Thread: The Last Three Minutes of General Fonzworth

The Last Three Minutes of General Fonzworth

[Interior, OTS General Charles Fonzworth - Combat Information Center]

“Report!” Yells the Commander with a grunt as he staggers to maintain his balance.

“Sir! There are fires on decks D through G, aft section!”

“There must have been an explosion.” The XO mutters as he taps on an instrument panel. “Bulkhead Sensors are not responding – For this many to not respond they must have been destroyed.”

“Ensign, Radio the Golden Eagle. Tell them that we have a situation and need immediate assistance.” The commander barks as he turns to his second in command who is still observing the mostly red instrument panel. “This isn't looking good.”

“No.” The XO replies. “Look. The explosion took out the primary corridor to the munitions depot.”

“Seems like we're extremely lucky.”

“I don't know...There's noting in the area which could have caused an explosion of this size without it being a munition, and there's no reason for one to be in that corridor.”

“You're suggesting this was deliberate?”

“It does seem awful convenient that the explosion would seal off the munitions depot from the rest of the ship.”

The two officers pause briefly to turn their attention each other.

“I'll evacuate the ship.” the XO states turning around the walking toward an intercom.

“Commander, I have Golden Eagle Actual.” The ensign states as he points to an ear based comm device.

“Patch it through.” He orders. “Admiral. We've suffered a large explosion near our munitions depot. As a precaution I'm beginning the evacuation of my personal. Yes, Sir. Absolutely, Sir. Fonzworth, out.”

“Ensign, I need a list of essential personal we have on board and ...”

“Sir...” The ensign interrupts. “We're picking up a radiological alert. Distance... 0 kilometers.”

Again the two officers turn to connect their glances.

“I didn't authorize the arming of anything.” The XO says in his defense.

“Get the Depot on the horn.”

“Right.” the XO says as he picked up a handheld com that is attached to the central command interface.

“Ensign, activate the emergency beacon. Use cycle code Bravo, Zulu, Gamma, Delta, Delta, Epsilon.”

“Aye, Sir.”

“Attention all personal.” A computer voice states over the loud speakers of the vessel. “Immediate Evacuation of all persons has been orders by the Commander. You are to abandon all tasks and move quickly to the nearest emergency escape pod or transport shuttle. This is not a drill.”

The XO pushes a button on the command console and looks up. “There's no answer from the depot.”

“Everyone get out of here.” The commander orders. “That's an order.”

“I'll start venting the atmosphere in and around the depot. If this turns out to be nothing we'll say it was the only way to control the fires.” The XO says.

“That's fine. I just sincerely hope that this is nothing then ...”

[Interior, OTS Golden Eagle - Combat Information Center]

“Sir. We've just detected a radiological explosion.” An Ensign states.

“Get me Central Command on the line.” The Admiral says with a sigh.

PSN Headline News:
    Nuclear Blast Detected over Rubi-Ka
    OTAF Confirms Explosion Claimed Vessel
    Last edited by Trousers; Jun 7th, 2010 at 20:22:57. Reason: Added Links.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||