Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'll get flamed for this, but...

Re: I'll get flamed for this, but...

Originally posted by Mega^|3io
    The evac is more or less insta-cast. A doctor may be able to do an initive-debuff to make it require 6 or so seconds, though while fighting a doctor, it is unlikely that they would need to evac anyway.
    ~Chris
    doc does init debuff fixer is forced to come off full defense doh his dmg is so low our hots out heal his dmg double dot him our dots counter his hots only one way for his hp to go... down down down sux0re might take awhile but fixers are one of the easier profs for a doc to kill
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

One important thing I would like to mention about trader vs. ga4 fixer duels is wheter or not fixer have mochies. If they do, it's basically a stalemate because I can't hit him and he does no serious dmg to me. Otherwise I win every time when I can oe their ga.
    Hide your babies!! A trader is a coming!! Nerf us before we can get all your babies!!

TraderDoug

Current(and dream) Setup

Come Participate in my PvP tourney(rimor only)

Hmmm...maybe I will start a fixer.... LOL

People are not interested in math here, Eth.

However, I do not think that GAs are as bad as some other balance issues. When Fixer is on full defence and using GA MKIV, the damage output is not amazing. Hard to kill that fixer tho.

Originally posted by Trader Doug
    One important thing I would like to mention about trader vs. ga4 fixer duels is wheter or not fixer have mochies. If they do, it's basically a stalemate because I can't hit him and he does no serious dmg to me. Otherwise I win every time when I can oe their ga.
    Well, personally i grab mochs before i go to 2ho whenever i can. I have 3 meta-physicist guildmates.

I suppose you would be correct in saying that a trader can definately not kill a GA fixer as easy if he has those buffs + maxed grid armor nano skills, however on a comparison to 140 and 413, it is still a gaurantee the grid armor will be OE 75% or lower.

North says people aren't interested in math here, but here i go.

A fixer with dark blue nano skills, expertises, and implant should probably be able to get his nano skills at say...800ish max? I would have to ask the fixers higher level than me to be sure on this..Of course, it will be different on an atrox but i'll stick to solitus and opifex since those are the most common fixer breeds.

If you debuff 413 from 800, the fixer will have below half his or her skill. Add 140, they'll have higher. So yes it may be a close line between 50% OE and 75% OE, but with trader drain heals (nerfed, but still heals that damage us) and ithaca specials/occasional hit the trader will still win. Outside buffs included in profession balance discussions i feel are not valid ones, since for example a NT could get essence/rrf, the weaknesses are negated to some extent by outside buffs...unfair? Then duel self-buffed. It's that simple. It isn't unfair in mass pvp because you have several people attacking one or more targets.

"The evac is more or less insta-cast. A doctor may be able to do an initive-debuff to make it require 6 or so seconds, though while fighting a doctor, it is unlikely that they would need to evac anyway.
    ~Chris "

More. However, i've been hit by 13 specials in 2 seconds. That nice evac nano i depended on got me to the reclaim :P Also in even 6 seconds or more under a init debuff, you can get that interrupted...and enforcers/MAs can interrupt your casting with the brawl skill.

I'm not sure if any of you noticed yet but the recent patch fixed a major bug with the evac nano. Several times i've fallen to the ground and died in 14.4, however the casting is still going after i am on the ground, and it teleports my corpse into the grid...No point loss, no rez effects, no buff loss. And i was sure i was dead, but the orange bar kept moving to the right. People have seen this happening to me, i prefer not to call it an exploit because i am not psychic and i dont know when people's dimach/fling/burst or any other 'quick kill' special skill pops up so ill know 'well itll cast anyway.' They fixed it so ALL casting is terminated by the time you reach 0 HP. So any real grievances people had of the evac nano in 14.4 and before of 'i was sure he was dead' 'his corpse disappeared!' will no longer happen.
    Last edited by Stromm; Oct 13th, 2002 at 06:14:02.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

yeah but the hit evac..lag so don't zone and as now have only 1 hp die when so much as a leet attacks you
    then the wait to see if you zone to reclaim or grid is always fun though
    Last edited by Slaggermulps; Oct 14th, 2002 at 20:18:32.
    woohoo at last!!!! i've found my MK IV
    "Make all trader drains self only." -aaronb (asmoran)

Bottom line is:

1. Your math is close.
    2. Mochams or not, an equal level trader will kill an equal level MKIV fixer, all day long.
    3. Outside buffing doesn't matter.
    4. There is nothing fixers can do about this.

Every profession has at least 2-3 nemesis. It's how the game works.

News Flash: Evac is not a sure thing, ever.

Arg
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

Every profession has at least 2-3 nemesis. It's how the game works.
    Not every profession.

Fixers can be beat, yes. But killed ? hardly

Do I care ?

no.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

some have more nemesis : )
    engie...crat ...

Arrow Nt's?

Dont forget that most Nano-Tech nukes have a nano resist of 110% and it is very hard or iven impossible to land them on a Fixer with 1k+ Nano Resist.

In my opinion giving Fixers such great evade ability and nano resist is unbalancing... They should be valunerable to atlest ONE form of attack.

Now flame away

I have to laugh at this thread

Since when is this a problem?

If a fixer sacrifices his offensive capabilities to be "unkillable" then where is the threat?

Bein a soldier, I am quite used to not being able to beat anyone. The hellspinner has changed that a little, but not by much.

So what if I cant hit the pesky little smurf, even if I have 1100+ atk rating? He cant do more than tickle me anyway, unless he is a zneaky smurf and uses dimach.... still, the recycle on that is so long that it really doesnt matter.

I like smurfs, and I think they are one of the few classes that actually work like they are intended to do (combatwise).

Ma`s work well too, and it is stated that they should be the best non nano dmg dealers.

As for the rest of us...eeeeh, well...... we could all use some work
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Fixers with Ga are hard to kill, but it's not like they do awsome damage and kill anyone fast either.

Pointless to duel a GAIV fixer, but in mass PvP, it's him/her that grid out, not you that die.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Re: Nt's?

Originally posted by Demona66
    Dont forget that most Nano-Tech nukes have a nano resist of 110% and it is very hard or iven impossible to land them on a Fixer with 1k+ Nano Resist.

In my opinion giving Fixers such great evade ability and nano resist is unbalancing... They should be valunerable to atlest ONE form of attack.

Now flame away
    They are very vulnerable to divest/plunder and nano shutdown (if we can get them to land). It's remarkable how fast a fixer goes down when GA is OEd.

Of course, trader drains are pretty much #1 on the Top Ten Most Wanted Nerfs(tm) list, with nano shutdown not far behind.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Originally posted by Georg
    Fixers can be beat, yes. But killed ? hardly

Do I care ?

no.
    Georg when i was fighting you in 2ho i didn't see epilision purge casted in my NCU. :P What i saw was that yalm chase from 2ho helipad to andromeda, hehe

Also what i meant on the evac thing is that the bar no longer continues to cast when you are dead. It's probably still possible to evac RIGHT when the bar finishes and you take your last hit, however before i could just press '6' or '9' (RGJ & RD keys) at 1 hp and the bar would be at 0% as i was on the ground dead, and 100% finished and in the grid. That doesn't happen anymore. All that mattered was that i hit the cast key while i was alive, however low on hp i was, the nano would continue to cast while i was 'dead.'

"Dont forget that most Nano-Tech nukes have a nano resist of 110% and it is very hard or iven impossible to land them on a Fixer with 1k+ Nano Resist."

I do not have maxed nano resist, i've talked to GA4 fixers who have their nano resist maxed and they say they resist drains rarely..however...if fixers are resisting NT nukes which is supposed to be the biggest bane of our profession up there with NSD and trader drains then that needs some reworking. Nano resist is very ****ed up anyway atm. You need 1k+ to resist anything besides roots practically...
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Kaiousama
    No Crest I fought Uberfixx a few days ago, I was self buffed except for a run buff, I know she had at least rrfe, essence, and coruscating screen...I still got her to run and it didn't take all that long.

lol... i was so "F-word" drunk man that night )))

Stromm, ep is kinda annoying to selfcast for a gimp like me ;o)
    Might be able to in some levels tho its not usefull at all except against fixers... perhaps... if it sticks.... ;p
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Originally posted by Georg
    Stromm, ep is kinda annoying to selfcast for a gimp like me ;o)
    Might be able to in some levels tho its not usefull at all except against fixers... perhaps... if it sticks.... ;p
    awwwwwwwww

I chaincast EP on fixers before trying to dmg em. I it sticks I win. I always win to fixers anyways (if they dont run like sodie always does for me, even 1on1)

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123