Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shrinking and Growing Bracers

Shrinking and Growing Bracers

Funcom, help me realize my dream as a midget Atrox in a swimsuit!

Allow social bracers --> Shrinking and Growing bracers to be worn with social clothes
    Last edited by Lolamonster; Oct 9th, 2002 at 03:13:51.

Smile My thoughts...

REMOVE SOCIAL ARMOR RESTRICTIONS ... TODAY!
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Couldnt agree more!...

Lots of people for example love the black MA suits ( not the AC ones, just the social ones)... but cannot wear armour as well. Why not allow people to wear clothes OVER armour?

Some would say its because a figure hugging dress would look all lumpy over armour so its not allowed. If thats true then how come the AC ones dont look lumpy over my flowers tech? hmm?
    TAMIYANA - RK1

Mail Tami!
    ------------------------------------------------
    To fear your enemy is wise.. to know your enemy is wiser still.....

The social armor tag shouldn't be removed from all items otherwise battlesuits would be overpowered as a back slot armor.

But for normal clothes with no bonus the tag makes no sense.

Smile My thoughts...

Just to put a historical spin on this, there once was a time when you wear a full set of armor underneath a swimsuit. Although this was unrealistic, it didn't give any sort of advantage. My problem with this as someone who likes to have the greatest flexibility in clothes wear, is that this "social armor" could no longer be paired with headgear like sunglasses or different style shoes.

My suggestion is that they differentiate between back armor and social wear so that social clothing is not tied to battlesuits. Also, they should add a tag for swimsuits and lingerie so that they appear underneath other clothing/armor, and not above. Suppose you are wearing a full set of armor, a cloak worn in the back slot should cover that armor. On the other hand, if you are wearing lingerie, then I would expect the armor to cover the lingerie. But it would be revealed partially if you removed your chest armor. Doesn't that make sense?

I understand that most people don't care about this issue, but I would really like to see it addressed. Thus, my tagline.
    - Szentasha

Re: My thoughts...

Originally posted by Szentasha
    REMOVE SOCIAL ARMOR RESTRICTIONS ... TODAY!
    I agree with the hippie... although at least now you can wear shades with social armor.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Social armor bad!

I heartily agree. Lose the social armor tag entirely. I never could figure out why it was added in the first place. Im one of thoes folks who fondly remember doing mission in my bikini...
    ++++++++++++++++++
    Swing
    199 Solitus Engeneer
    Omni-Tek, TestLive
    "It used to be that brave heroes would go out into the darkness and slay monsters. Now that we've banished the darkness, we've discovered we're all monsters."

Hmz, I can't see how mixing armor and a dress i.e. would be desired. Keep the social armor as it is.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Dont think bracers should count as armor...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

You know I agree with Eaze that I don't understand what the big deal is. However I disagree with Eaze that it should be left the way it is.

From my point of view it doesn't affect gameplay, it doesn't nerf or boost anyone, it is an RP thing. Now I like RP but even in RL I don't undertand the whole clothing thing (my wife dresses me so I don't stand out too much in a crowd, she even picked out my outfit in AO).

I must admit though that while having swim suits etc show up under armor makes realistic sense it also adds complexity to the patch requested. If someone wants to sacrifice some armor so they can run around missions in a swim suit, even if it is over armor and the armor isn't shown, I think it would look hilarious.

I must admit, I would not want to team with an Atrox in a bikini, seen it, almost gagged, would hate to mission with it. Last thing I want to do is stand behind an Atrox enforcer in a thong while trying to keep my mind on the battle.

So if they took away the social tag from clothes, kept it on Battle suits, I think it would be a simple non-volatile change that would make lots of people happy. For those of us that don't get it, well we won't use it. No harm no foul, go for it FC.
    Dauhuai
    Clan Nano Engineer (159)
    Building a better Rubi-Ka One Tradeskill at a time

Sodamoca
    Clan Atrox Doctor (155)
    Free SFA to all Clan

i dont know why they changed it either it was one of those dumb things its not like ac means a whole heck of alot any way (the differnces that is not the lack off)
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

Smile More comments...

I've asked people about this. I have never used a battlesuit, but some people told me that the social armor restriction was to prevent people from wearing a battlesuit with other armor. If this is true than it seems as though truely social clothing just got in the way. Seems like a misguided and not well thought out change. Why battlesuits and bikinis have the same classification, I have no idea.

My feeling is that ultimately SOCIAL and ARMOR are contradictory terms and is just further proof of what a poor implementation this is.
    - Szentasha

just add a completely seperate tab for social clothes and allow a preference setting to display what is shown.

reason why I don't wear social clothes more often? because even at level 198 with all base abilities capped since many, many levels ago I can't selfequip some parts of my armor..

If I could I sure as hell would use social clothes more often but right now I need the following things to get my ma suit back on: general boosts, IC, behemoth AND changing implants. That is a huge barrier actively discouraging me from wearing social clothes on more occassions.

It may not be a very 'real-life' like solution, but it would make a whole lot of people much more inclined to wear social armor
    Last edited by Hayake; Oct 17th, 2002 at 02:09:51.

Arrow

AO was more fun when you could put a bathing suit or whatever on top of your armor. Especially when you were poor and had a bunch of mismatched ugly crap.

You had to redo it every time you zoned, or nobody saw it. It didn't have the distance view limitation that the yalm-midget bug has now though.

I like the armor/clothes tab idea. You could even have "forced social" zones (like the clubs) that only let you show your clothes tab. There could also be "forced armor" zones that only show your armor tab, such as dungeons and pvp areas. It would have no affect on your stats, just appearance.

One thing...I'd be a little wary of forcing even more textures to load on everyone's computer every time someone changes it. It would have to be something that wouldn't come into effect until you zoned.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Re: Shrinking and Growing Bracers

Originally posted by Lola
    Funcom, help me realize my dream as a midget Atrox in a swimsuit!

Allow social bracers --> Shrinking and Growing bracers to be worn with social clothes
    until scaling is fixed, it won't matter if they let you wear bracers with a swimsuit. everyone but you will see a full-sized atrox in a swimsuit. fix scaling as well please!

id like to wear them with my GA

title says it all...i mean...how on earth can this imbalance anything? heh

Talking HEAR HEAR!

I SO agree with this, it's scary! How often I look in my extended wardrobe after a hard day at the battlefield - and sigh

Easier acces to wearing social armor would be so nice and add a great bonus to this game. Why they couldnt think of a more elegant change to the battlesuit problem is beyond me.
    Funcom! You need to hire more women!

PS And OH how I'd like to see a minute Atrox in a swimsuit or even a giant smurph!
    "is there anyone on this ship who remotely looks like Satan?"

Pluspol - NT
    Ozon - crat

Talking ...

I want to wear bracers of shrinking under my GA4 so I can be a proper smurf. Bracers of shrinking give absolutely NO bonusses to the user so Im not sure why they cant be worn under GA except that someone hasnt set the proper flags yet....

GIVE ME MY SHRINKING BRACERS UNDER GA!!!

Empx
    200/Fixer/RK2

Re: ...

Originally posted by Empx
    I want to wear bracers of shrinking under my GA4 so I can be a proper smurf. Bracers of shrinking give absolutely NO bonusses to the user so Im not sure why they cant be worn under GA except that someone hasnt set the proper flags yet....

GIVE ME MY SHRINKING BRACERS UNDER GA!!!

Empx
    200/Fixer/RK2
    but they don't work!
    the same thing that makes you appear small to everyone else when you get out of your yalm makes you appear normal sized to everyone else when you are wearing bracers of shrinking/growing.
    asking for them to work with social armor is completely moot because they don't work without it, either!.
    please funcom, we're tired of the yalm bug. fix scaling!
    and after that, let us wear non-stat-raising stuff with social armor too!

Smile

The *ideal* solution would be to have two clothing tabs, one for armour only and one for social only. Rings, bracers, neck stuff etc. would be able to go in either, only actual armour in the armour one, and only social clothing in the other. Then add a hot-key to switch between them, taking say 1 minute to do.

That would be ideal, but would need programming and many database alterations and additions.

Still, if FC do another booster pack, I want that as one of its features
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast