Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extermination

Extermination

((just a small ongoing story that I was planning on doing in game, but not had much time for. Everyones free to pitch in additions, continuations and branches with their characters))

A flash of light fades and 2 people appear.

Xenotric: Its just over 'ere...
    Casorinth: Hmm.. where is this?
    Xenotric: No down 'ere quick!
    Casorinth: Wait... this is the Entertainment sewers!
    Xenotric: Yeah it is, and what your looking for is just around this corner
    Casorinth: We could have walked here! Why did we have to grid in!
    Xenotric: Well sorreeeey if I don' wanna parade through the streets in front of all the Pol patrols, I'm not exactly welcome here am I!
    Casorinth: You would be if you seeked employment with the corporation than running around with the clans up north, its your own choice
    Xenotric: That too, but its more that I nic.... never mind you dont need to know about that
    Casorith: Your right, I don't less I know the better, now where are these mutants you promised me
    Xenotric: Just along here, look.

The two figures tramp through the sewers for a few minutes before reaching a large waste pipe.

Xenotric: There in 'ere
    Casorinth leans into the pipe and glances around
    Casorinth: You sure?
    Xenotric: 'Course I'm sure, they nearly 'ad me when I was 'idin 'ere once after a jo... getting lost.
    Casorinth: Hmmm... sure
    Xenotric: Can I get my creds now? I don' wanna stick around 'ere longer then I need to
    Casorinth: Fine, here's your credits, though if there is nothing here you WILL have to answer for it
    Casorinth chucks a credit stick to Xenotric and glares at him
    Xenotric: There 'ere, there 'ere more than enough for you, now I'm outta 'ere

With another flash Xenotric disappears into the grid.

Casorinth: Bloody fixers... he better be right, come on Katie, into the breach as it were... my clothes are gonna reek after this

With a sigh the Casorinth climbs into the pipe.

Another night, another last patrol around the Entertainment District.

This time nothing was going to get in the way of his relaxation time with a nice bottle of vodka.

As he walks past the entrance to the sewer network a flash of light catches his eye.

"I guess I'd better check that out, probably another sewer gas explosion, can't those engineering guys get the ventilation working properly already..."

Ivan turns into the sewers and starts walking the bridges above them looking for any signs of fire or damage.

"We could have walked here! Why did we have to grid in!"
    "Well sorreeeey if I don' wanna parade through the streets in front of all the Pol patrols, I'm not exactly welcome here am I!"

Hearing talking in the distance he jumps across to another bridge and moves slowly towards the sound, noticing two figures walking through the sewers ahead.

"You would be if you seeked employment with the corporation than running around with the clans up north, its your own choice"
    "That too, but its more that I nic.... never mind you dont need to know about that"
    "Your right, I don't less I know the better, now where are these mutants you promised me"
    "Just along here, look."

The two figures tramp through the sewers for a few minutes before reaching a large waste pipe.
    Ivan follows them hopping across bridges to keep up with them.

Listening to the conversation from the distance his facial expression changes slowly into a scowl as a second flash of light signals the end.

"Great clans running around the sewer... and an employee working with them... so much for my drink... best head to the offices and fill out a report and look through the patrol rotas..."

Grumbling quietly to himself Ivan turns away from the pipe and heads out of the sewers towards the grid and ultimately his office.
    Last edited by Ivan Sergeyich; May 28th, 2010 at 21:39:56.

Casorinth exits the other side of the pipe and enters large dark cavernous room, a steady thudding noise from the sewage works echos through the room from the distance.

Slowly edging forwards Casorinth draws her katana, the soft orange glow it emits illuminates the floor around her revealing a sea of flesh and bones... mutants... hundreds of them crouching on the floor not moving.

"Guess the clanner was right... gonna need augmentations for this though..."

Casorinth starts running numerous nano-programs in preparation for the battle ahead, the bright flashes this causes catches the attention of the nearest mutants, they slowly stand and turn to face her.

Finishing her nanoprograms Casorinth faces the mutants and grins,

"Come on then you freaks, lets see what you've got!" she yells sliding the visor of her helmet down and charging into the mass of mutants.

DCI Validius Hunt shuffles through the papers at his office. He keeps glancing at his comm-unit, hoping something would finally grab his attention away from god-awful paperwork.

"Requisition Form 22-B... Warrant Acquisition Form 88-AF#... Department Checklist Form 1-DI... Bloody 'ell."

He looks up, giving a glare into the dimly lit offices hoping someone would walk in from their shift so he could shove the paperwork on them. Paperwork definitely isn't his cup of tea. Oh no, that's definitely for the uniformed officers, or "wooden-tops" as he calls it. Pulling open a compartment in his desk, he pours himself a glass of scotch and grumbles, crumpling up the empty forms and throwing them in the bin.

---

Torletti's plan had worked. He'd finally seized control from that idiotic, fat, wheezy nanomage. But one more problem remained. Where should he dispose the bodies?

Tying them to an old Yalmaha, he speeds off into the sewer district of Omni-Entertainment.

"Yes... just the.. place. Sleep with the fishes, boys."

Torletti cuts the tethers. The three bodies splash into the sewage water to be swept out into the river.
    = Captain "Arthazar" Harcrow (Captain of The Phoenix Fortune)
    = Reporter "Lucetta" Phoenix (IRRK Freelance Reporter)
    = Sir "Sterlings" Furlocke (The Old English Trading Co.)
    = Dr. Malcom "Cormack" Ardman (University of Borealis)
    = "Paulon" McPhasefront, "Georj" Hairyson, "Johnar" Lemon & "Morninn" Starr (The Leetles)
    = "Gridfeed" (Camera Drone)
    = Director "Dartello" Marello (Black-Net)
    = DCI "Validius" Hunt (Department of Investigations)
    = DS John "Streller" (Department of Investigations)

= Major "Jimako" Jones (OTAF)
    = Mack "Teffler" Falloway (Clan hunter/trader)

A trail of dismembered bodys lay in her wake, Casorinths moves swiftly forward dispatching the mutants with ease.

The numbers rapidly dwindle as she methodically moves through the room, eventually only 5 of the mutants are left gathered at the end of the room, she dashes forwards slicing the first in half before swinging the sword around removing the head of another.

One of the remaining mutants throws a large slimy tentacle out at her, catching her sword arm, a skeletal mutant advances armed with its own sharp but malformed bones.

Casorinth swings herself to the side yanking the tentacle mutant off balance and throwing it into the skeletal foe, before they can recover she pierces them both, slicing with ease through the tentacles and smashing the skeletal skull of the mutant underneath.

"Damn... its stuck!" she crys trying to yank her sword free of the two corpses, as she does the final mutant charges at her from behind leaping into the air as he approaches.

Casorinth see's the proximity warning flashing on her visor and spins around and releases a fire ball incinerating the mutant mid air.

"Got to watch out for those first degree burns, there a pain... hmm that wasn't too good, glad no one heard it.. now I'm out of nano as well darnit!"

Finally she manages to yank the sword free and looking around sees all the mutants are finished, she advances towards where the final five where gathered to investigate why.

"Hmm sword lights not enough..."

She reaches into her coat and pulls out a small spherical light, throwing it into the air it begins hovering near the roof illuminating the room brightly.

She starts a recording as she notes her findings:

"Lets see... three corpse, definitely not mutant looks human but they've been devoured too much... can't make out the breed of them, will have to take them to the labs for tests, but this seems to be what attracted the mutants here."

A sound behind her makes her spin around sword at the ready, nothing greets her.

"Must have been my imagination..."

She turns back to her studies and a shadow flitters across the scene. She turns around again, sword at the ready and moves slowly forwards

"Ok there's definitely somethings here... come and get it!"

Suddenly the light goes out, she turns to look at where the light was hovering and everything goes dark.
    Katie "Casorinth" Xeonic

Still grumbling to himself Ivan stops in the street and looks towards an Omni-Pol sign.

"Plain clothes eh... they'll do."

Marching into the building he ignores the front desk heading straight for the door marked DCI.

Entering the dimly lit office he strides straight to the desk as the man behind it throws some paper across the room into a bin.

"Ahh a drink" grabbing the glass on the desk he downs it in one "Whiskey eh... not my favourite but it will do... now don't give me that look I have a job for you."

"Theres a female employee down in the sewers, I want her brought in for questioning, she was seen working with a disreputable looking clan member, he warped out as those darned fixers tend to do. Im going to head to Coms and see if we can't track him down. Send me a report once you've questioned her."

And with that he turns to leave before the DCI can speak but pauses just at the door.

"Oh and the board meetings coming up in a few weeks, I expect you to have all that paperwork done and handed in before then!"

He leaves through the door and out into the streets.

"...Bollocks" he responds, just as Ivan shuts the door. The irritated DCI shoots a glare at his now empty whiskey glass.

"Nobody, nobody steals the Guv's whiskey!"

Standing up, he bursts open the double doors to leave his office. But, rather than go and rough up his superior, as much as he would love to, he now had something to do other than paperwork... at least for now.

He walks down one of the offices, grabbing two snoozing detectives by the scruff and lifting them up off their seats.

"Wake up you lazy gits. There's been reports of a shady bird down in the sewers, she needs to be brought in. Apparently the employee's been working with a bloody clanner."

"Err, yes Guv." respond the two detectives, snapping awake to follow their DCI promptly out of the offices and into an unmarked Charon.

Revving loudly, the Charon speeds off, heading for the sewers.
    Last edited by Agrestus; May 29th, 2010 at 17:27:21.
    = "Paulon" McPhasefront, "Georj" Hairyson, "Johnar" Lemon & "Morninn" Starr (The Leetles)

Slowly Casorinths eyes open, she stares into the darkness for a few moments before sitting up.

"Urg... what hit me? Ow... damnit"

She winces as she touches an open wound running along the side of her head to her back, reaching over she picks up her faintly glowing katana and uses it to push herself up.

Looking around she finds her helmet, bent out of shape and visor smashed,

"Gah... thats going to come out of my paycheck for sure! I hope the recordings still ok from it... urg if my nanobots are still recharging, this wound would be nothing otherwise... best get those corpses out and get a clean up team down here."

Moving over to where the 3 corpses lay a surprise lay in wait,

"I thought there were 3?"

Casorinth looks around and notices a blood trail leading into a pipe and further into the sewer network.

"Damnit, must have been taken by the thing that nailed me... well I'll get these two out and get reinforcements"

She reaches over and slowly starts dragging the remains of the corpse out of the room.
    Katie "Casorinth" Xeonic

"Right... Strellsy, Bucket you take the left tunnel. I'll take the right. Keep contact via comms. Hop it!"
    DS Streller and DC Burkitt turn to head down the pipe cautiously, leaving DCI Hunt in front of the right pipe. Switching on his rather old-fashioned torch, he proceeds into the damp, dark tunnel.

"Hey... John..."
    "What?" Replies Streller, turning to look at Burkitt.
    "Need a hand?"
    "For 'Ka's sake, drop it DC!"
    Burkitt waves with the severed mutant's hand before dropping it back down into the sewage water.

Meanwhile...

DCI Hunt nears a clearing in the tunnel, stepping over what appeared to be mutant corpses under the illumination of the torch in his grasp. Hearing a scraping noise, as if someone was dragging something heavy, he speeds up down the tunnel, hoping to catch whoever it is.

Struggling to pull one of the corpses around a corner Casorinths grip slips and she stumble out into the tunnel around the corner, colliding with something that was coming up behind her.

Quickly picking herself off the ground she turns and faces the entity, now creating a loud and awful sound, drawing her sword and taking a battle stance as she does.

After a few seconds she blinks and looks around and then down, finally noticing what looks like a slightly portly gentleman laying on the floor yelling loudly.

Casorinth: What the, what are you doing down here and why did you run into me?
    Katie "Casorinth" Xeonic

"Flamin' Zora! Stay where you are!"
    DCI Hunt stands back on his feet, using his wristpad to inform the other two his whereabouts. Glaring at Casorinth, he replies to her query with his usual aggressive tone.
    "You, sewer knickers, are to be taken in for questioning."

In the Shadows of Omni Trade, a figure skids from a building to another. When the route seems clear, the figure, what seems to be young woman wearing a full set of Ofab armour, steps behind a guard, dragging him to the shadows and twists his neck long enough to break it.

A long silence follows. Only the heavy breathing of the woman and chattering of few random bypassers can be heard after a while.

As the route's clear again, the woman sprints to the wompah...

"OMNI ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT"

As soon as the woman materializes from the wompah, she reloads her pistols and shoots towards the Omni guard standing infront of her. The guard turns to face the woman, but too late.

"The weakest spot ... Neck" She whispers and fires few shots at the weak spot, causing the man to gasp and gag before falling on the ground, lifeless. The woman hears more to come and slides silently to the shadows of Omni Ent, leaving the guards just to stare at their dead friend.

Some time passes and the woman can clearly hear guards shouting at each other
    "We need to find the murderer right away! Your group go to North..."
    Not long after that, she can hear guards trying to taunt her out from her hiding spot.

"They are ridiculous.. Like I'll fall for that" She chuckles and turns around, only to notice that she's facing a huge Unicorn guard.

"Oh, Fancy seeing ya here!" She mocks the guard before she's lifted in the air from her shoulder by that massive thing.
    "Hey, i got ya a little present, i hope ya like it!" The woman gets something from her waist pocket and hits it right in middle of the unicorn guards helmet. She grins widely behind her Helmet and and struggles against the grip of the guard.
    "That's a EMP Grenade, yanno?"
    The unicorn lets the woman go after hearing what was that thing on it's helmet. The woman bursts into laughter and presses a button on a remote like thing on her hand.

"Cya, idiot!" She shouts and runs off again, fading into the shadows of Omni Entertainment, heading towards the sewering system without knowing, what might be waiting for her there...
    *Giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Now that my /RP partner is back, I'm sure stuff will pick up a bit. <3
    ~[[ Trying to be active on forums. ]]~

Detective Asule Winters.

Asule sat listening to the security communications traffic coming from the different districts of Omni-1.
    Nothing much seemed to be happening, just the usual.
    Civil disturbances outside Baboons and other establishments in Ent were common enough occurances.
    Asule pulled out his datapad and began to run through the list of details of known illegal stim dealers and producers he was currently working on. A few minutes passed.
    Suddenly a voice blurted out something which made the channel go haywire.
    Putting a hand to his ear he listens carefully trying to figure out what had made the security forces in Ent begin to lock down the district.
    "I repeat, Officer down! Officer down! Jim's been sent to reclaim! He was shot in the neck!"

Getting up Asule checked he was armed, stun baton and rifle.
    Quickly hopping into his Spectre he speeds towards the whompah to the entertainment district from his perch in trade.
    He continued to listen to the comm's traffic for further sightings. Orders were being given out, and a sizeable group was being sent north.

Asule gunned the engines through the whompah coming out at full speed into the Entertainment district. Veering upwards he headed for the roof tops where he would be able to observe safely and join the enfolding manhunt.
    Looking down into the streets he was just in time to see one of the unicorns begin flailing at his chest as a shadow leaped away.
    Following from above, he made out the direction the fugutive was taking and raced to intercept.

Over the comms he heard a unicorn officer scream, "I want that Clan B*tch dead!"
    "Sounds like I'll be needing the rifle then." Asule murmered to himself.

Moments later he was parking his jetbike.
    Parkied he swung off, unbuckling the perennium sniper rifle strapped above the saddlebag.
    A few in just a minute since he had parked he was setup with the good view down the length of the street he suspected the rogue clanner would take.
    The rifle cushioned on the saddlebag he had laid out near the edge of the roof.
    Checking the wind he sighted and ranged in on a few of the signs and the odd employee below.

Just as he thought, he saw the shape of the woman dart out of a joining street below him, and begin to sprint directly down the street away from him.
    Calming his breathing he began to follow her moving form.
    Finally letting his aim come to rest on a weak point in her armour. Letting out half his breathe he waited till he was sure of his shot.
    Still the clanswoman continued to sprint down the street, away, unknowing of how soon she would be entering the reclaim system.
    Asule barely moved as he squeezed the trigger gently.

Nothing happened. The Clanswoman kept on running.

He squeezed the trigger again and the gun let out a pathetic coughing sound.

Still the clanswoman kept running, by now reaching the far end of the street.
    Standing up Asule cleared his rifle quickly before taking aim once more.
    Squeezing the trigger once more certain that this time the clanswoman would wake up in reclaim.

Nothing happened. She darted out of view.

Asule exploded. "You useless piece of crap engineering. Who the hell designs a rifle to look like a womans toy and be as useful as one in a fight!" throwing it down onto the rooftop.

"Suspect sighted heading north!" he called into his comm before snatching up his rifle and saddle bag and stalking over to his waiting Spectre jetbike.
    "I need a new rifle, not this piece of junk."
    Last edited by Lasliana; Jun 12th, 2010 at 15:13:03.

Casorinth blinks at the man yelling at her.

Casorinth: You Omni-Pol then? Good then you can help me with this corpse!

She motions towards the corpse caught on the corner of the tunnel

Casorinth: There's another one at the end as well and a third got dragged off by a strong mutant... hmm the bodies probably lost now but perhaps can take samples from the mutants stomach... either way I'm gonna need your help to take it out!

She stops talking for a moment as she notices the officer going red in the face with anger.

Casorinth: Before you yell again, I'll answer any questions you have later, right now getting these out of here and to the labs for sampling is more important don't you agree?

She turns around and starts yanking at the stuck corpse again.
    Katie "Casorinth" Xeonic

Validius looks down at the body.
    "You do realise you've tampered with the bloody evidence?"
    He raises his wrist to speak into the comm unit.
    "We got three stiffies in the sewer district, I want Icy and Winters over 'ere."
    Looking over at Casorinth, he continues his conversation.
    "You don't just drag bodies out of a crime scene, luv. As far as we're concerned now you're the prime suspect. 'Ands behind your back, and don't make this 'arder than it bloody needs to be."
    Validius approaches Casorinth with one hand resting on his stun baton as DS Streller and DC Burkitt finally arrive to his position, catching their breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrestus View Post
    "We got three stiffies in the sewer district, I want Icy and Winters over 'ere."
    Nichola jumps and backs from the computer she is working on.
    "Better run then! Scrap, wait for me here and analyze the connection issues, the possible bugs, viruses, and so on. Dont you dare to disappoint me!"
    The droid buzzez and nods.
    After a while of running, she enters the wompah to Omni Ent. But as she exits it, the Guards are staring at her when she stumbles on something soft. Nichola looks on the ground.

"A corpse...? WHAT is a CORPSE doing infront of THE BLOODY EXIT!?" She yells with all she got.

"Ma'am, Jim has not reclaimed yet, it's been a while already.." One of the guards reply with scared tone.
    Nichola checks her wrist datapad and sighs. "I better run"

"You lot, close the wompah, isolate the area, and leave the rest to us. If you find something before we get to come here, take it safe, and keep it safe. you do know how to act in a situation like this, right? So... MOVE!" She snaps at the guards as she runs towards the sewers.

As she arrives at the location, she finds DS Streller and DC Burkitt with DCI Hunt and Casorinth, and grins as she walks to them.

"Sir..."
    *Giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Now that my /RP partner is back, I'm sure stuff will pick up a bit. <3
    ~[[ Trying to be active on forums. ]]~

Detective Asule Winters

Asule checks over the straps on his jetbike before putting his food down, flying over the wall into the northern sewers.
    It takes him a minute to locate where the DCI was.
    It wasn't long before he was walking carefully through the sewers having left his bike where it was dry, stun baton in hand at the ready to zap anything which shouldnt be here.
    As it grew darker, he slips on a simple pair of night vision goggles and the world turned green.
    Up ahead he caught site of the other DoI members gathered. Slowly he crept towards them in the shadows.
    Last edited by Lasliana; Jun 11th, 2010 at 18:30:24.

Casorinth: Who said its a damn crime scene? Some corpses found in a mutant infested sewer canal is hardly a crime scene, it might be but unless we get these damn things back to the lab and check before they decay due to the organic accelerants from the sewer system you wont ever know!

Angrily she throws her sword to the ground and stamps towards the angry Omni-Pol

Casorinth: Now you can either help me get these back to my lab, including the one that was dragged off and once their secured I can answer your questions OR you can waste more time throwing your weight around acting the big man and explain to my bosses why my work was interrupted and lost and to your bosses why three potential murders have disappeared!

She stands their out of breath angrily glaring at the Pol officer.
    Katie "Casorinth" Xeonic

DCI Hunt leans towards Casorinth.
    "Nobody.. NOBODY... tells me what to do. Let me tell you something missy. I'm Detective Chief Inspector Validius Hunt and this is my investigation, not yours, so you'd better comply or you'll find this baton three miles up your jacksy!!"

Validius, now in a conveniently close position, shoots his hand over to grab her, aiming to slap on a pair of handcuffs as the other officers surrounding him begin to tend to the crime scene.

Casorinth lets out a yell of surprise as the officers shoots out an arm grabbing her and spinning her around to handcuff her

Casorinth: Hey what the... oh going to play it like that are you! Well hope you like painful medical procedures because your next medical is going to be full of them I promise you that!
    Katie "Casorinth" Xeonic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast