TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

More seriously, What you can do depends largely on where you place the onus on who shouls fix it.

FunCom: You can demand our "RP GM" spend less time posting Goatse pictures and spend more time trying to revive his community.

ARK: You can lean on them to provide more consistent results.

Players: You need to recruit more people who are willing to be self-reliant and RP for the sake of RPing without waiting for ARK/FC involvement. (This is the most difficult to do).

---

FC rewards PvE and they reward PvP. Until there is some degree of reward for players who spend their time RPing there will always be a massive uphill battle to retain player's time.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    those last 2 letters aren't necessary imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifanyx View Post
    Ok. So what do we do to revive it?
    There has been no lack of attempts by serious Roleplayers like myself and Trousers, through online and in-game publications, RP bots, story writing, RP events and even comics.

Even tho we rarely (very very very very rarely) agree, I think we can both recognize when we beat a dead horse and unfortunately the RP aspect of AO has been dying for several years and expired (IMHO) about 2-3 years ago.

Finding blame would be a waste of time, it happened, it died, it's done.

I've switched my focus to create a friendly environment for new/returning players and making AO related videos.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Who would have figured that the one thing Windguaerd and I would agree on is the death of the thing we both love the most.

ironic, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    There has been no lack of attempts by serious Roleplayers like myself and Trousers, through online and in-game publications, RP bots, story writing, RP events and even comics.

Even tho we rarely (very very very very rarely) agree, I think we can both recognize when we beat a dead horse and unfortunately the RP aspect of AO has been dying for several years and expired (IMHO) about 2-3 years ago.

Finding blame would be a waste of time, it happened, it died, it's done.

I've switched my focus to create a friendly environment for new/returning players and making AO related videos.
    According to players on these very forums, AO has been dying and would be dead any day now since about 2003. 9 years later, we're still here.

So I refuse to believe the notion that "it happened, it died, it's done."

RP to me has always been a personal thing. Something I wanted to do to make MY experiences on Rubi-Ka more enjoyable. A lot of what I've seen over the years has been people focused on creating RP events on a grand scale like that was the only valid form of RP.

People who like to RP should just do it. Live the life of your character, talk IC all the time. I just reupped for another year. I was flirting with TSW in the Beta but my dollar goes much further here in AO. So when/if you see me ingame, I will be IC.

Best of luck with your endeavor to make a friendly environment for new/returning players. It's people like you that make games like this live so long..

According to players on these very forums, AO has been dying and would be dead any day now since about 2003. 9 years later, we're still here.

So I refuse to believe the notion that "it happened, it died, it's done."

RP to me has always been a personal thing. Something I wanted to do to make MY experiences on Rubi-Ka more enjoyable. A lot of what I've seen over the years has been people focused on creating RP events on a grand scale like that was the only valid form of RP.

People who like to RP should just do it. Live the life of your character, talk IC all the time. I just reupped for another year. I was flirting with TSW in the Beta but my dollar goes much further here in AO. So when/if you see me ingame, I will be IC.

Best of luck with your endeavor to make a friendly environment for new/returning players. It's people like you that make games like this live so long..
    Hmm, it would be like saying that you can solo Beast, 12Man and not even be teamed with anyone to enter those instances.

I've never heard in my life, of a (sane) person playing tabletop A&D alone.

You can't RP if you're alone... the whole purpose of RP is the interaction.

One of the reasons why I gave up RP is... I could not find people to RP with. Yet, I can find people to raid and level with easily.

So instead of wasting time for hours looking for even ONE person to RP with, I spend my days helping orgmates and other AO players, enjoying the aspects of AO which are quite alive.

If you can RP with people you know, it's nice to hear. But, that is as rare as a Chupacabra roaming RK.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

wind you're looking in the wrong places. i rp in the bathroom of reets all the time if you know what i mean

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Hmm, it would be like saying that you can solo Beast, 12Man and not even be teamed with anyone to enter those instances.

I've never heard in my life, of a (sane) person playing tabletop A&D alone.

You can't RP if you're alone... the whole purpose of RP is the interaction.

One of the reasons why I gave up RP is... I could not find people to RP with. Yet, I can find people to raid and level with easily.

So instead of wasting time for hours looking for even ONE person to RP with, I spend my days helping orgmates and other AO players, enjoying the aspects of AO which are quite alive.

If you can RP with people you know, it's nice to hear. But, that is as rare as a Chupacabra roaming RK.
    Haha. I'd have to get to Adonis first (never been there) before I even formulated my plan to solo the Beast.

I guess thats just a difference in philosophy about RP that we have. I don't see it as having to get a team together and we all go to The Cup, Reets or wherever to Role Play rather than go train a bunch of n00bs in ToTW or kill steal Ely Hecks from someone.

To me, RP is me living out the life of my character and interacting with others in a way that I feel my character would respond. It wouldn't matter to me how the person on the other end responded. They could either respond in kind (as their character), talk about RL crap or tell me to STFU n00b kthxbai or whatever.

I plan to RP with a bunch of people I don't know tonight after midnight GMT in Borealis.

To me, RP is me living out the life of my character and interacting with others in a way that I feel my character would respond. It wouldn't matter to me how the person on the other end responded. They could either respond in kind (as their character), talk about RL crap or tell me to STFU n00b kthxbai or whatever.
    That is what we did for years. Then the environment changed, the soil eroded and the crops died.

Good luck in your monumental endeavour.

Thanks. I will do what I can. Hopefully I can draw others out..

Smply put, today's environment is sterile. Efforts to revive RP will go to null until decent resources in the form of players and attention will be injected and like many things will probably wait for the engine,

The best you can do now is to occupy the space and contribute OOC until it happens.

Edit : And in a more personal matter, my apologizes for my absence. 2012 is not a tender year.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Jul 10th, 2012 at 08:20:17.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123