Thread: Good Buzz = Booster Pack purchase

Good Buzz = Booster Pack purchase

Ok. It really seems the details of this booster pack are very secretive and i can only imagine a few reasons why. The main, i would imagine, is that they do not know exactly what they are going to offer us in the booster pack. They are prolly sitting around a table going over things on how to sell us on this gimmick. Here is my suggestion. There are different types of players that play AO. The levelers, the pvp'ers the rp'ers the item campers/traders amongst others. From the information given, the tower battles seem that it will give the pvp'ers something to do and get excited about. I suggest to dangle some carrots in front of the rest of the existing playerbase as well. Skill enhancement items, more rp items/emotes/appearance diversity. Just enough to whet our mouths. Decide on the nice easter eggs to make all these types of players happy, just a few, and it would create something for 100% of the game population to get excited about. This creates buzz and thus give players something to look forward to really wanting to buy this booster pack and/or expansion. Descisions on what is going to be offered need to be made and released to the public to create enough hype for a succussful booster launch. More money for the company in conjuction with information and goods for us consumers is a good thing.

I agree with some of my fellow web posters

throw us a bone: a good one. we'll most likely bite

just my 2 cents

-Alty

Angry

DAMMIT. PEOPLE PISS ME OFF!

If they told you exactly what was going in and exactly when, there would be a massive outcry that "this suxxor" and "now i am a gimp" and "thats it I quit". They wont give a date because of the lame ass hatred the losers on this board post about the last patch being a week off.

Play the game. Be excited when info comes out. Be excited for when the booster comes out and wait to see then what it entails.

The major issue of the booster is land control and the other things mentioned are window dressing, albeit sweet as hell!

Thats all. They did throw you a bone by releasing the info on cars and the new char creation thing. I think that is enough.

EDIT:: upon rereading this seemed unfairly harsh towards you, oh dear primary poster. I apologize. This is just my frustration coming out at this community.
    Last edited by ArchRave; Oct 10th, 2002 at 17:04:17.

check www.ao-basher.com...

looks like there will be goodies for all of us.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

thanks dave!

from ao-basher:

"My only complaint is that Funcom must have been sitting on this information for quite a long time now and in my opinion they'd be doing themselves a big favour if they shared it earlier on in the development process."

this was my point. being kept in the dark is just no fun, ArchRave

but from what dave pointed out in ao-basher:
    now thats what im talking about!

im totally jazzed about the booster pack now.

the stiletto yalm alone has me slobberin'

release this baby! here's my 20!

-Alty

Re: thanks dave!

Originally posted by Altyrna
    from ao-basher:

"My only complaint is that Funcom must have been sitting on this information for quite a long time now and in my opinion they'd be doing themselves a big favour if they shared it earlier on in the development process."

this was my point. being kept in the dark is just no fun, ArchRave
    Look at the holiday Christmas. It's based on the element of surprise.