Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 25th, 2010 - Happy Birthday..Holy sh*t we're NINE!

I've actually been playing AO for years, but i've never gotten out the newb stage, seriously.
    My highest toon i ever got was a 161 (i think) Soldier names Noyou, and he was gimp, although ql200 perrenium blaster (chances are it sucks but i thought it was good that i got it on, with help from org mates though)

but even though i've always been at the noob stage, i love the game as much as ever, and have had some memories. My favorite is probably the subway. yes, the subway. I just loved when i went down to the deep subway for my first time with another newbie (thank god emundies wasn't spawned or i wouldn't have lasted long, but it was just really awesome.. i didn't know much about the game at all and was wearing random imps i found that buffed skills i didn't need, but i still felt awesome putting them in, thats another fond memory actually.. when i first started to get imps and i was putting them in thinking i was totally uber >.< ...

but its an awesome game, always will be.

level 61 MA FTW.
    I love AO but I'm never that good at it!
    SL rocks.

Happy B-day

P.S.: The size of the team is smaller than I expected. GJ doing all the content and patches with so few.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth56 View Post
    So are we done with beta soon?
    And we're out of beta...
    we're releasing on time...

Favorite Memory...

About about:

/s LB!!! RUN!!!
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Yeah 9 years is awesome ! It goes so fast, I've been there for over 5 years when the froob program started and we kept hearing that it would only last one year. Now froobs have even more stuff to play with
    Ah the joy of levelling Malaxia with all my friends in wild Tiun sessions, jumping in the middle of a group of angry tiigs before calming them and stacking
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Personnal best memory is my first major war ; was back in 2005, mort 3 if i'm correct, with near 100 naabs each side to put hands on notum ... that was lagz, low fps, instakillz0r & crowd control warpback fest, but hoolygoosh i rrrrreally had a thrill with clam buddies that time.

Anyway, HAPPY B-DAY to my favorite game so far (& i've tested so many others, older or newer ...), GRATZ to the team -whatever size it is today- that keeps it updated, enjoyable and alive. Be sure you'll see me (& i hope lotta ppl !) around for 1 more year, for the pleasure of wearing the yellow border mech, but also the motivation to see startup revamp, rebalance and MOST OF ALL new engine brought onto game.

AO ftw.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by Typeon View Post
    Gawdh i love it!!!!!
    Your ingame sight stretches as far as your nose.

And it's so brillant that EVERYONE wanna point out everyone elses fault in the community but NOONE wants to see the common goal.

Ever had that dream where your running from something but as hard as you try your not going anywhere....

*Happy campers tralalalal-laaaa*

Dont take this the wrong way, this is similar cretique to the guy as he as cretiqued the previous guy.
    I am not sure I actually understand your point here. Anyways I tried to answer in the same spirit as the poster. From his post it appears he assessed the population of RK2 based on the amount of players around the TL5 BS terminal.

As for my other comment I still think its valid. I have lost many friends over the years of play, but on the other hand I have gained many new ones too. It is quite natural that people leave and new ones arrive.

What IS the common goal btw?, because it sure seems there are alot of opinions out there as to what that is. Unless you simply refer to the common goal of keeping the game alive.

I for one find it amazing that a 9 year old MMO can still attract totally new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    What is your favourite memory?
    I stumbled on some sort of event in Rome Red (I have a screen capture around and will edit and attach it) where Clan was trying to take over the place. I was a lowbie at the time (maybe 90ish) and did not even bother to get out of my yalm (good thing I was wearing my brown pants...hehe). Guards were in on it, Omni was in on it, ofc Clan was in on it...it was cool to see that many people in one place in addition to the fight. One guy kept shouting something like "Follow me, I will lead us to victory". Not only did nobody follow him, nobody appeared to have ganked him either, not sure why, drawing that much attention to himself (probably hiding in yalm like me, as I never bothered to try to tab him).
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Typeon View Post
    Gawdh i love it!!!!!
    Your ingame sight stretches as far as your nose.

And it's so brillant that EVERYONE wanna point out everyone elses fault in the community but NOONE wants to see the common goal.

Ever had that dream where your running from something but as hard as you try your not going anywhere....

*Happy campers tralalalal-laaaa*

Dont take this the wrong way, this is similar cretique to the guy as he as cretiqued the previous guy.

------------

Subject (kinda) switch:

Please explain to me why the HELL you are defending funcom in a situation like this!
    They have been talking for an PVP balancing act for over a year! When is it time to set the foot down and demand results?

Have you forgotten that Funcom is a corporation?
    Do YOU think my verbal assaults on Funcom/AO is directed directly and personal to Means & staff directly???

How many of you have complained about Funcom in the past?
    How many of you have complaind about politicians?

Keep complaning to your friends ect ect stand the f up and make your voice heard.

You're like the tard that pukes on the birthday cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Thumbs up My Favorite.

Took 3 days off work with my friend on Launch day. Packed the house with food and beer. Even had Empty bottles within arms reach just incase. hmmm .... memory leak.

We sat there and played none stop at about 1 maybe 2 frames per second. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

Glad AO is still around i always seem to come back.

Happy birthday AO!
    Thank you Means and the whole team for living and breathing this game, it is truely amazing how much you manage to get done with such a small team.

And to the people who are complaining about every tiny detail not in their likings and demanding more progress; Take a look at the list of people Means posted; Take a look at the amount of paying customers this game has.
    If the list of people were 2 pages long and if the game had as many players as some other unmentionable MMOs has, I think we would be in our rights to demand and whine if something got postponed or if something was broken when it was launched.

What I love about this game, is not only the community (Yes, it is fantastic, but!), it is the dedication of the team behind it. You don't see that in many other games around. I sense that they truely do everything in their power, with the resources available, to make this the best game ever, because they also lost their heart to it.

Yes, I will probably be flamed for saying all this and yes, it is a pretty girly way of asking the community to have a bit of patience. I just have faith in that everything Means is promising and hoping for, will come true one day, because they simply wont give up.

Afterall, we are all still here, because it IS a damn good game!

Enough of all this, I could go on with this carebear stuff forever

I can't single out the best moment after 6 years in the game, but I've had a lot of fun getting lost and running in circles because I simply suck at reading maps... You still end up in the most exiting places!
    And when your guildies go "You got lost again, didn't you?" even before you know yourself that you are lost...

o/

/Zav

Best moments.. mmm, I know I had an huge laugh when I relogged rimor1 (normally play on rimor2) to see how my first character was i ever made, an lvl 10 soldier. The ip points, spend so totally wrong, it was just epic. It was made in the days weapons still dropped on newbie island, but there was no way to get ammo. Resulting in me maxing any skill for each weapon i found ;D

or...

the time my org came to resque me from omni ent where I got myself stuck, and had no idea how to get away from there :P
    The key to happiness is self-delusion. Don't think of yourself as an organic pain collector racing toward oblivion. - Scott Adams

Programmer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code

Jesus paid for our sins - now let's get our money's worth

*claps buttcheeks
    FEAR ME I AM COMING FOR YOU
    - the anal avenger catcrab
    "i am pregnant with catcrab's babies"
    "catcrab has destroyed me. mentally, physically, spiritually. i don't want to live anymore."
    Means: catcrab is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman View Post
    *claps buttcheeks
    exploit!

GZ, keep up the good work
    Lordran 220/30/70 Soldier, Equip

Enfoosz 200/22/42 Enfo
    Fixxet 170/21/42 Fixer
    Nanolin 165/15/42 NT
    Ilonta 150/18/36 Doctor, equip

My favourite memories....

As a total noob I started in neutral backyard back in late 2002. A Nanomage Adventurer, I deleted him after 2 weeks because of pure gimpness... But I was amazed from the feel and look of the neutral backyard. Later, on my first steps out of the BY, I explored Newland City and it blew me away. It felt so awesome to put the first randomcrap imps in, everything looked so cool and the coolest people were the guys sitting on top of the mission booth in Newland City near the general shops. God, I was proud the first time I managed to get up there (and I felt so uber watching the randomnoobs trying to get up there, too).

Another memory was back in mid 2003 on DNW. The "Garde der Schwestern" organization was on a walk with the "Schwestern der Winde". It was a RP-thing. The Garde (in english Guardians of the Sisters) was an organization created to protect the Schwestern (Sisters of the Winds) from different dangers. Sometimes the Schwestern went for a walk to different places on Rubi-Ka, for praying or research, all those funny little RP-things you can imagine, loosely connected with the Temple of three Winds background story. We were walking around in Belial Forest and after 2 hours someone mentioned that we haven't zoned for a while and that we should have left Belial a long time ago and that there was no wildlife nor NPCs or something. We later found out that we hadn't zoned on zone border and just walked into a dead area far beyond the borders of the zone. Took a good while to get back and resulted in a crash loop for one of our members when trying to fix the issue by relogging.
    Funny thing is, founded in 2003, the Schwestern der Winde are gone since 2006. The other org, Garde der Schwestern, was just founded as helpers for RP needs of the Schwestern, but is still alive. And I think many of the RK1-peeps know their name. The biggest RP-Org on RK1 clan side, formerly known as Garde der Schwestern, is today known as... Omg... I hope my fellow orgmembers won't kick me for this...
    It is...

S.I.N.C.
    I thought there was a state wide ban on selling klingon weaponry to arachnids.
    This quote is from back on earth

Despite all the bickering and whining about everything in AO, I don't think anyone would deny that we are all grateful for the dev team's work in keeping the game alive all these years.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

What is your favourite memory?
    the day I quit...

Best memorie?
    Gah so many..

Afew snips:
    Way back when NW came i was standing around in Old Athen for the first time mostly minding my own bussnies when some guy came running in and rallied all the n00bs around to help take out a omni towerfeild, ofcourse most of us ended up standing there looking at towers that wouldnt let us attack them and some omni dude who only one guy could attack without having a clue on what was going on, but it was fun ^^

Being a total n00b when i returned for SL thinking that battlesuits where awesome and using them to such a wide extent that i was generally refereed to as "Battlesuit boy"

Getting my first SPB and oh how it rocked!

Getting my ass handed to me in my first OTAF-armor raid..

Just after the chain death system was implemented there was a AI invasion in Omni Ent (can you see where im going with this?). Being n00b and somewhat cocky i ofcourse ran over there, got pwnt.. Said: "Hell no!" ran back and got pwnt again... Chain death kicked in.. Spawned in Omni Ent.. Infront of two weary smug aliens who precoded to spawn camp me for a good 10min..

Peitioning myself as a exploiter to prove that using RI to block agent CH wasn't a exploit..

Returning to OA, but now as a 220 totally kick ass omni soldier harassing clamers and laughing at there puny guards. As a claner was trying to get me to flag up so they could gank me by training guards on me Wrangeline showed up, calmed the guards, leeted herself and jumped in to my lap (was sitting for HD) and started purring (much to the dismay of the other claners).. <3 <3 Wrangeline

And all the GSP partys, the awesome run on the BS where me and Malaxia stood against a small army just the 2 of us.. Me tanking about 80 claners at tara with 3 docs healing me after all other omnis had died.. Walking up front with Coen during a tower assault.. All the people i have meet, the friends i have made, the loves lost and the disturbingly unmoral earnings in a shady apartment with a certain female clan president..

I love this game and i always will, there is no end to my appreciation to means and the other devs even if i dont always show it.

God so weary.. weary.. weary.. many good memories.. Hell i practically grew up in this game.. 14-23 and still going AWESOME!
    Last edited by Rktim; Jun 25th, 2010 at 22:30:58.
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Patrik Persson - Lead Coder (Macrosun)
    It`s a man? But..but..

My greatest AO moment was in 2001 when making my first character. It was a soldier if I am correct. Could not see a thing. I think it was the fog mode! Took it off and now 9 years later I still have it off.

I also remember I saw an NT with cool nano effects in backyard...and asked how I could get that for my soldier...mmm soldiers with tripples...

Anyways, happy B-day AO!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast