Thread: Ah the good old days

If you were, you wouldn't be.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

No, it's definitely nostalgic. I can only look back and smile.

Mega^|3io
    Originally posted by Iphigenia
    No, it's definitely nostalgic. I can only look back and smile.
    Yea, back when AO was fun.
    ~Chris

was there and came back

and i am not nostalgic about it at all i am just happy that they got over this.

the first 2 months were so not fun.

on the other hand i hardly buy any game out during the first 3 months of its realease at all.

i realised as i bought arcanum, nvn and morrowind that what funcom did is standard business practice nowadays.

the reasons for this do not matter to me, i have drawn my conclusions from it but i sure hope the market shifts again.

i remember when "bugs and issues" in a released game meant you could crash when you entered one zone or could not finish a specific quest.

and not that it does not run on your machine period.

or that the copy protection has to be patched for the game in order to run on ANY combo drive (dvd/cd or dc/burner).

must be the net that promoted this bunch of crap! throw it out asap, we can patch later just get me more money now!

sad that i feel i have to fall down and worship the electron gods when a store bought game got the appropriate patches for my system out so i can play within the first 2 weeks of its release.

and to think the time when games could be played out of the box was only like 3-5 years ago - feels like a new era now for sure
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Talking

I miss AO pre 12.6 ( well atleast some of it )