Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Account flagged for RP a year and no contact

Unhappy Account flagged for RP a year and no contact

I've been flagged for RP for over a year now.. play for probably 15-30 hours a week and the only interaction I've had was getting capped once by an Neut freedom fighter when on an Omni Alt... Please try to involve the general public more! Thanks -Fixdem- Third Faction- Atlantean

Not sure if anyone has told you this, but using the RP flag is no garantee of involvement. In fact, its almost safe to presume that most people that use the RP flag... don't actually involve themselves in RP at all.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I cant even count how many times i've been asked "how d you get those = = marks? They look cooool!"
    *Giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Now that my /RP partner is back, I'm sure stuff will pick up a bit. <3
    ~[[ Trying to be active on forums. ]]~

If you mean the account sign up flag I must point out that at any given moment there are at least 50 - 100 accounts showing up on that list, add to the fact that its not always going to be used means that when it comes down to it your not going to definitely see something happen but you have a better chance then if you didn't sign up.

It's rather ludicrous to assume that scores of roleplayers will wander down the street, looking for tagged players to strike up an IC chat with, per the vision of FC. Even in events where event-PC/player interaction was involved, I didn't have my RP flag on and I still participated and chatted in the event. If the tags don't actually raise a flag to RP headhunters in ARK and FC, and barely anyone on their playing characters RP, what's the point of the RP tags?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Normally if you actively look for RP opportunities, you'll find at least some interaction every now and then. Having your account flagged for RP only counts as looking for RP passively at best... I think I've been flagged myself for as long as the option was there (though I can't check right now as the option to set the flag seems to be missing from the Funcom accounts page) and remember only having been dragged out of a Pandemonium raid once by Bahirae. Though I think that would have happened even if I wasn't signed up.

As a shameless advertising plug, join Channel42, look out for LTC notifications and see wether you can either hunt them down, or if they join the channel just strike up a conversation with them right there. One thing I was thinking of adding is a database on usual hangout spots for them. Those could give you hints then, like looking for Jaita in Rompas. I'd need some Neutral and Clan helpers though (or ARK, if they're willing to compile the info), as I don't usually seek our the likes of Simon Silverstone. Working meetings with him usually result in an exchange of gunfire...
    Uragon -- Former Director of Omni-Pol

When running from an angry mob, it is not really necessary to be faster than it. It totally suffices to be faster than your teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Uragon View Post
    join Channel42
    The best advice possible on RK1. I joined/cruised Ch42 for 6 months before attempting to interact. That was my 1st ever attempt at RP.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Reading all this makes me believe RK1 is a lot more active roleplay wise, is this true?
    I've been wondering for a while but didn't think it was worth starting another topic for,
    sorry for intruding this one and if it bothers anyone I'll make sure to delete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstealth View Post
    Reading all this makes me believe RK1 is a lot more active roleplay wise, is this true?
    I've been wondering for a while but didn't think it was worth starting another topic for,
    sorry for intruding this one and if it bothers anyone I'll make sure to delete it.
    Hardly the case, if you ask anyone from Rimor. We have an excellent community which is representative of all three factions which often cooperate for RP.

Like how Gunfytr suggested Channel42, on Rimor our tools are little more modular.

Our Chat is broken out into two separate channels to cut down on cross-talk.

In-Character Chat: /tell nrpb !join
    OOC Chat: /tell aarp !join

And our Tools and Utilities Bot is called RPnet.

Subscribe to features: /tell rpnet !manage

If you have questions about Clan RP send a tell to Dagget and let him know I sent you his way.

if you have questions about Neutral RP send a tell to Keldros and let him know I sent you his way.

If you have questions about Omni-Tek RP send a tell to Trousers and let him know I sent you his way. But I have to warn you about that Trousers fellow, he's a bit of an ***hole

I hope that helps to answer your question.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I'd like to recommend this list of storylines to anyone looking for more ideas on how to get involved. We always seek more people to take part in our storylines, events and LTC interaction.
    Storyline Coordinator Nashedra
    ARK Events Department
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    If the tags don't actually raise a flag to RP headhunters in ARK and FC, and barely anyone on their playing characters RP, what's the point of the RP tags?
    With RP tags it should be easier to see who's currently in character and who's not. However, most people have given up on that ideal long ago, since the RP tag is mostly used by powergaming pvp whores who just use it as a decoration and flip off on you when you ask them to take the tag off when OOC.

Currently the atlantean RP Community seem to be larger than rimor's in numbers and activity. It's not for lack of trying mind you, rimor has player-run tools which under the right conditions would enhance and encourage the rp experience.

However atlanteans are far more relaxed and laid back than rimorean, we try to go with the flow without getting drowned into so much details that it takes away from the simple roleplaying basic rule... just be in-character and talk to someone who is also IC.

I know for a fact, that a few RP orgs (at least on clan side) in Atlantean have been getting former rimorean roleplayers for the past few months, my own org included. They aren't just rolling new toons, they are MOVING over and becoming inactive in rimor.

I hope that once the new graphics engine is out and stable it will increase the rimor population, and thus more roleplayers being active there.

In any case, players will always we welcomed with open arms in atlantean.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Thank you Trousers and Windguaerd
    I'll keep this in mind next time I log on to Rubi-Ka =)

Funcom employee

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooo-kay, before ANYONE starts going off the rails I don't wanna see any Atlantean vs. Rimor stuff in here. ;P Both dims have a sizable selection of RPers to choose from, as well as a good amount of player tools designed to aid in getting players involved. Neither dim is better than the other.

Lemme repeat that:

Neither Dimension Is Better Than The Other.
    This important notice has been brought to you by Happy Fun Ball. Happy Fun Ball would like to remind you that taunting Happy Fun Ball voids all warranties and guarantees. Some restrictions may apply.

Dreadstealth: Just for the record, nothing wrong with your question at all. Just that we have some... very passionate people on these forums. Wanna curtail anything before it starts.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Thank you Trousers and Windguaerd
    I'll keep this in mind next time I log on to Rubi-Ka =)
    No problem, and don't listen to the Fear mongering, there's no problem with the Rimor Community. We have RK1 Transplants just the same they have RK2 Transplants. Both are VERY different and it will be up to you to discover which one works best for you.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooo-kay, before ANYONE starts going off the rails I don't wanna see any Atlantean vs. Rimor stuff in here. ;P Both dims have a sizable selection of RPers to choose from, as well as a good amount of player tools designed to aid in getting players involved. Neither dim is better than the other.

Lemme repeat that:

Neither Dimension Is Better Than The Other.
    This important notice has been brought to you by Happy Fun Ball. Happy Fun Ball would like to remind you that taunting Happy Fun Ball voids all warranties and guarantees. Some restrictions may apply.

Dreadstealth: Just for the record, nothing wrong with your question at all. Just that we have some... very passionate people on these forums. Wanna curtail anything before it starts.
    lol, good call.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Fix, when you say flag do you mean the /rp flag in game, or the check box on your account page?

There is a HUGE difference. The in-game "= <name> =" flag is just visual to clue others that you are into RP. The check box on the account page makes you appear on the list that Pheats is talking about.

The best way to get involved in Role Playing stories is to be there at events and insert yourself into forum RP discussions.

Another route is to create your own story and live it out on Rubi-ka and in the forums. I've done that a few times and got lots of people interested and involved..

Okay, so no dimension is better than the other, I can understand why you'd want to avoid discussion on that topic

So that brings me to one more (and final) thing, i've been hearing about this checkbox on your account page, now I must've looked at every tab available to me and I see this "RP Checkbox" nowhere. Unless it's under the 'Mature' settings, which are unavailable to me?

Thanks

Funcom employee

I think the Events account flag got nerfed at some point in the recent change-over work done on the accounts page. I haven't had any time recently to look into it (been too busy getting the birthday stuff & new PvP playfield together), but when I've got a chance I'll poke the appropriate people. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

I think the Events account flag got nerfed at some point in the recent change-over work done on the accounts page. I haven't had any time recently to look into it (been too busy getting the birthday stuff & new PvP playfield together), but when I've got a chance I'll poke the appropriate people. =)
    Okay thank you I apologize for all the questions asked. Being new to this game means I've a lot of catching up to do, as everyone seems to have settled down here, knowing the tricks of the trade

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast