Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Last Night's Tara incident.

all i know is that if i had a buddy over..and he was tryin to ninja loot from my friends..id have pretty much KICKED HIS A&&. then apologized for his actions. Putting AO befor RL?

He looted the thing dont remember that it was, AFTER he died.
    The omni killed him he got angry and came back and looted it, look in the log.

He went back after been killed and looted....AFTER

Originally posted by Julia Pomy

Plus please list all rusles and reasons why you can get baned. Plus i think when bunning person it should be considered with everyone who attend raids. And only with real issues there should be suspension. When we actualy KNOW and HAVE EVIDENCE that someone ninjalooted. Not that his/her boyfriend is NinjaLooter or he/she might be ninjalooter becasue....
    I'm working on documenting this, but in a nutshell bans are for:

1. ninja-looters - this is a one-time offense and then it's over... it is the cardinal sin in our raids.
    2. people who work to disrupt our cooperative efforts - I can see these bans being removed if the attitude changes (this could be considered "suspension").

Your inferred point is valid, Pomy. This sort of documentation does need to be made clear to all participants to reduce the potential for misunderstanding.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Hi

Guess I should speak up on this matter, since I was the admin on this raid. Yes, I did ban blondina.

This was not only the attacking of the omni that lead to me banning her. I had requested ish to be there to kill the ninja looter (anyone saying he wasn't there to ninja loot did not see the conversation I had with him in tells. yes, he was there just waiting to ninja). I had REPEATLY asked no one to attack ish. All where well aware of the situation. Blondina ignored my requests. She attacked. This was her choice. But I felt that if she was not going to listen to directions, she didn't need to be part of the raid. She had also been ignore other requests I had made throughout the raid. The attacking ish incident just pushed me over the top.

So that incident was not the only reason I banned her. I have not done admin very long, and have never banned anyone. But her repeated disregard for following simple directions and basically ignoring requests, followed by the killing of a person I requested to be there for the purpose of making sure a winner go this loot, I felt, had gone to far. She showed no interests in following our raid, so I banned her. End result of her actions was a friend I asked to bring an alt to deal with a problem dieing, and a ninja walking away with poker. I felt this was unacceptable. Let her do her thing on her own, its what she was doing anyway.

I have not had a chance to talk to java yet on this matter. She is final say so on banning, and she may not agree with what I did. And thats fine, maybe blondina will be back next raid. But under the circumstances and the repeated problems I had with her, I felt it was warrented.

Yes others attack ish. He let me know who did attack him. These others where removed from chat, not banned. I have since talked to them and added them back to bot, with the understanding that we lost the poker due to them not being able to follow directions. And that any further actions along these lines will not be tolerated. Once again, I did what I did under the circumstances, and felt these where appropriate actions. Others may not. Luckly it was just the poker we lost, which almost no one cares about, but thats not the point. All my directions were for the purpose of making sure loot was safe, and that failed due to people chosing not to follow directions.

If you don't like the way I was running raid, fine, I wont do it anymore. I have no problem not doing admin thing if people fell I was being unfair or out of line. Only reason I do admin is because I'm at almost every raid, I felt I could help java out when she was busy, and because I enjoy most of the people there and have fun. But last night was not fun. I didn't like the fact that a few people refused to follow simple directions and that we had to lose loot over it. So thats why I did what I did, right or wrong, I felt it was what needed to happen.

Everyone deserves a second chance.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Re: Hi

Originally posted by frostx
    Guess I should speak up on this matter, since I was the admin on this raid. Yes, I did ban blondina.
    You did the right thing and you have my full support.

OMG i see so many people getting baned from tarabot almoust for nothing. All baning and kicking should be reasanoble. I would like to see full explanation of Admin why he/she baned Blondia from tarabot.

Anyway did blondia break any rules? There is no rules that you cant attack omni? Ok she didnt cooperate but again she wasnt the first one to start fire. In this case you should ban all people were invloved in killing.

Then its a game for god sake. We cant be judged on our actions in RL. Can we ban people from tarabot becasue they robbed bank in RL? But in this case its even more lame. Becasue its not even she tryed to ninjaloot but HER friend. So what if they in a same room? Does that mean she need to be responsible for all his actions? What if he says back off i do whatever i want. You want her to take an axe and murder a person because he tryes to ninja loot IN GAME i rpeate ITS A GAME!

I demand to restore Blondias status at tarabot. Or ban everyone who has something to do with ninjalooters. Lets ban from tarabot all Edds friends lets ban all Angelicnova friends lets ban all Firecats friends.

Plus please list all rusles and reasons why you can get baned. Plus i think when bunning person it should be considered with everyone who attend raids. And only with real issues there should be suspension. When we actualy KNOW and HAVE EVIDENCE that someone ninjalooted. Not that his/her boyfriend is NinjaLooter or he/she might be ninjalooter becasue....
    Pomy, as I stated in my last post, the reason I banned blondina was not just the attack on ish, but a continued problem I had with her through out the raid. She repeatedly ignore requests I made of her through out the raid, and her final actions of attacking ish lead to us losing a peice of loot and the kiling of someone I HAD SPECIFICALLY asked not to be touched. She had total disreagard for my directions and look what happened. If this had been a GPH for you pomy or one of your guildys, would you still be asking her to be in chat? People do not know everything that goes on, and assumptions are being made as to why I banned her. You were not part of the whole story and I don't think you have a right to "demand" she be added back. I did what I did due to many factors, most of which are between me and her, not you. I don't feel I need to explain every action I make. I do not just go around banning people. This was the first time I banned someone, and also removed some others from chat. But I felt that the circumstances warrented my decisions

Originally posted by Lion Strimple
    Everyone deserves a second chance.
    Ninja looters do not deserve a second chance. It is an intentional slap in the face to every single person who attends the raids in a cooperative effort.

Jesus krist, Frostx you told me to get of the bridge and i didnt see that at ones, and i sad i was sorry for that. and im the only one to get banned? what the f... i was the one that did the least.

and the ninja looter didnt loot a **** befor the omni killed him, then he ran back to tara and looted, he didnt do anything wrong befor the omni killed him.

oh well i guess i was doomed to get the blame for the hole ****, dont really know what to say, just carry on with nazi
    propaganda. now i know admins 0wns the hole zone.

Ninja looters do not deserve a second chance. It is an intentional slap in the face to every single person who attends the raids in a cooperative effort.

I did NOT ninja loot, taht was Haklaba, ban him not me!

The simple fact remains blondina, all were told not to attack ish. All but a few followed directions, and those others were dealt with. But you had continually ignored my requests all raid long, and look at the finally results. You ignoring requests on bridge is just a sign of how little you cared for following dierctions at the raid. But you repeatly chose to do your own thing. And loot was lost. That is why I banned you. You don't seem to understand that if you had simply followed directions someones loot might still be theirs, not the ninja's. Doesn't matter if it was just the poker. Your actions cost people loot. And so did the others, but you repeatedly ignored directions all raid. Next time, maybe you cost someone a Gaily hood. I'm not willing to take that chance. You wanted to do things on your own the whole raid and ignore my directions, and now you are pissed because you don't get to be in raid? Do you think its fair to cost others loot and still be allowed to win loot yourself? Being part of the raid means coopeation, something you repeatedly showed you did not want a part of. So fine, now you are not a part of it.

And as for Haklaba, of course he was banned. But all I asked was for simple directions to be followed, and you did not. Now you are complain that its unfair. You said all you did was attack an omni. Well all I ask is why did you do that when I told you not too? It cost someone loot, and now you saying why am I banned? You chose your actions, now live with them.

Good morning

Frostx.

By baning person from tarabot you take the administrate action. Thus you should back up your actions by set of rules and regulurations.
    When goverment puts person in prison they dont just rely on stereotype that Thiving is bad and should be punished. They have set of laws that they use to back up their decision. This set of laws awaylable to public and everyone who decides to break them knows the consiquences.

While in tara most bans are based on common sense. Or on rules that are wtritten somewhere and only few people know them. Which may result in taking administrate action and then attaching some rule to it that can be made on the go.
    I dont think you should ban anyone untill there will be set of rules writen and aproved by majority of people.
    What i want to see is all people that been baned before the rules are awaylable restored and no baning till there are rules.

What you did in this case you baned a person who doesnt know what she did wrong. Its like puting a 13 years old guy in prison for stealing Burger who doesnt know constitution and criminal code.

Asmoran

You can always attach those rules to Tarabot so people can read them and know them. Just like we can all read EULA before we start anarchyonline.

Novalia.
    Decision of kicking her from your org is up to you. You have your own set of rules and can do whatever you want plus i am not part of your org. While i am one of those claners who been with tara radis longer then most admins i know, that why i dont think it was reasanoble to ban her from Tarabot.

Re: Re: Hi

Originally posted by aaronb

You did the right thing and you have my full support.
    Appreciate that aaronb.

It was a very hard decisions to ban someone, but her actions showed total disrespect to those at raid. Ish's omni alt was there for a purpose, and she just ignored that fact and did what she wanted to. I have no interest in including someone who doesn't care one bit about helping out with the raid, only doing whatever they want. So I banned her. Maybe java will see it differently and change that ban. But I did not come to the desison to ban her lightly and I feel she got what she deserved.

Shut the hell up or Ill come ninja your ****.

Pomy, as I stated in my last post, the reason I banned blondina was not just the attack on ish, but a continued problem I had with her through out the raid. She repeatedly ignore requests I made of her through out the raid, and her final actions of attacking ish lead to us losing a peice of loot and the kiling of someone I HAD SPECIFICALLY asked not to be touched. She had total disreagard for my directions and look what happened. If this had been a GPH for you pomy or one of your guildys, would you still be asking her to be in chat? People do not know everything that goes on, and assumptions are being made as to why I banned her. You were not part of the whole story and I don't think you have a right to "demand" she be added back. I did what I did due to many factors, most of which are between me and her, not you. I don't feel I need to explain every action I make. I do not just go around banning people. This was the first time I banned someone, and also removed some others from chat. But I felt that the circumstances warrented my decisions
    Again.

There is a huge confusion whos orders to follow. Yes you are admin of tarabot and was leading raid. But even i dont know each admin. But i know rules and i know why they are there so i dont break them. While she may didnt know who you are and why you ask here to do that. If person desagree to follow your rules you can suspend her from raid not ban from future raids.

Blondina no i am not defending you i just trying to show flaws in system. Your actions were wrong and if i would be admin i would suspend you from that raid. You have two options: continue to harras and ***** about it, admit that you did wrong and settle it down by conversation with Frostx.

Re: Good morning

Frostx.

By baning person from tarabot you take the administrate action. Thus you should back up your actions by set of rules and regulurations.
    When goverment puts person in prison they dont just rely on stereotype that Thiving is bad and should be punished. They have set of laws that they use to back up their decision. This set of laws awaylable to public and everyone who decides to break them knows the consiquences.

While in tara most bans are based on common sense. Or on rules that are wtritten somewhere and only few people know them. Which may result in taking administrate action and then attaching some rule to it that can be made on the go.
    I dont think you should ban anyone untill there will be set of rules writen and aproved by majority of people.
    What i want to see is all people that been baned before the rules are awaylable restored and no baning till there are rules.

What you did in this case you baned a person who doesnt know what she did wrong. Its like puting a 13 years old guy in prison for stealing Burger who doesnt know constitution and criminal code.
    When someones actions are in direct conflict with everyones goal, ie winning loot, like costing someone to lost lot to a ninja by disregarding directions, I felt that wasn't being part of the raid, but accually hurting it, so i banned her. No its wasn't some cold hard rule that was writing down that she broke. But when I SPECIFICALLY ask people not to do something, and they do it anyway, how can you say they didn't know what they did was wrong. She chose to ignore directions do her own thing. Why should she be allowed to just have free reigh to do whatever she wants, and cost people loot, and still expect us to allower her the right to be part of it.

And no, I do not feel I need to justify why I did what I did to everyone person at raid, including you. You were not part of my decision, and I don't feel I need to explain my actions to you. You had no part of what went on behind the sceens, and you do not know the whole story, so who are you to judge me over this. If java or aaronb feels I was wrong, fine, I except that. But I do not feel as admin I have to justify every desision you diagree with.

Either way, this whole thing has killed tara raids for me... So thats it. I'M OUT..... I'm sick of people fighting with each other all raid, ignore the admins, and then complaining over loot. Then when someone does ignore admins and cost us loot and gets banned, I get treated like I'm some tyrant who just runs around banning people because I'm on some power trip. Its not worth it. Till things change, i'm done with tara. Later

BTW... pomy, I truely have nothing against you. If my comments came off mean or directed at you with anger, then I appoligize. You are just expressing your views, and i'm sorry if i got defensine over it.

This whole thing has made me a hate tara raids, and I did not mean to offend anyone. I was just trying to have a nice, peacfully raid, then everything went to hell.

The way i want to see The Tarabot and banning.

First of all there should be set of rules attached to tarabot and awaylable for view.

If administrator decides that person broke one of those rules he/she can suspend that person from tarabot and raffle for duration of raid.

Pernament ban should be issued only by agreement between all Admins.

Not that i dont like her socks and i ban her for life.

Post outsides view

I wasn't there, I don't know what happened. I read only what people have said here.

There is two things happening at this act.

1) Damage Inc kicked Blondina out of guild because she were at same LAN that possible ninja looter.

2) Blondina was banned from Tarabot by admins, because she (or others) were doing what admins told them to not do.

3) Where Blondina and others are playing, school or computer cafe etc, happened something. Only what I can "see" is that Blondina didnt do enough to get Haklaba out of Tarasque even she knew that possible ninjalooter was sitting near her.

Question would be: Did Haklaba know (s)he was possibly trying to ninjaloot ?
    If he knew, who helped ?
    2c
    Lyijy Engineer
    Zernia2 Ancarim Iron Legion Enforcer

BTW... pomy, I truely have nothing against you. If my comments came off mean or directed at you with anger, then I appoligize. You are just expressing your views, and i'm sorry if i got defensine over it.

This whole thing has made me a hate tara raids, and I did not mean to offend anyone. I was just trying to have a nice, peacfully raid, then everything went to hell.
    Well Frostx i didnt mean to attack you i just attacking the system. The system where everyone does what they feel right. Someone feels that having omni alt means player is omni so should be baned. Someone may feel that Angelicnova ninjalooted a year ago so she should be baned also.

You are right in suspending her but you cant pernamently ban that person from all raids.

I am no longer Administrator of tarabot and i dont realy want to take any part in raids all i want is to have a fair system.

If administrator decides that person broke one of those rules he/she can suspend that person from tarabot and raffle for duration of raid.

Pernament ban should be issued only by agreement between all Admins.

Not that i dont like her socks and i ban her for life.
    This situation is far different than Blondina's socks.

Right now, since there are no "set in stone" rules for bans and suspensions, admins are asked to use common sense when banning people, and not power trip. I feel Frostx used common sense, and threw no power trip. Read his posts in this thread if you disagree.

It's really quite simple. Don't do anything questionable, and don't cop an attitude. If you do both (or even one or the other), don't be surprised if there are repurcussions, and be prepared to defend yourself in a calm and mature fashion.

I would not want anybody at the raid who was not 100% devoted to making sure the raids proceded fairly for everyone, and I'm amazed you feel differently.

--Tsk

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast