30th deadline.
    * Additional rules and information may be added at a later date, at our discretion.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Okay so not to sound stupid but, are we allowed to use images from the AO database?
    I know it sounds like a stupid question, seeing how it's a FC contest and FC owns the rights to the images, but just in case there's some strange kind of legal stupidity we're not aware of.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Funcom employee

Yes, you are allowed to use Funcom imagery if so desired. I mean it's ours, so we'd just be suing ourselves for intellectual property infringement. ;P
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Is Courier New Open Source font? I don't want to make my own

Also - Are you looking for a Logo, or a Seal which will be used by the city in an official capacity? Because the way there is a dif between a Logo and Art, there is a Dif between a Logo and a Seal.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

example:

Logo
    Seal
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Funcom employee

We'll accept both logos and more 'coat of arms'-type seals as valid submissions; While we're more looking for something that's along the lines of a logo, if a particularly good seal submission comes in we won't disqualify it from the competition.

As for the fonts question: I personally am not sure, BUT a good way of checking for that sort of thing is searching Google for "blahblahfontname font license" (minus the quotation marks). That should give you some hits from various websites which will display the licensing information for any font you stumble across. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

You got the wrong adress linked xD... i guess "http://hahbfahbfkahbkf/" isn't the post u want to show us ;D

Should be this: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=578169

btw:

just seen this: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...php?t=576594#2

Is it necessary to use the form for the contest too? Cause i already sent an email without any form at all... >.<
    Last edited by Shinty; Jul 10th, 2010 at 08:38:12.

Nope, that is only if you are sending in a freelance news article

can i use Google Sketch up

I made a logo but I done it in Google Sketch will you take it
    I will Own Pown and bone

Hiya, nice idea for a contest.
    Are multiple drafts per entry allowed?

Funcom employee

Yes to both Azarom and Macbeth. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

I would like to just point out that we do require your forum name in the email submission so we know who you are.

So, how about people who already submitted entries?
    Angelena "Oozi" Rhees
    Detective Sergeant, Department of Investigations

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Oozigun View Post
    So, how about people who already submitted entries?
    I talked about that in the first post. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    I talked about that in the first post. =)
    Not this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheats View Post
    I would like to just point out that we do require your forum name in the email submission so we know who you are.

Since it wasn't required before the contest relaunched, is it really necessary for those who already made an entry have to contact you guys again to give the forum name?
    Angelena "Oozi" Rhees
    Detective Sergeant, Department of Investigations

If you didn't include your forum name in your initial application then ideally yes, otherwise we may not be able to contact you after if you've won.

error when submitting:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 cuda_nsu Unknown user (state 14).

advise?

emails are processing through my in/outboxes as should. am using gmail.
    "There is no such thing as a bad doc, just one you pissed off."
    "A smart shade is one that knows their way back from reclaim."

At least one of your tries was successful. We have received one of your submissions (the one titled "Submission 2").
    Last edited by Maleachi; Jul 19th, 2010 at 17:06:12.
    Coordinator Maleachi,
    Events Team (Advisors of Rubi-Ka)

Your submissions from saturday and sunday got through, the address is currently down for the moment so any recent mails will not get through, I will let you know when its back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheats View Post
    Your submissions from saturday and sunday got through, the address is currently down for the moment so any recent mails will not get through, I will let you know when its back up.
    ty, could you double check submission 3 + submission 4
    in case i need to resend once its back up?
    "There is no such thing as a bad doc, just one you pissed off."
    "A smart shade is one that knows their way back from reclaim."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast