Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RK1] IRRK Freelance: The shooting of Phillip Ross.

Any investigation can be called a witchhunt by those who fear it. It really depends who handles the investigation... but since Omni-Tek answers to no one and certainly has closed ranks, any objective assessment is impossible.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Department Representitive for Omni-InternOps MAX's Avatar
    Omni-Tek does not curtail the open discussions or even speculation of it's employees. The Corporation defiantly does not control those speculations, ruminations or even flights of imagination that occur so readily among those who are not part of the Omni-Tek family.

I for one encourage such discussion.

I believe however a reminder is needed that conclusions drawn based off of speculation should be weighed with understanding of the fact, it is but speculation.

Five years is a long time to wait for an answer of any kind, I appreciate Ms Devlin taking the risk in asking the question. Consider too there are many that are simply concerned for Mr. Ross' well-being and wish him a speedy recovery. Beyond that the internal investigation will continue with all the speed that such a large corporation is capable of maintaining.

As for me, I agree that speculation is a healthy direction to take. It has raised one question that is very concerning to me - What is to be done about the continued operation of the Biomare facility? What about those that have been impacted by the research done there?

Despite my own curiosity on who fired upon Mr. Ross - no one can alter the past, and no matter if a witch-hunt or justice finally brings that person to light it won't change it.

Biomare? That's something that should be a concern to everyone.

~Kate Phare
    President - Shattered Dreams- Rimor

Omni-tek would fall apart if employees started to question the leadership at every turn.
    Zora is in charge now. Thats what matters.
    As a employee, I follow the leader.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Irony has a sense of humour, doesn't it?
    Very much so! *passes Bubbacrush some popcorn*

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    As a employee, I follow the leader.
    If Zora's boss would, say, order that you do something against Zora, which leader would you follow?... Just hypothetical, of course...

She'd start smoking about the head and ears.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Keep in mind during Zora's first speech, it was revealed rather suddenly that some of his top men were agents of the Dust Brigade, when they turned on him.

I wouldn't be too surprised if the Unicorn division is still harboring some of that lot in their midst--and seeing how they love to provoke both Omni-tek and the clans, it would make sense for hidden Dusters to outwardly feign membership in the hardliner faction.

Quote Originally Posted by MAX View Post
    I believe however a reminder is needed that conclusions drawn based off of speculation should be weighed with understanding of the fact, it is but speculation.
    Even if we don't resort to speculation, one thing is clear: We may have suspected for ages that the Dusters had offworld support, without any direct proof--but now we know for certain that some of them have come to Rubi-ka by infiltrating the Unicorns on Omni-prime.
    Last edited by Keldros; May 30th, 2010 at 08:04:28.

Hah. Interesting.....
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenah View Post
    If Zora's boss would, say, order that you do something against Zora, which leader would you follow?... Just hypothetical, of course...
    I follow my boss as I am sure Zora also do, so that would never happen. There is a chain of command. The one on the top decides whats right and it is our job to follow the orders
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

There is a chain of command. The one on the top decides whats right and it is our job to follow the orders
    I've never heard a better creed for joining the Clans or Neuts.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Ah, yes. the no plan and no leadership aproatch is so much better...
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

We don't let one single individual decide unilaterally for the rest; that doesn't mean there's "no plan no leadership". It just makes harder for Omni-Tek to really know who to hit. We don't have this problem.

I would like to see an up to date report on the health of Phillip Ross, family matter or not it would for once end rumors if Mr Ross (assumuing he is in a fit state to do so) would make a short statement in support of Zora, or failing that just an update on his condition or even a record of his death...Rumors spread fastest in a vacuum after all...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Spoken out of true ignorance. Do you study your enemy at all?
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Good rhetorical question there, i like it.

Ssssshhht! Don't give them ideas, now...

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkhan Zora View Post
    Philip Ross was, no one can deny, a great leader and a good man. I may not agree with his philosophy or some of his actions but he managed to keep things going on this planet for years.

The corporation lost a good employee when he was shot and many miss him, however I was brought in not because of some conspiracy against the man, but because I am a good commander and have worked with the Unicorns extensively.
    Huh, big words. Let's see...Unicorns arrived just couple of weeks prior to shooting and didn't liked to be lead by Ross (as in oposing his orders). And a few months after shooting, they start crying for help, because they are unable to keep those pesky bugs in place. Now I wonder, if this is due because they failed or because their leader failed? Their only success was taking over neutral city.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

*pulls out the dusty datapad and blows off the dust*

Hmm, here we are. It was the dawn of stupid orbital spanky ray stations around the planet. Ross was known to loathe the idea as giving such firepower to a tender area which he had spent years trying to forge together in peace.

The most interesting thing about the entire situation was the date stamps for the authorisation of the stations. Ross "authorised" the order the day AFTER he was *cough* assasinated by ohh someone strange!

Obviously the order was invalid. Obviously there was conflict concerning the order since it went against everything he was trying to occomplish. And quiet obviously, he got taken care of by someone who wanted these stations, and ohh someone military sided. Ohh whoever could that be we wonder?!

Ross was a great leader for Omni-Tek, and also for those in the Clans and neutrals. He extended the branch to the neutrals and pardoned everything in the past they had done against the corporation (something which Zora and co later brushed over the forgot). He opened the negotiations with the Clans. Zora closed them, and actively attacked neutral lands. Sadly, there may not be enough evidence to deal with Zora, not like anyone could actively take him on sadly.

But the question is still there. The order to allow the stations was a fake. Illegal. And that has to give clues burried somewhere to the assasin.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12