Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'll get flamed for this, but...

Mega^|3io

I'll get flamed for this, but...

You know, I'm going to get flamed. I haven't been flamed for a while -- so it will be an odd feeling, go easy on me -- but I do have to question the ability for people to kill Fixers in ruleless (i.e. unethical, anything goes pvp, such as 95% of what goes on today is) fights. (tolja I'd get flamed for this. )

A fixer with Grid Armor MKIV is unkillable if he/she chooses to be. (there, that one sentence will be flamed to hell )

I'm not crying nerf... I'm just trying to present the math to people. I'm sure a lot of people know this already, but a lot of people are under the misconception that it is possible to do so, when it is not.

The evac is more or less insta-cast. A doctor may be able to do an initive-debuff to make it require 6 or so seconds, though while fighting a doctor, it is unlikely that they would need to evac anyway.

The next argument of which is that one will be able to debuff them to their inability to grid out, or use their grid armor efficiently. Even if a trader did the impossible -- drain a fixer with plunders and divests -- it doesn't change much, as far as evacuations go.

Why is it nearly impossible for traders to drain a fixer?
    Well, it is possible to get extremely high Nano Resist on a fixer -- nearly as much as on an enforcer. That is because of the +300 NR Buff on Grid Armor MKIV. It might be possible to land a Divest, but not a plunder, and it is impossible to cast Nano Shutdown on someone with GAMKIV, full defense, implanted NR (minus the head), and with the SoM items. Impossible. (I have run tests on such.) Even if a trader manages to cast a plunder, then the Fixer can still cast an evac.

Therefore, except in the occasional mass PvP, it is nearly impossible to kill a fixer in PvP. As I said, I am not calling for a nerf. I merely want to know what everyone thinks of this, and exactly how true it is, when placed on something besides paper. To be honest, the math aspect of it makes it look impossible, though perhaps in Mass PvP is happens a good deal, as I do not mass PvP, I merely duel.

Secondly, the ability to actually kill a fixer naturally has also been put up to question. I have 1172 Martial Arts skill as an Engineer, with a 14% LLTS, etc. I am unable to even dent a fixer with Grid Armor MKIV. If I was to grab Four Fists of Kali for 1300 attack rating, I still cannot do enough damage to them. That is, with 1300 attack rating. The only exception to the ability to get 1300 attack rating, other than an engy, is to be an enforcer or an agent. (FP: Engy, Slayer Transference, Mimic Prof: Drain, probably not very likely.) So, I must bring up the question of whether or not a fixer is even killable in a formal duel. The argument to this is fixer, or MPs, nukes. It is supposedly possible -- though once again the nanoresist issue falls into place when looked at in this aspect. With 1100+ (1200 if, for some odd reason, the fixer swapped out the head implant for NR), you will still resist 50% of 100% resist nukes, which most certainly causes difficulties. That seems to be the most logical solution to defeating a fixer -- although the fixer's damage output is now quite great, which may mean that the low HP classes of the Crat, NT, and MP may not last long enough to kill the fixer.

Anyway.. as I said.. not calling for a nerf.. just looking for feedback on how you all feel.. heh..

~Chris

i gave argulace his neo in a duel in 2ho (although one did jump in for 1.5k dmg to me).

with 1116 AR at the time...i didnt even make his HP bar move. all MA special attacks were resisted. and to top it off..he dimached me for 985 dmg between gun changes (now that was funny).

by no means would i ever cry nerf to a proffession. nor am i whining..i am just stating a fact. that it wasnt even really a close fight...it was total and complete ownage.

yeah, i've fought arg quite a few times and never even came close to hitting him except for brawl AS/fling...all the more good that did me. those hots heal up my pitiful dmg on him almost instantly.

also, got owned by a 156 fixer, same deal, couldn't touch him.

i'm not calling for a nerf, i just won't fight a fixer, period.

I remeber fighting Hextor...

Do fixer ever go out from full defence?

Becasue He resisted my ini debuff 2 times and i spend 3k Nano Trying to dot him with 2 highest Doc dots... Fixer nano resistance is way higher then nano skills i can get.

Maybe a lvl 150 NT can kill lvl 200 fixer but what about the rest?

No i am not crying for nerf i want improvement to my Dots atleast make then 50% reistable.

Some professions are suppoused to be better then other at beating certain professions. Every profession have their flaws even GA fixers. As a NT I simply nuke the living daylights out of the smurfs whilst most other professions will kick my bottom all over RubiKa...

if you know how, we die quite easily
    woohoo at last!!!! i've found my MK IV
    "Make all trader drains self only." -aaronb (asmoran)

1- When fixers get double divested they cant evac or ****.
    2- With 1k NR and at full def I am deprived 8/10 times thats a fact.
    3- If we go full def we cant really make dmg. Do we?
    4- All specials nd crits go in and PvP is all about crits and spacials *shrug*

What I agree is when we are outside buffed we have a major advantage to other outside buffed ppl.

EDIT: Then again you all have HOT, NCU and runbuffs on you all the time
    Spending like 50 rechargers per hour at 2hO hehe
    Last edited by Sware; Oct 9th, 2002 at 10:46:52.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Originally posted by Slaggermulps
    if you know how, we die quite easily

No we are the hardest proffesion to kill with Docs. But its when we want to survive&evade. If we take an offensive stance.. the world of us is topsy turvy.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Lightbulb the other way?

One question, do you belive that its possibel to break a class the other way around? Isent the core of the problem that all at least wants to think they have chans of doing something?

Imagine the following scenario, a certain proffession would get so mutch items, buffs etc that this proffesion would own every other proffesion all the time, not only in duels, even 2 others would not stand a chans. There is nothing you can do?

No proffesion would really enjoy this becasue THERE is something you can do. You dont HAVE to fight this uber proffesion. You CAN zone away, run away etc. So what do we have now...then we have a paradox, by making a class to good this class will be broken by this

Beating a GA4 fixer is easy, killing them is not.
    Yagyu for life

well

every class has there nemisi, some more than others of course but nts own fixers, and i would imagine, mps and crats with specials to back up there nukes would do quite well also...thank god for the fixer class for keeping traders and docs from being unbeatable..bleh

crit is checked after you have hitten your opponent
    so if u have 15% chance to crit , and only 10% of hit are landed
    u ll do 1.5% of critical hit not 15%

Agent under concentration miss some hit even with a 100% crit buff

Originally posted by Lion Strimple

What I agree is when we are outside buffed we have a major advantage to other outside buffed ppl.

EDIT: Then again you all have HOT, NCU and runbuffs on you all the time
    Spending like 50 rechargers per hour at 2hO hehe
    Number 4, as tavumebottes said, is not true. I am an agent. When fighting a fixer, I tried going full O and casting Absolute Concentration to get my three or four crits on him like I do everyone else (Aside from Bodysnatch .. ) and I missed every time. Also, now that I reread this. His number 1 isnt true either. There are some fixers that I can go Mimic Trader (As I usually do) and drain them for 400+ points and really screw em over, but that is just a FEW of them. Most of them I can't land my 75% roots on, let alone a 100% or 190% drain.
    Last edited by James Hetfield; Oct 9th, 2002 at 13:06:01.
    Rookie James Metallica86 Hetfield: Level 193 - Agent (Grandmaster Assasin) (Now with Map Upgrade - Side!!!).
    Misterquick: Level 47 fiXXXer - 0% effective $150 mil. twink - Applicant of Obsidian Order

Sell me your QL220 clusters!

Metallica86 - Now building your ql 200 implants.

Proud owner of Anarchy Online: The Notum Wars... WAIT A SEC! Nothing is different!

yeah nerf ga4..coz i dont have it))

Most Fixers are my easy kills. I hit them with every nuke.

Originally posted by loca
    yeah nerf ga4..coz i dont have it))
    Better yet just give me GA4 and I'll have no problem
    Yagyu for life

Originally posted by Lion Strimple
    1: Why is it fixers still evac from me after I stack divest/plunder advanced on them? Oh yeah they cast recless digitization...

2: How do you know that? Do you get a message when you counter a drain? Wonder why I resist 6/10 when I try draining myself with 710 NR, and you resist only 2/10 with 1K NR.

3: oh well yeah you got 1 out of 4 right.

4: Tauvembotte covered that one.

Btw, just say NO, to nerfs!
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

sure crying docs are the funniest..

huh?
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

and dont be an atrox trader with 400 int and psi

maybe try 2 rise nano attack skills over nano R?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast