Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Crat debuffs

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    We have an inflation of ub0rness as it is a 10 year old game. Pretty much everyone has to much ub0rness. Docs have to much healing,.
    Getting nerfed.

enfs have to much HP.
    solds have to much reflects.
    Also getting nerfed.

, fixers run to fast,.
    Was already nerfed.

advys have to much everything…
    Will prolly never get nerfed though.

Crats make pvm way more easy, so do docs as healers, and enfs/solds as tanks. Instead of making mobs hit faster/harder new playfields should be like Mitaar, where raw power doesn’t mean much and some skill is required.
    I don't think ppl want thse debuffs to be completely removed. It's just that they are slightly overpowered. They could use an adjustment.
    Just like all of the above things are getting.

They are slightly OP only when they are combined with other debuffs. Most endgame encounters dont need / allow any calms / roots / snares so when you remove debuffs from crats there is nothing left they can give. As a profession with no healing at all, crats relay on init debuffs mostly during pvm soloing. Nerfing it would hurt this profession a lot. You may be greedy about crats pvm performance but there is a price that needs to be paid for it and it is being a &^%$*& in pvp where crat seems to be one of the worst options. It seems to be balanced o me.

Maybe if it is a real problem that endgame mobs are to gimpy there should be implemented some hardcaps on debuffs a mob can have. Lets say no more than -2k inits, 1k ar etc. so we could have pvm a bit harder but without any dramas about nerfed profs. Removing stun procs hurt some of us a lot and we got nothing in exchange except nano dmg procs that may be funny from time to time but in more serious pvm soloing are completely useless, damn, they are even dangerous to use.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    Quit acting like a nab troll, you know perfectly well what he ment.
    Quit acting like you are so nerfed without OPed init debuffs.
    Twink your crat and you will be amazed by what you can do...its not all xp perks you know.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by howlin2009 View Post
    Twink your crat and you will be amazed by what you can do...its not all xp perks you know.
    Only newbz use xp perks alone. There are also xp pistols, xp rings, ofab boots that add xp, other armor parts with xp, xp stims, xp implants, xp buff from Unionist Scorpese... My crat is running around with more than +100% xp bonus, ive mastered the secrets of xp buffing during those long hours spend on Ely Kite Hill and Yumeno is also one of those guys who really know what they are doing as ive also seen hem a few times around Scorpese. We are not naabz dewd, we know everything about grinding.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Only newbz use xp perks alone. There are also xp pistols, xp rings, ofab boots that add xp, other armor parts with xp, xp stims, xp implants, xp buff from Unionist Scorpese... My crat is running around with more than +100% xp bonus, ive mastered the secrets of xp buffing during those long hours spend on Ely Kite Hill and Yumeno is also one of those guys who really know what they are doing as ive also seen hem a few times around Scorpese. We are not naabz dewd, we know everything about grinding.
    Exactly.
    Ask a friendly advy for kote too.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

:O omg dude i keep forgetting to use my xp stims while in arid rift!! ty for reminding me

umm ya, crats can get over +100% XP eeeeasily
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quit acting like you are so nerfed without OPed init debuffs.
    Stop acting like you know everything. Try soloing anything of worth as a crat without int debuffs running. It won't happen. Our complete lack of heals are made up with the fact we don't get hit as often. Blah blah blah l2p crat yes yes. My crat is in a complete def setup minus a igoc and if i do not int debuff big mobs, it won't matter how much def I have in my setup.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    Stop acting like you know everything. Try soloing anything of worth as a crat without int debuffs running. It won't happen. Our complete lack of heals are made up with the fact we don't get hit as often. Blah blah blah l2p crat yes yes. My crat is in a complete def setup minus a igoc and if i do not int debuff big mobs, it won't matter how much def I have in my setup.
    My crat has a really bad setup and soloes just fine.
    Guess setup only is not enough.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

My crat has a really bad setup and soloes just fine.
    Guess setup only is not enough.
    Yes, I bet your crat doesn't int debuff and does amazing.
    Secretly Clan

You win the bet.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Actually, as long as you have charms tanking, init debuffs are secondary. Besides, the first malaise is locked to 165, so you won't be debuffing a lot before that, but you can still solo pretty good.
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Malaxia View Post
    Actually, as long as you have charms tanking, init debuffs are secondary. Besides, the first malaise is locked to 165, so you won't be debuffing a lot before that, but you can still solo pretty good.
    Are we not talking endgame? the -250 we get at lower levels isn't really a good representative of crat int debuffing?
    Secretly Clan

If init debuffs are the only thing making crats 'good' in PVM, then you don't understand how badly you should want to get those nerfed so FC can clear the path for implementing engaging gameplay for you. If crats really are that 1 dimensional in their application, I feel sorry for people that play them.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    If init debuffs are the only thing making crats 'good' in PVM, then you don't understand how badly you should want to get those nerfed so FC can clear the path for implementing engaging gameplay for you. If crats really are that 1 dimensional in their application, I feel sorry for people that play them.
    As opposed to every other professions toolset? Int debuffs and crat soloing works out fine. The damage we do take, we dont take often enough that our stims/hd can outheal. If crat int debuffs were to be nerfed in pvm, we would need some sort of active damage mitigation or heals to make up for our vulnerability.

And charming a big red mob, debuffing, hiding, and recharming isn't soloing, its brain numbing and doesn't prove anything about crat solobility. it just proves people have to much time on their hands (which all have at some point )
    Secretly Clan

'works out fine' rofl right, what can't a crat solo these days

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    'works out fine' rofl right, what can't a crat solo these days
    Do you have a crat or are going off of hear say? The immense trollage in this thread is insane.

Theoretical vs Practical are two different things why is this such a hard concept for everyone to understand?
    Secretly Clan

/me blames the random number generator

The random numbers it spits out are never the ones I want!
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Whenever crats are adjusted to the point where they can't solo raids anymore, I'll be perfectly happy. But until then, I'm still on the other side, watching jealously as a Trader with less CC potential and less DD and less useful "auras".
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Make it so the red tape nanos can not be stacked with one another and Malaise overrides any red tape nano. There, I fixed PvM so its now more difficult. Discuss and flame, go!
    Sounds like fun! Lets make every instance inn game depend 100% a pocket doc.
    /irony off - So doing pvm with a crat instead of doc is not challenging? I think its cool that a complex game like AO also allow us to mix together different combos to do the same task. Gives us the opurtunity to do old instances like Beast with good friends instead of raidpointbot number 974. If you still think crats init debuff has no place inn game try doing the same instances without crat/doc. It's a bit harder, but most instances are still doable. Have fun
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Whenever crats are adjusted to the point where they can't solo raids anymore, I'll be perfectly happy. But until then, I'm still on the other side, watching jealously as a Trader with less CC potential and less DD and less useful "auras".
    Yet you traders are far better off in pvp than a crat with a toolset that actually cripples things besides docs/agent in fp doc.

And solo raids? Your a professional not a troll, please lets act like one.

Alappa? We aren't the only ones.
    Alb? We aren't the only ones.
    12m? No.
    Vortexx? We aren't the only ones, far from easy.
    Mitaar? Others can do it, yet again far from easy.
    APFs? No
    Pande? No. Zods? Yes. So can shades, docs, and others I'm sure.
    Collector? No
    DB 1/2? Yes, yet again we aren't the only ones.

Old RK content? Lets not laugh.
    Secretly Clan

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast