Thread: A suggestion for Events and FC

A suggestion for Events and FC

Since there's been all this talk about better communication. Ya know what would be great?
    An auto-responder for the Events email. They're pretty easy to set up, and swear it wouldn't put any extra work load on the hamsters

I understand that Events reserves the right to not answer every email that comes to them. But seeing how email is still not 100% and things get lost or don't make it to their destinations. So sometimes if players don't hear back from Events at all we have to wonder if you even got the email in the first place. At least with an auto-responder we would know for sure the email was received.

Again auto-responders have been around for awhile and most email servers are set up for them. This really shouldn't be at all hard to set up, even with the most back asswards systems.

Here I'll even help....

"Thank you for showing your interest in Role Playing in Anarchy Online, and contacting ARK Events.
    Depending on the nature of your question someone should answer your question shortly enough.
    Please keep in mind the Events staff doesn't not answer all questions sent to them.

Thank you again for contacting ARK Events and have a good day."

There ya go.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Funcom employee

This is one of those things that would be *nice*, but would also involve getting some dedicated time from our Operations team to set up and have running; unfortunately, it's also what would be considered a 'low-priority' task, and could potentially get lost in the shuffle.

That said, though, if I have a chance I'll at least mention it to the Powers That Be™. No promises on it ever getting implemented, but it isn't a bad idea. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Have actually asked about this a couple of times before, what kintaii said is basically always the answer.

In the mean time will try and make sure things are responded to in a prompt timeframe (helps if you dont send essay questions mind!)

Well thanks for the honest answer, even if it is a little depressing. Well depressing in that auto-responders are just good CS tools and should have been implemented when ARK email was first set up.

pfft I always send in essay questions, and they usually get answered. It's only when the events team has a meeting about my email that nobody gets back to me. *crosses arms and taps his foot*
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."