Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next patch info

Next patch info

found this out there.

Patch 14.6 should be released later this month, pending Quality Assurance approval. The following are just the few things we think are major changes:

Fixes

Content Additions

All new character creation system!

Arrivail hall follwing character creation, much like a futuristic airport with lots of helpful information about Rubi-Ka.

Booster pack shops...you can't buy anything yet, but you'll see what will be available.

Hey, why not? Think about it, as a n00b when you first rolled, you were lost right? Didn't know what to do? Easing players into the game will improve their initial feelings for the game, hence more people will stay with it. There's not much coding involved, and the chances of bugs and the effects of any bugs would be minimal.

I still hope they fix things like inits, item creation etc as well tho..
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Lost on arrival

Was I lost on arrival because:

1) I didnt read the manual in the game directory

2) I didnt read the manual from the web page

3) I didnt have a friend to introduce me

4) the guides werent helpful enough

5) because I wanted to be lost for some time and discover things slowly.

My answer was 5, and then when first got in, this ARK popped up and spent half an hour telling me the basics of the game.

Darn you ARKs, messing up my confusion.

I personally feel that its a good idea, the tip system is great. I would like to add the letters RTFM subtly all over the training areas.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

I did read the Manual that came in the box and was still a bit confused. Mostly by the “right click to activate” mouse. I was more used to the double left click because I’m just a Windows geek.

And once I was in the Newland backyard I did not know that I had IP points to spend and was frustrated as I kept getting killed by anything and everything. And after three days of trying and finally making 2nd level and then spending my IP, things suddenly got much easier.

I never met an ARK until I was about 8th level.

I still go back to the Junkyard from time to time and talk to Newbies and hand out a few basic ability buffs but I have had no real urge to become an official ARK.

Lightbulb

As for picking your breed, the nano mage description should not be so miss leading as it was when I started - That talking lady shouldn't say its the best breed for nano users like the NT, b/c it is by far the worst

Is This For real? Where did you get it from?
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

Unhappy

Read the message on the login screen...

The Anarchy Online Booster Pack is Funcom's next addition to the world of Rubi-Ka.

Well look like 14.6 is due after christmas or something then... ;(
    Flapsie Clan Nanomage NT, Former Knights of Rubi-Ka
    Now: Ancarim Iron Legion
    Many alts from all Professions...
    -----------------------------------------------
    "The man with a new idea is a crank, until the idea succeeds" -
    Mark Twain

It's possible that they're holding off for a while. I seem to recall a sticky thread on this forum stating the next patch status and now it's completely gone (10/9). It was updated on 10/8 saying the usual, 'no info, no release date yet'.
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

I bet Booster Pack shops will have Refined Clusters, Jobe Clusters and weapon improvemtns for those weapons in 14.5.1

So if you want to have good char please pay 20 bucks

Where are you pulling this info from?
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

From the deep womb of "Sucker Land".
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

nope gimme 10 minutes i'll find it again

okay ao.com is too slow for to find it again tonight maybe tomorrow if i can get on it then

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...etters/issue2/

I am pretty sure this was the link that was from a small piece on the bottem right of the page.

Unhappy Dunno bout anyone else but.......

Originally posted by Intrepid
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...etters/issue2/

I am pretty sure this was the link that was from a small piece on the bottem right of the page.

when I tried to follow this URL it asked for a username and password..... care to post the article via cut and paste, or maybe give us the password to view the url ;p
    You know when you have been in the Shadowlands too long when you forget about Whompahs and the Grid and run everywhere

I didn't get asked for logon details, I can only assume you need your AO logon.

Anyway, there is nothing about the new airport style intro on that link. It is the tower outline from Gaute for the booster.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

LOL they changed it since i posted that then.

And suspended my account as you can see. Conspiracry?

HEHE whoops i see why now.

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...etters/issue3/

Thats the right link.

and it now says as follows

Patch 14.6 should be released later this month, pending Quality Assurance approval. The following are just the few things we think are major changes:

Fixes

The Atrox have more hitpoints and Nano-Mages have a larger nano pool.

Content Additions

A new dungeon for lower-level players.

New nanos for several classes.

An arrival hall following character creation is much like a futuristic airport with lots of helpful information about Rubi-Ka.

Booster pack shops...you can't buy anything yet, but you'll see what will be available.
    Last edited by KrazyKanuck; Oct 10th, 2002 at 16:28:38.

the patch notes are in an official email sent out to everyone who subscribes to it. also lots of stuff about the booster pack, a movie, screenshots and wallpapers. an interesting picture of a ground attack car !!!
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Fixes

The Atrox have more hitpoints and Nano-Mages have a larger nano pool.

Content Additions

A new dungeon for lower-level players.

New nanos for several classes.

An arrival hall following character creation is much like a futuristic airport with lots of helpful information about Rubi-Ka.

As a nanomage i have been NEEDING more nano..

Seriously im a NANOMAGE.. I should have alot more nano and it shoudl cost me less nano to cast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast