Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Balancing pvp how about pvm?

And you should leave UBT out of that list since it never lands on anything where it actually would be useful.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    And you should leave UBT out of that list since it never lands on anything where it actually would be useful.
    So if we take out UBT (seriously, UBT is that hard to land?), and throw in 600 from crat nuke, 1031 from Malaise of Zeal (is FunCom high!? They get ANOTHER 1031?) and 300 from Engi-dog proc, we're up to 9868 init debuffs. Remember, that's not counting UBT, which would bring the total to 11 320.

Yea.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Most endgame bosses have 100% (or atleast close enough) immunity to ubt, ask the agents sitting on lft. It's probably something that FC has added in the past because too much init debuffing trivialized the encounters. And that was before the current devs added even more init debuffing than ever before.

When doctor and crat init debuffs are combined now, even with ubt not working, it is already too much for most encounters. Even for encounters with large init debuff thresholds like "12man".
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 bureaucrat*: Starting 12man, need Enfo, Doc, Keeper, reflects."
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 doctor*: Looking for crat/keep/enf for 12m pst "
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 soldier*: still need doc/enf for 12 man. pst
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] LF enfo , crat , doc and soldier's for ipande / pst [220 doctor]"

I've been wondering: Is there a diminishing returns effect for negative -init as well?
    Just as initiatives above 1200 are only a third as effective, it would make sense to make initiatives below -X less severe.

In the case that there isn't a diminishing returns effect, you get the following graph with mitigated and remaining damage: http://www.mediafire.com/?dmhjyk33ntw (dualwielded 1/1 weapons, full def and the initiative skill is on the X-axis)

This really shows how powerful init debuffing is and because of what currently is available as init debuffing, I also hope that there is at least some kind of diminishing returns system in place.
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 bureaucrat*: Starting 12man, need Enfo, Doc, Keeper, reflects."
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 doctor*: Looking for crat/keep/enf for 12m pst "
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 soldier*: still need doc/enf for 12 man. pst
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] LF enfo , crat , doc and soldier's for ipande / pst [220 doctor]"

as far as im aware UBT and crat init debuffs doesnt stack
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Right.
    Wrong.

Only UBT and mal don't stack. UBT and the red line debuffs do.

though isn't the mal the only one equivalent to ubt and does mal stack with red line debuffs
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    Several of the doc init debuffs being attributed to docs in this instance are procs, which do stack.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    though isn't the mal the only one equivalent to ubt and does mal stack with red line debuffs
    mal does stack with red line debuffs, it also stacks with workplace depression.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Newbs. l2pvmb4uh8kk

UBT and malaise can override one another, red tape nanos stack with everything, workplace depression gives a init debuff when the nuke lands. MP debuffs override malaise etc.

There are a lot of small little init debuffs that dont last long that come from perks, nanos or procs but the thing with the crat debuff nanos is that they can always be running on the target. Unlike procs and perks they are random for procs (VERY random) and a wait time for perks so there isn't a spammability issue.
    that's what i figured

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    Wrong.

Only UBT and mal don't stack. UBT and the red line debuffs do.
    Woops read his post thinking malaise only.

Quote Originally Posted by Josephina View Post
    Most endgame bosses have 100% (or atleast close enough) immunity to ubt, ask the agents sitting on lft. It's probably something that FC has added in the past because too much init debuffing trivialized the encounters. And that was before the current devs added even more init debuffing than ever before.
    Oh boo hoo, they can UBT. Well there's 6000-8000 other initiatives FunCom has ignored.

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Alright, just to prove the point further, I'm going to list the various buffs and debuffs that can result in a sample raid. This assumes a team of 6 people of level 220 and fully geared and expertly skilled: a Shade, a Trader, a Nano-Technician, a Bureaucrat, a Doctor, and an Engineer. Perhaps except for Beast, this isn't a bad raiding team in and of itself - you've got plenty of DD potential from the NT, Shade, Engineer, and Crat, and good heals from the Doctor and backup nanopool/health regen from the Trader.

On top of:

[ AAO Debuffs ]
    Trader: 470 [ Nanite Improved Drains / LE procs ]
    Nano-Technician: 500 [ Optic Plague ]
    Engineer: 1210 [ spammed Disruptive Void Projector ]
    Shade: 726 [ Spirit Phylactery 10, Blur ]
    ================
    Total: -2906 AAO

[ Nano-Resist Debuffs ]
    Trader: 6650 [ Eviscerate Defense / Attenuate Defense ]
    Bureaucrat: 410 [ Demotivational Speech: Dead Man Walking ]
    ============
    Total: -7060 NR

[ Init Debuffs ]
    Doctor: 4927 [ UBT/LE Procs ]
    Bureaucrat: 1530 [ various Red Tapes / crat nuke ]
    Nano-Technician: 300 [ Dazzle with Lights ]
    Engineer: 600 [ Ravening Dog nuke proc ]
    Shade: 850 [ Degeneration of Celerity ]
    ================
    Total: -8207 Inits (all of them)

... which with luck can all be on the boss at the same time. Not a good chance, sure, but really, with not a single boss in the game able to clear his NCU, it becomes a one-trick-pony strategy of "cast Trader NR debuffs, throw 2 quadrillion debuffs at it, beat it with pointy sticks".

On the flip side, let's assume a team of the following, again 220 and skilled/equipped: Enforcer, Bureaucrat, Soldier, Doctor, Keeper, Fixer. Here's what these professions can give our lovely meatshield:

Enforcer:
    29000 Hitpoints from Essence
    10630 Hitpoints from perks
    510 point 1-second tick HOT
    1371 spammable absorb
    200 AddAllDef
    Access to Cocoon
    Access to Bio Rejuvenation
    Access to Bio Regrowth

Doctor:
    140001 heal every 20 seconds (well-equipped Doctor can pull out about 40% HealEfficiency, if not more)
    11223-13043 heal every 4 seconds
    -- Neither heal pulls sufficient agg from a decent Enforcer
    6945 Hitpoints
    65 HealDelta
    Four 5-6k AOE heals, every 10 minutes each.

Bureaucrat:
    510 AddAllDef
    293 AddAllOff

Soldier:
    28% reflects (permanent)
    20% reflects (every 5 minutes)
    44 AddAllOff
    133 MeleeInit
    108 damage

Keeper:
    1053 20s/tick HOT
    Choice of: 2 full attack absorb, 6% reflect, or 90 AAO/180 AAD
    150 damage
    485-970 Type 1 team heal LE proc
    481-948 Type 2 team heal LE proc
    Blessing heals
    Bio Rejuvenation #2
    Bio Regrowth #2

Fixer:
    500 NCU
    345-545 5-sec HOT
    466-502 10-sec HOT
    820 RunSpeed

TOTAL
    46305 HitPoints
    3033.25 HP/sec from Doctor heal (not including ICH)
    731.55 HP/sec from all HOTs
    500 NCU
    820 RunSpeed
    258 damage
    890 AAD
    427 AAO
    28%-54% reflects
    various other perk/proc absorbs, HOTs, heals

Essentially, take a lot of the debuffs from up top, add the buffs from here, and you have today's raiding environment, being used to fight "end" bosses created 7 years ago.
    Last edited by Saetos; Jul 12th, 2010 at 14:02:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post

[ Nano-Resist Debuffs ]
    Trader: 6650 [ Eviscerate Defense / Attenuate Defense ]
    Bureaucrat: 410 [ Demotivational Speech: Dead Man Walking ]
    ============
    Total: -7060 NR
    Nano-Technician: 3000 [ Constant Barrage ]
    NT constant barrage is also a nice NR debuff, but does it stack with the trader debuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Nukemon View Post
    Nano-Technician: 3000 [ Constant Barrage ]
    NT constant barrage is also a nice NR debuff, but does it stack with the trader debuff?
    Nope.

Eviscerate Defense (-250) and Constant Barrage stack, but Attenuate Defense (-6400) overrides Constant Barrage.

[ AAO Debuffs ]
    Trader: 470 [ Nanite Improved Drains / LE procs ]
    Nano-Technician: 500 [ Optic Plague ]
    Engineer: 1210 [ spammed Disruptive Void Projector ]
    Shade: 726 [ Spirit Phylactery 10, Blur ]
    ================
    Total: -2906 AAO
    Engi and NT nano blinds are in the same nanoline.

If you want to stack everything at the same time, you can add Dazzle with light here too for 300 (instead of using it during optic plague lockout with lower blind)

[ Init Debuffs ]
    Doctor: 4927 [ UBT/LE Procs ]
    Bureaucrat: 1530 [ various Red Tapes / crat nuke ]
    Nano-Technician: 300 [ Dazzle with Lights ]
    Engineer: 600 [ Ravening Dog nuke proc ]
    Shade: 850 [ Degeneration of Celerity ]
    ================
    Total: -8207 Inits (all of them)
    Shame on you, you forgot NT init debuff nuke !

Bureaucrat:
    510 AddAllDef
    293 AddAllOff
    Commanding presence + speech would be 393 AAO. But you can also add ICRT for 50 aad and 25 aao.
    Keeper:
    485-970 Type 1 team heal LE proc
    I'd rather go with Symbiotic Bypass, the team evade proc : 140evade clc and 40 dodge/duck (if comment in auno is accurate) for all the team.
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

What a great and academic argument ... What are we talking about again?
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

how classes that aren't listed at all above, have no use in pvm, which is dominated by 6 man tank and spank encounters

Engie blinds do not apply on boss mobs anyway since you'll be hitting it most often at the same time.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast