Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 21st, 2010 - Instability in Greece caused by Macrosun!

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Their low Intelligence breed cap suggests they are dumb.
    They are not dumb, they are mentally challenged.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post
    Not human, and there isn't really any info suggesting atroxes are dumb. However, they are engineered with specific tasks in mind. Their features should reflect that, anatomy suited for work in dusty, hot enviroment, toped with robust built to withstand inherit dangers of mining.
    And not bright enough to realize this job sucks and only the desperate or not-to-bright would go anywhere near a Notum mine.
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Their low Intelligence breed cap suggests they are dumb.
    That doesn't mean that atroxes has to look like freaks that were melted in the microwave (looks and intelligence doesn't go hand in hand unless there's a major syndrome in the works)

I want atroxes to look the way they do in peoples avatars here on the forums. It's a mixture between strong, honorable in their own right, angry and sometimes a bit worn out and sometimes a bit crooked.

The atrox shown here looks like one of those bottom feeder fishes with eyes on the side of the head and a wide mouth and a mangled nose. Then you put that fish in an oven for 4 hours at maximum affect and watch it melt for added freakyness

I just can't get behind characters looking like that in game. Same goes for the opifex head. Both the atrox and the opifex head and to some degree even the nanomage head here has been turned from "stylish" in an anarchy online kind of way, into just caricatures from a comic book.

I personally find this extremely off putting.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; May 21st, 2010 at 17:22:50.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I want atroxes to look the way they do in peoples avatars here on the forums. It's a mixture between strong, honorable in their own right, angry and sometimes a bit worn out and sometimes a bit crooked.
    [...]
    I just can't get behind characters looking like that in game. Same goes for the opifex head. Both the atrox and the opifex head and to some degree even the nanomage head here has been turned from "stylish" in an anarchy online kind of way, into just caricatures from a comic book.

I agree. I like the nanomage head though.

Boy I wouldn't like to have that trox behind me in a dark alley!

That doesn't mean that atroxes has to look like freaks that were melted in the microwave (looks and intelligence doesn't go hand in hand unless there's a major syndrome in the works)

The atrox shown here looks like one of those bottom feeder fishes with eyes on the side of the head and a wide mouth and a mangled nose. Then you put that fish in an oven for 4 hours at maximum affect and watch it melt for added freakyness

I just can't get behind characters looking like that in game. Same goes for the opifex head. Both the atrox and the opifex head and to some degree even the nanomage head here has been rned from "stylish" in an anarchy online kind of way, into just caricatures from a comic book.

Atrox already look like freaks in the current engine, I don't know where you've been hiding?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Atrox already look like freaks in the current engine, I don't know where you've been hiding?
    It is true that some atroxes look a bit freakish already but there are major differences here. The current versions look like worn out and a bit lobsided humans. Their freakyness is not such an overpowering factor partly because of the simple head-frame with simple texture stretched on top and partly because of the facial expression they are left with. When you go full high detailed 3d with the models, you have to take this fact into consideration so that you don't end up with something that looks drastically different.

Just to point that fact out more easily, look at this picture of what I assume to be the original head: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/ima...tars/40116.jpg

Now look at the new high quality head and tell me what the differences are. Look at the eyes and the mouth and general face expression and what each faces looks like. The original, though a bit "freaky", still looks more like an older worn out guy that perhaps isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Now look at the new head. The new head looks like his eyes slid down the side of his face and his lip turned into the size of my arm and he has a PSYCHO expression on his face and any sense of honorable-in-his-own-way-oldguy-look he had has been replaced completely by the look of a guy that looks like he might suck the juice out of your tractor when you're not looking.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Great news and info on progress.. thx for the free month Funcom!

The light render from the engine looks real nice.

Its one atrox head, im sure the others look fine (strong, honorable etc...).
    I like the retard look on this one, and its in char with the old head imo

Cant wait to see the rest
    Have a nice weekend

Atrox head is kinda scarey looking and Opifex's Lips need adjusted.
    Nanomage looks great.
    Kamikaze "Kaitoujeanne" - 220/30/70 - Doctor
    .¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.•`
    Ice "Shivaz" Crystal - Meta-Physicist
    .¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.¸.•´☆ ¤º☆`.¸.•

I don't get why people keep saying the nanomage looks the best, I think it's the worst of the bunch...AND it's missing features the original head had...

I think it's supposed to be this one...http://forums.anarchy-online.com/ima...tars/40181.jpg
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

I want whatever that trox head has been smoking!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

i love that new atrox head. That opi and nm head look good too

Just to point that fact out more easily, look at this picture of what I assume to be the original head: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/ima...tars/40116.jpg

Omg, what happend to him?! Imho the old one is much more "AO".
    Well said btw.

I think they all look good. The real test will be when we see them in-game :-)
    Rootcommand Level 219/28 Omni Solitus Fixer
    Diosdemuerte Level 213/18 Omni Solitus Soldier
    Dicenslice Level 220/21 Omni Atrox Keeper

~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~

AAAhahahaha!

Those heads are the dumbest things I have ever seen
    I mean, the nanomage head looks ok I guess but those other two looks like horrible caricatures.

The eyes, lips and nose of the opifex female are too big and I can't look at the atrox without laughing. What the hell happened? >.<
    Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. A bit more direct than what I was going to write but still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Harios View Post
    wtb more info regarding the open pvp area.. what will it be like? what is there to gain?
    Based on what we were told in the past it will have a VP "participation reward." The end reward of BSs is a participation reward so if the new zone is always open and you weren't kicked out maybe it will have one of those zone nanos that when it refreshes hits you with some VP.

Although shouldn't a PvP zone be about the PvP and not some reward? People often complain about four point capping and the like at BSs and the cause of that is bringing in people that came for the reward, not the activity. I've seen people after a four point cap say things like "what's wrong with you people, don't you want to PvP?" Well no, in fact we don't. A PvP zone will work more effectively if those there came to PvP, not just to gather up some reward.

I wonder what people are gonna say if they upgrade the look of some of the original weapons?

WTH? why doesn't my gun look like a dog turd molded into the shape of a gun anymore!!11! this sucks! make the new ones look more AOish! ploxkkthxbye

well, maybe thats over-doing it a little, but i think new heads are great. they have that humerous ao feel to them. plus, they will be smaller in-game (unless you play on a 50'' screen), and may actually look more "normal" in a smaller scale.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Guys, I found a secret screenshot of the Atrox head and model rendered in the new engine!

I'm impressed with those heads, nice work.

The atrox's grin is bad because the underbite (common on all heads) is done here with a big lip and not an actual underbite. Otherwise, good job on the wrinkles, the hair look plastic however.

The opi lips is a bit weird too. It's the same comment here, it doesn't serve the head's shape well. The rest of the face is nice still.

As a whole it's a good job just a few fixes and they'll be perfect.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast