Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This might get confusing... (Official Fourth Wall Discussion Station)

This might get confusing... (Official Fourth Wall Discussion Station)

I'm not sure how I feel about the smashing together of both Buzz forums' content since there is a lot of similar, but very different information which is Dim specific.

If it's kept like this I can see it causing a lot of confusion.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Funcom employee

Most of the stuff which is truly dim-specific has been left in the various Buzz forums (excepting bot threads). Stuff that's otherwise been moved here which *is* dimension-specific will be marked as such in the thread title - Would be nice if others followed that lead down the line, but not really *needed*.

Hopefully over the next week we can also get the stickies cleaned up, put together a nice intro post, and all that jazz. In the mean time, excuse our mess. =)

Also: If anyone has any commentary regarding the new section, consider this the official discussion thread. Threads which should be moved over, added to the Bookmarks list, ect. ect. can also be brought up in this thread - I'll get to 'em when I can. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

What most concerns me is the LTC thread. Some LTCs have different Names on RK1 and RK2. Devdas and I had a discussion regarding merging the threads into one and it was determined that the lists needed to be kept separate for this reason.

Was that considered before the RK2 thread was removed?

Funcom employee

Nope. But the thread hasn't been removed, just unstuck - I can snag the information from there and add it in the appropriate place. Didn't actually think about that one... ah well, easy fix. =)

Edit: Actually, looking at it, there is no difference between the two lists. Like, at all. Rimor Thread and Formerly the Atlantean Thread. Which is strange considering as I know for a fact that some LTCs *are* spelled differently between the two dimensions. Either way, probably time to make up a new LTC list - Would make things easier on all parties involved. I'll get the Events guys to take a look into it.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

I think some of the problem is, despite my frequent requests, the lists are poorly maintained. Unless it changed Xeavier Humbold was always an example.

On RK1 I believe he is Xeavier "Humbold"
    On RK2 he is "Xeavier" Humbold
    In the LTC list he is "Xeavier Humbold" which doesn't help anyone.

This is the reason why I would regularly conduct an audit of Rimor's list so that we had some idea of what was going on.

Funcom employee

I've got 'em tasked now to compile two new lists, one for each dim. Soon as they're ready I'll add them into this forum. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

In the Atlantean LTC list, it has "Felkios" Stern as [Rimor] yet he has been out and about on Atlantean so a new list for both Rimor and Atlantean would be a very good idea.
    Apart from that i like the concept of this "fourth wall".
    Also the LTC forum accounts for making in character replies to news articles is a good move in my opinion.
    P.S. Free Borealis.

Cool. And don't forget that that the dates for the RK1 CoT, NLCC and OAM differ from the RK2 CoT, NLCC and OAM. In my glance over the moved threads I only noticed 1 thread for each.

Please make sure there are specific threads for the different Dims. Rimor has a Meeting Forcaster which helps keep us on task, but I'd hate to see RK1 folks making plans to attend their meetings on the RK2 days and missing out on it.

Funcom employee

There's a whole big list of LTC characters who now have access to the forums - Expect to see them popping up in Editor News and the Buzz forums. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Stop making Kintaii give me work! Its cruel and unusual!

Which reminds me, I have some work for you, too.....
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Rimor CoT is the Sunday Following the Last Saturday of the month. This is important because some CoT meetings will be on Sunday the 1st of the month following the month that meeting is taking place for.

EDIT: July for Example: July CoT meeting is on 01 Aug, not 25 July.

Funcom employee

Fix'd
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

You could do with adding the info about the article submission system for IRRK, FJRK and OTPC, somewhere semi visible.

Funcom employee

I'm not a huge fan of having a lot of stickies in any given forum, so I'm going to try and keep down on the number in here if at all possible. Hopefully in the next week or so we can condense a lot of the various Events information into one megathread which will cover everything that's currently split amongst all the older stickies from the Buzz forums.

Meantime, though, the RSS info thread is still stuck in the root Editor News forum, and I've added a link to it in the Bookmarks thread here in 4th Wall. Hopefully that'll be visible enough. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Should be. Looks like you guys are doing some good work.

Funcom employee

I've just finally gotten a chance to breathe now that the 18.3.3 patch is done. Now the fruits of the labour I've been working on behind the scenes for the last year or so are finally starting to come to bear - Should be exciting times ahead. =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

I for one, am going to enjoy this. I get to match/contest wits with people I've never met in game! Not to troll them, but to actually get to interact.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Thank you for taking the time to make this forum, for condensing information over here and for all the work you quite possibly just publically signed up for.

*here have some cake and coffee before you check your inbox for incoming tasks*

- Kate

Hmm ya know I'm not sure how I feel about a lot of this. I know it's the first day and I understand with in the next few days or so things will look better (well lets hope it's the next few days and not the next few years), but I'm just really not sure about all this... kind feeling blah about it.
    I think having an ooc forum has been needed for a long time. I mean just about all of us has committed a forum infraction by posting an ooc thread on the buzz channels, well if you read the rules. Granted ARK has been pretty lenient. Well except for the time when a RPer (no names here) on an infraction for making a OOC comment on a IC thread. Not a big deal but there was already like 10 ooc comments, and nobody else got an infraction.... I'm sure this will be edited.

But really, i just can't really find it in me to care one way or another.
    So cheers for finally making a OOC section.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast