Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A few new pet bugs in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Why not? Some people have them, so it's a similar case that was with the engineer 3x team blockers that were the rewards of a bugged quest. Seeing as that was handled, we probably should receive Ultra Improved Pet Steal Back which makes all pets in the vicinity bash the stealee to a bloody pulp.

Guessing either he likes irritating ppl and stealing their pets... or he spent like 400m or something on it and wants to be one o the few with it

These sound like features, not bugs. Makes the game more interesting really.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

I think what koizumi was going to say was that crat charms are too powerful as they work now vs player pets. Its practically like a instant alpha of the pet from the victims view point and the bureaucrat suffer only a 4ish second nano recharge, but gains a great deal of the targets offensive power until the pet is released. Crat charms should be reworked to be pvm only, because they are ridiculously op.

Killing Pets is not broken.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

True, only the pets are.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Killing Pets is not broken.
    That they can be killed is fine. That they can be killed quicker than they can be recasted and rebuffed is very broken. How about I can unequip your weapon that takes 30s to put on and wipe 1/3 of your NCU at the same time over and over and over and over again without you being able to do a thing about it except try to run away (even from greens)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    That they can be killed is fine. That they can be killed quicker than they can be recasted and rebuffed is very broken. How about I can unequip your weapon that takes 30s to put on and wipe 1/3 of your NCU at the same time over and over and over and over again without you being able to do a thing about it except try to run away (even from greens)?
    except...you got your Aimed Shot pistols even if you lose a pet (or two)

if you unequip someone's weapon they lose ALL their offensive arsenal

seems like someone who just can't accept UBT. Like Engineers aren't loved enough already
    Unlimited "Millerna" Rifleworks (220 / 30 / 70) Agent

Quote Originally Posted by ookamitr View Post
    except...you got your Aimed Shot pistols even if you lose a pet (or two)

if you unequip someone's weapon they lose ALL their offensive arsenal

seems like someone who just can't accept UBT. Like Engineers aren't loved enough already
    I don't use AS on any of my toons, so yes pets are pretty much all of my offense.
    Last edited by Mountaingoat; Aug 16th, 2010 at 13:18:34.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Why not? Some people have them, so it's a similar case that was with the engineer 3x team blockers that were the rewards of a bugged quest. Seeing as that was handled, we probably should receive Ultra Improved Pet Steal Back which makes all pets in the vicinity bash the stealee to a bloody pulp.
    Because crat toolset is already broken enough.
    What should, and most probably will, be done, is to fix pet's NR so that pets have a chance of actually countering the charm.
    Thats as fair as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuglskremsel View Post
    I think what koizumi was going to say was that crat charms are too powerful as they work now vs player pets. Its practically like a instant alpha of the pet from the victims view point and the bureaucrat suffer only a 4ish second nano recharge, but gains a great deal of the targets offensive power until the pet is released. Crat charms should be reworked to be pvm only, because they are ridiculously op.
    Dont put that lolworthy joke in my mouth, whats urs is urs.
    Last edited by Koizumi; Aug 16th, 2010 at 13:23:52.
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    Because crat toolset is already broken enough.
    What should, and most probably will, be done, is to fix pet's NR so that pets have a chance of actually countering the charm.
    Thats as fair as it gets.
    As fair as it gets would be pets having meaningful NR, removal of the 25% immunity nano, pet steal back being in game but extremely rare (as GA4 is), and for the NCU of pets not to be wiped on return.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    Well, FC have said they're going to rebuild pets from the ground up to make their defences (and offences) more equal to those of players. That's part of the announced balance changes.
    not pvp related but i'd like to see that just because a lvl 116 cha2 killing my lvl 200 demon while loosing only half of his hp costed me all my hilevel toons in a rage of fury (and fc some money, but thats their problem).

I don't use AS on any of my toons
    dont try to convince. you *could* use as/sa on any of your toons so for some people that equals you *do!* *do!* *do!* *do!*. scnr

Quote Originally Posted by alderwaran View Post
    dont try to convince. you *could* use as/sa on any of your toons so for some people that equals you *do!* *do!* *do!* *do!*. scnr
    If AS is mandatory for pet professions then that just further emphasizes how broken pets are.

If AS is mandatory for pet professions then that just further emphasizes how broken pets are.
    Whether it is mandatory or not does not matter. If using it is possible and gives even a slight advantage, you can be sure some (most) will use it, and that it must be taken into consideration.
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

Quote Originally Posted by Molotoff View Post
    Whether it is mandatory or not does not matter. If using it is possible and gives even a slight advantage, you can be sure some (most) will use it, and that it must be taken into consideration.
    Whether AS is mandatory or not does indeed matter. If pet professions can't pvp successfully without AS against others at the top of their profession, there is a problem. Their should be a baseline level of effectiveness for pet professions regardless of whether or not they use AS. Kiting of pets should not be 100% effective, or anywhere near it. This is broken. Crippling nanos landing 100% and being largely unremovable is broken. Keeping a pet profession's pets dead 90% of the time is horribly broken.

If using AS only gave a slight advantage, the HUGE IP and character cost (to the exclusion of other profession defining abilities) of doing so for each pet profession would be MUCH less justifiable. The reason it gives such an "advantage" today is because our pets can't be relied upon.

Jeees...Just give pets a "battlestation only" buff, which enables ranged fighting, it was never easier to halve pvp abilties of a profession, jumping on teleporters shouldnt count as a ranged profession's toolset...

As a crat myself, I can say that we do enjoy a bit of over-poweredness. The answer to the issue of charming pets, in my opinion, is to increase their nanoresist. Not so much that charms are taken out of the picture, or so miniscule as to not make a difference (as FC has done before.)
    Just enough so that charms are high-risk, high-reward. I.E., your charm might not land, but if it does, boom, you've got a heal pet.

Pet Steal Back is just going to make every fight between pet classes a stalemate--I steal your pet, you steal it back, blah blah blah blah blah. And it'll go on that way until I either IP Aimed Shot to beat you (AS just doesn't feel crattish to me) or you use something else to beat me.

As a crat I have a bit of an advantage against people who try to game the system. I can root and snare to keep them away from the little bits of raised ground, but ultimately,if they spam virus scanners or free movements or whatever it is, they're going to hop right on that little platform and laugh off my pet (which I'm stuck with for another 50-60 some odd levels). Just make the BS platforms sloped, since it's such a monumental effort even for pets that are already flying (MP pets) to get over it.

Well, that's about all I wanted to say.
    A.W. Morgan, Esquire
    Rimor
    West Athens
    Apartment Complex 4/Door 4

Whether AS is mandatory or not does indeed matter. If pet professions can't pvp successfully without AS against others at the top of their profession, there is a problem.
    This.
    I feel sorry for pet professions, i feel pets should atleast get specials of some kind. Oh and NR.
    When i went on 210+ BS at 210, i didnt stop for pets - barely worth killing. Just root and leave them there. I feel MP's have it worst off though.

none of these bugs are new.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    Que je puisse....

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    new bugs get all the attention

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast