Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 170 agents needs nerf :)

170 agents needs nerf :)

Wel its been awhile, Devs not responding and im getting harassed, think i touched some nerves. good
    Point is this discuss is useless, delete.
    Last edited by sjefstab; Jun 21st, 2010 at 05:00:17.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    Sjef often posts very angry shade related threads where all the details just dont quite add up.

Top AR twinked TL5 agent alphaing a TL5 MP with 5.8k hps ? ohh thats sooo wrong and shouldnt be possible
    Gone for good
    R.I.P. :
    Bushidobrown 220/20 Omni Soli Crat on RK1
    Dafunky 170/24 Omni Opi Trader on RK1
    Metphyst 220/30 NM MP
    Drimachus 220/22 Trox Keeper
    Raljahz 218/19 Opi Agent
    Kyngsize 214/11 Trox Shade
    Melonn 174/24 Soli MA
    Dafunky 170/17 Soli Trader
    Dizzastarr 170/18 Trox Adv
    Slashwrist 170/11 Trox Agent

Quote Originally Posted by VinniePaz View Post
    Top AR twinked TL5 agent alphaing a TL5 MP with 5.8k hps ? ohh thats sooo wrong and shouldnt be possible
    Certainly not in less than 2 seconds and against 2.1k dodge + full defense?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

point is, a dmg cap is no good if the atk time = 0, aka making it insta kill. also theres the matter of 100%AAO in AI perks, making 2,3k+ dodge very hard.
    Now, theres always some nemesis for each class. But this concerns more than me/MP.
    So if you'd please keep un-constructive comments to yourself?
    yes full defense.
    Sjef often posts very angry shade related threads where all the details just dont quite add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Certainly not in less than 2 seconds and against 2.1k dodge + full defense?
    If he's lucky on crit regular , AS , CS and any AI perk , he can, even my trader can alpha him this fast , and tbh , half of TL5 profs can , not in 2 seconds , but fast enough to consider it an alpha. Now Agent is the strongest alpha profession there , concealment and fast killing is agent's trademark , I dont see anything bad here....
    Gone for good
    R.I.P. :
    Bushidobrown 220/20 Omni Soli Crat on RK1
    Dafunky 170/24 Omni Opi Trader on RK1
    Metphyst 220/30 NM MP
    Drimachus 220/22 Trox Keeper
    Raljahz 218/19 Opi Agent
    Kyngsize 214/11 Trox Shade
    Melonn 174/24 Soli MA
    Dafunky 170/17 Soli Trader
    Dizzastarr 170/18 Trox Adv
    Slashwrist 170/11 Trox Agent

ok so seriously, all think a 1-2 sec kill is ok as it is, with current AS cycle? id like a dev to comment in this matter.

Unfortunately Iolanda, the OP's right.

170 agents are far and away more powerful than any (all, every single) Prof, and probably more powerful than most of two other profs.

So, whichever way you cut it, regardless of your personal feelings, the numbers don't lie.

There are at least 3 170 agents on RK2 with duel win ratios EXCEEDING 10-1. thats like 300+ duel wins to less than 30 losses.

Average equip 170 agents are remarkably powerful. Twinked 170 agents are absolutely deadly in both 1-1 close encounters and even more deadly in open encounters. Even in open PVP I've seen 1 170 agent take down 3+ opponents working in concert, via OP'd root and run tactics, isolate and kill, and kiting.

The bottom line is, no matter which way you cut it, a 170 agent played properly with OSB's (GSF,RRFE) is the single hardest encounter you can have in game for a similarly equipped and leveled character (with the only possible exception being a trader who is in range for drains without the agent alphaing him first).

If anyone should be nerfed its tl5 keepers imho; huge AR, 2s HD, ev0l regular hits, evul auras, perked nr1, ql 300 ofabs put by simply rclilcking it etc. Just stop this madness

TL5 agents are fine, they are easy to kill if only they are not osb, not hp setuped and dont have towers nor do land UBT at first try. And when they don’t kite. Ofc you need to have anti-ubt rod, motr and dimach ready to take them down and some luck with crits but that’s normal. I see no reason to nerf them, especially as an enf I find it ok when they hit me for 5k+ dmg every 11s so I can suffer a bit from my high hp that is enormously high and should be nerfed or when they instakill my nt so I do suffer from my low hp that is enormously low and should be nerfed. Working as intended imho. There is nothing to complain. Learn to play newb.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Jun 11th, 2010 at 07:23:54.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    TL5 agents are fine, they are easy to kill if only they are not osb, not hp setuped and dont have towers nor do land UBT at first try. And when they don’t kite.
    And the probability to find such 170 agent is?

On RK2 there aint a single agent who does not kite. Of course they kite, why wouldn't they. The only exception is maybe siukon because he loves me <3
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Unfortunately Iolanda, the OP's right.

170 agents are far and away more powerful than any (all, every single) Prof, and probably more powerful than most of two other profs.

So, whichever way you cut it, regardless of your personal feelings, the numbers don't lie.

There are at least 3 170 agents on RK2 with duel win ratios EXCEEDING 10-1. thats like 300+ duel wins to less than 30 losses.

Average equip 170 agents are remarkably powerful. Twinked 170 agents are absolutely deadly in both 1-1 close encounters and even more deadly in open encounters. Even in open PVP I've seen 1 170 agent take down 3+ opponents working in concert, via OP'd root and run tactics, isolate and kill, and kiting.

The bottom line is, no matter which way you cut it, a 170 agent played properly with OSB's (GSF,RRFE) is the single hardest encounter you can have in game for a similarly equipped and leveled character (with the only possible exception being a trader who is in range for drains without the agent alphaing him first).
    Very true.

My trader is the only tl5 toon that I have that can actually compete with good agents. That is if I can land divest before they can use WTFPWNT 12345 skillz.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Proposed changes will have 3s cast time on as and conc shot ar from rifle instead of as so you won't see stuff like this once the rebalancing hits. I'd say FC is aware of the problem (Just taking forever to do something about it)

Surely the point everyone is missing is this: If AO hopes to pull in new players, then the experience must be enjoyable.

Being killed inside 2 seconds with no hope of retaliation is not gonna be an enjoyable experience for anyone. It's the kinda thing that will make people quit. This equals even less BS, even smaller playerbase.

Thus it needs to be addressed. The game experience for the majority is more important than preserving one persons '12345 lololol I pwned j00' epeen.

TL5 twinks are failing to see the bigger picture (no great suprise).
    Sheffsam (200/0 Agent) E - Drsheffsam (200/0 Doc) E - Sheffsammy (200/0 NT) E - Sheffie (200/0 Trader) E - Sheffix (200/0 Fixer) E
    Sheffs (220/30/70 Doc) Crit - Nabcake (220/30/70 NT) Cheap & Effective - Sheff (220/30/67 Agent) Equip Undecided
    RK2 Neutral - Grey Area

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffsammie View Post
    Surely the point everyone is missing is this: If AO hopes to pull in new players, then the experience must be enjoyable.

Being killed inside 2 seconds with no hope of retaliation is not gonna be an enjoyable experience for anyone. It's the kinda thing that will make people quit. This equals even less BS, even smaller playerbase.

Thus it needs to be addressed. The game experience for the majority is more important than preserving one persons '12345 lololol I pwned j00' epeen.

TL5 twinks are failing to see the bigger picture (no great suprise).

Sure, but that's not down to any single thing. It's because of the enormous difference between a pvp twink and a average equipped pvm char. The only way to really change that is to make equipment matter less, and that is not going to be popular among existing players... to put it mildly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffsammie View Post
    /snip
    Thing is that as a new player pretty much every twink (or twink wannabe for that matter) will just steamroll you. Gap betwen new player, regular and twinked one is huge

As for OP... Yes agents are OPed atm (comming from someone who has decenty geared, not twinked, agent with good score at tl5) but as it was already discussed they will get quite a nerf with rebalancing
    Vetus
    Mikrometa

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Sure, but that's not down to any single thing. It's because of the enormous difference between a pvp twink and a average equipped pvm char.
    2.1k+ def MP is much more then your "average equipped pvm char". Being able to waste one such twink that easy is a bit, well... Disturbing.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Calamite View Post
    Hah that's the point of this thread. Agents don't have to be good to be successful. GJ on your agent, it's really good, but what upsets me and others the most is that you don't need to work hard on your agent to be good.
    Thats like saying TL7 NT can go NR2 and wear omnimed and still be good.
    ohwait, its true
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by Calamite View Post
    Agents don't have to be good to be successful; what upsets me and others the most is that you don't need to work hard on your agent to be good.
    .. I tend to disagree..
    Seriously, it indeed IS a lot of hard work, I am on my 3rd setup for my agent now, stil getting killed more in BS, than I kill others.

But I agree on the point that it indeed is too hard work to obtain.

If you have a toon with a few AI lvls, are 160ish, you have no chance to survive, make your time in BS..
    abselutely none.. ESPECIALLY as Agent.

When you have grinded research, AI lvls and rolled hundrets of missions for nanoes (litterelly; I have over 900), gotten the AI armor, and LE weapons..
    ..sure by _then_ you are a killing machine.
    But getting to that point is awfull for an Agent.
    Other professions have a much easier time, an enjoyable time as they get to use there full toolsets, while agents need a lot of work to even get to use it.

Going Mimic makes you nanoskills WAY low, meaning that sompared to other lvl 170, you need a lot of work on +nanoskill equipment (and AI lvs REQUIRED) for you to be able to use your nanoes.

Have a try at it, and you will find out that getting an Agent takes A LOT more work than other professions..

..but indeed the aveage VS. twink is enormous in AO, and _that_ indeed is a problem.
    But if you think Agents are easy to play, then go have a try

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Ariensky, here's the problem.

The same effort you put into that agent to make them into demigods isn't mirrored with the other professions. Now, at TL5 it isn't as big of a deal, since almost all professions save for the Shade and possibly the Keeper (though I've seen some damn good Keepers, and I'll admit Nosferatuu represents TL5 shades rather well) have their god-equips that lay waste to anyone else not in a god-equip, but the problem intensifies greatly at other title levels.

Take TL2 for instance. As TL5 Agents, Traders, and Enforcers obliterate the hell out of almost anyone they touch, so is it that TL2 Enforcers, Traders (in a lesser sense), Soldiers, and Agents can dominate an entire Battlestation. But why? Because you can do a blistering amount of effort on one toon - say, strapping a JAME on a Soldier, who already has access to relatively high HP and a 40 second period of 75% reflects - which does not translate the same towards other classes. You could bust your balls getting, say, a 100-110 Spike of Menace on a 49 shade, deck him out in full CM, build a near-flawless timing sequence on your damage-perks... But in the end, it matters little. Sure, you can rip froob toons and badly-equipped 49ers to ribbons, but when Joe Enforcer comes barreling down, fears you, then pounds you with a pair of Beaters capable of 400-point regulars, plus has access to Kizzers (fun fact: 49 Shades cannot get 321 SharpObjects), it ain't gonna matter how much effort you put in that shade when you're hampered by ql40-60 spirits and no token board.

Now let's move back into TL5. Agents can equip 230 symbiants, far as I'm aware. Combine that with Complete Healing and UBT, a smattering of high-damage perks (one of which always stuns), and an 11-second AimedShot and a potential critting Flingshot, together with Absolute Concentration and other +crit shizzle - you have a lot of small yet powerful tools mixing together to create a near-invincible opponent. They're essentially Doctors with enormous damage capabilities and roots.
    Last edited by Saetos; Jun 12th, 2010 at 19:54:21.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Champion of XYZ perks need to be nerfed so they no longer check double AAO, and MPs need something to stop them from going instasplat if someone still perks them after that nerf.

That is all.

Signed,

TL5 MP + TL7 Agent.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Oh and as for the blind ring and dazzle theories:

1. You don't have the perks to get DwL, and it doesn't land on any decent profs.
    2. I've abused the blind ring trick before in duels with Mimic Enf agents - the only way for me to win them was land Curse of Chronos and then let Twilight's Murder queue up. It works one time, since the agent will waste his perks under the blind, but the times after that he just waits for the blind to run out whereafter he'll faceroll you.
    3. Now even Mimic Doc agents such as Feble's agent Siukon can perk my MP, and if I remember correctly I have near 2.2k dodge def. Which means in Mimic Enf I could DwL and blindring him all I want but even with those both running on him he'd still perk and therefore alphakill me...
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast