Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brainstorming Sessions - The Index

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    in the USA they're not a sub-division of the Navy. They're an independent Organization which has a symbiotic relationship with the Navy. Navy Gets the Marines to the destination and gives them supporting fire. The Marines Land and secure the location to stop the incoming attack on the Navy vessels. This relationship causes a lot of animosity between Marines and Sailors IRL.
    I know, that's why I made them a part of the Space Corps.
    Spacers at heart, but they prefer to do the grunt work.

OK, now looking at Omni-Tek AF in normal operation mode (or what it could look like):

What we have here is a consolidated organisation with distributed assets, reducing the need to maintain what could essentially be idle hardware. Everything essentially has a cost centre attributed to it, so if it can be put to productive use in a variety of theatres, then it's worthwhile doing.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

And now looking at what Omni-AF could be like at a major response time (potentially):

Pretty self explanatory. A response "project" requires a project team. Command is divested to the appropriate areas required to respond to the incident, and assets are combined from Prime and other regional assets to complete the Military Task Force.

At the end of the "project", command structures revert to previous state.

Just some ideas.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Hmm, so this looks like it will become a book "Anarchy Online Universe - Technical Journal" and you know what? I'd read it.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

its brain food, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post

Looking at it from a logical POV....
    For the most part I'm not going to disagree with what you said, but you realize you're saying "logic" in reference to the AO Storyline.
    Let me just through this quote out there "A tiger?! In Africa?!" cause it's pretty just like saying "Logic in AO"
    Just saying.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Session covering the topic of Rubi-Ka has been added.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

lots of good information here, including things I had no idea about.

The brainstorm is flowing!
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Kept me busy and entertained today.
    Point Blank

Remember, these threads are intended to provoke discussion as well as thought. Feel free to leave replies, challenge points or even Start your own sessions on topics of interest.

I have lost quite a bit of the information i collected for 'modern' fictional culture related to Atroxes, when my last computer crashed and burned. I lost quite a bit of other AO related things as well.

However, I'd like to re-write something rough and open for discussion for any details relating to the breeds, how they see each other, and common colloquialisms related to each. I'll start some threads.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Sounds good, Bubba.

If it's general discussion, feel free to toss it into the Breeds discussion, or, as you said, create a thread to discuss a specific topic.

I look forward to seeing what you have

Yeah the brain is boiling over with stuff. This is going to be fun.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

While Bubba is looking into the finer points of Atrox Opifex sexual behavior, what do you guys think about taking my post here and spawning it off into a Brainstorming Session to better explore those creatures?

I had actually thought of something like this, but knew no one would ever give me the go to create actual zones unless i worked for FC development staff. However, just for brain storming sessions, i'd have no problem adding my 2 creds worth.

It looks like a good start.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    I had actually thought of something like this, but knew no one would ever give me the go to create actual zones unless i worked for FC development staff. However, just for brain storming sessions, i'd have no problem adding my 2 creds worth.

It looks like a good start.
    The Zone information will likely need to stay omitted from the Session because it's purely suggestive and not rooted in anything. I'll work to convert the Game Suggestion into a Brainstorming Session this weekend, so keep an eye on the Knowledge Database forums.

Considering Atroxes are Neuter.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/neuter

Biology . having no organs of reproduction; without sex; asexual.
    I always thought Atroxes were cloned. Looking at the storyline it seems the breed was created for mining and not meant to reproduce (probably also easier to control their population from an OT administrative point of view).

Any Atrox that is either clan or neutral I would think are former OT employees.

However, are the Atrox clones born as full adults or are they created as children and then indoctrinated by Omni-Tek until they are old enough to be "employees"?

This is another gap in the storyline. There is little info not only this breed but all breeds, except maybe Solitus (they are mentioned in detail in "Prophet without Honour" if I remember correctly).
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

I have been writing them up unofficially, and have rough drafts already in motion. Ill post the first portion soon. It covers your questions, tho its still unoffical.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

The native Rubi-Ka breeds would be interesting to research. I've got some input for that one when you make the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Considering Atroxes are Neuter.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/neuter

I always thought Atroxes were cloned. Looking at the storyline it seems the breed was created for mining and not meant to reproduce (probably also easier to control their population from an OT administrative point of view).

Any Atrox that is either clan or neutral I would think are former OT employees.

However, are the Atrox clones born as full adults or are they created as children and then indoctrinated by Omni-Tek until they are old enough to be "employees"?

This is another gap in the storyline. There is little info not only this breed but all breeds, except maybe Solitus (they are mentioned in detail in "Prophet without Honour" if I remember correctly).
    Citation [5] from Brainstorming Session - Breeds provides what I believe is the only insight into the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    Aideen Landau was originally cultivated as a labor atrox, but his batch was marked as redundant, and they were released from contract only a year after activation, upon which he moved to Bliss, west of Athen.
    From talking this over with a few Rimorians when rolling up an Atrox to RP we came to the conclusion that the way the cited lore was written could be interpreted that the Atrox come out of the vat fully grown. I then ran it by ARK, and this was their response:

Quote Originally Posted by ARK Events Director Devdas
    > As I told Pheats, I'm operating under the impression that an Atrox is born
    > fully grown.

Ah, Atrox. Right... as we don't have any official canon I could recall right now,
    your guess is as good as mine.
    So, we decided to go forward with the idea that an Atrox can be born fully grown due to the way they're genetically engineered. The question that remains is:

Is their Aging accelerated, or does it take 18 years for the Atrox to mature in the vat?
    If their Aging is accelerated is it a result of their genetic makeup, or an application on general science?

The second question has larger overarching implications on the storyline, but I haven't been able to track anything down on the topic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast