Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FC need to fix runspeed in the next patch.

I would ask that this be changed back as well. It seems completely pointless to even raise runspeed anymore because no matter how high I can get it, I won't be able to do much in pvp because I'll always get kited. Case and point-> my 220 shade with roughly 3k runspeed got kited by a 216 doctor because I he kept running. I had to wait until my root grafts were back up to get close enough to kill him. I really didn't see the issue with how it was before. Yes big fat troxs could run super fast, but that's because it's part of their tool kit. I say change it back please, it's more of a nerf to melee profs than a fix for anything else
    RK 2
    Captian 220 soldier
    Ownsauce 220 Shade
    Captiansma 170 MA twink *RIP*
    Various other gimps

RK 1
    Ownsauce 220 crat
    Paink47 150 soldier twink *nearly finished*
    Critmonster 150 MA twink *WIP*

Quote Originally Posted by Ownsauce View Post
    I would ask that this be changed back as well. It seems completely pointless to even raise runspeed anymore because no matter how high I can get it, I won't be able to do much in pvp because I'll always get kited. Case and point-> my 220 shade with roughly 3k runspeed got kited by a 216 doctor because I he kept running. I had to wait until my root grafts were back up to get close enough to kill him. I really didn't see the issue with how it was before. Yes big fat troxs could run super fast, but that's because it's part of their tool kit. I say change it back please, it's more of a nerf to melee profs than a fix for anything else

it was an anti sploit patch too dont forget that, if they rollback(they wont) sploiters would see a benefit again, nobody wants that

let them figure out the new caps and stats etc and itll be fine, it just needs to happen fast or make brawl a 100% chance of stun

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    it was an anti sploit patch too dont forget that, if they rollback(they wont) sploiters would see a benefit again, nobody wants that

let them figure out the new caps and stats etc and itll be fine, it just needs to happen fast or make brawl a 100% chance of stun
    Problem with every tweak funcom come up with seem to hurt melee more then ranged every time (or petusers) with the promise of a permanent. It's hard to understand that this "sploit" that has been melees good friend for 9 years had to be fixed all so suddenly without a permanent fix ready.

Where I come from we finish the job and we do it once. A working part - but not as good as it could have been due to bad ingeneering when that machine was designed gets redesigned - manufactured - tested - and then installed. This looks like - Remove - add some ducktape - and hope the customer are pleased.
    Last edited by haavarst; Jul 5th, 2010 at 16:49:36.
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Quote Originally Posted by haavarst View Post
    Where I come from we finish the job and we do it once. A working part - but not as good as it could have been due to bad ingeneering when that machine was designed gets redesigned - manufactured - tested - and then installed. This looks like - Remove - add some ducktape - and hope the customer are pleased.
    Obviously you aren't coming from software development where things can evolve to suit the customer's needs. I know I sure as hell wouldn't want to play any MMO that puts out a product, then does nothing to it as long as the product exists. As much as it is annoying, we playing the game IS the testing phase, hence changes to the released product will occur. That's a way better situation than the one you describe. FC isn't make spatulas here.

The runspeed thing sucks? OK, but it's not a question of what FC is going to do about it. Maybe they decide to do nothing. It's a question of what you do about it if they don't. Ask yourself what you would do if they didn't ... and do that.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jul 5th, 2010 at 21:36:51.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Obviously you aren't coming from software development where things can evolve to suit the customer's needs. I know I sure as hell wouldn't want to play any MMO that puts out a product, then does nothing to it as long as the product exists. As much as it is annoying, we playing the game IS the testing phase, hence changes to the released product will occur. That's a way better situation than the one you describe. FC isn't make spatulas here.

The runspeed thing sucks? OK, but it's not a question of what FC is going to do about it. Maybe they decide to do nothing. It's a question of what you do about it if they don't. Ask yourself what you would do if they didn't ... and do that.
    Software GAME development works different then the industry, thats for sure lol. And its a supprize if they do anything about it at all. Then we can come here to the open forum and discuss back and forth and maby, just maby some dev see one with a good sugestion a lazy moring when hes too tired to start the task Means has given out.

"It's a question of what you do about it if they don't." lol like I would really care to ask myself that.... lets see... get a drink and continue reading forums? Keepers are long lost battle, runspeed is just a small slap inn the face compared to what challenges thay got to get keepers up to date. What am I going to do if they don't you say? ... well I'm out of coke again, so I get a new coke... and read some more forums.
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345