Thread: AS pistol

Loophole, conc10, cola10...

however crazy that might sound!
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

ah, so you're ai30

gratz :P

Now that I checked it, RW can stay symb as well.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

well i'm not so close-minded i cant admit i'm wrong, haven't checked the numbers, but i believe you : with AI30 , all research done, being a nanomage .. yeah.

Thing is, i still think its a tradeoff.

Its not the same having all the gear i described before ( and i forgot the scope / attdev defense trade too .. so another 100 to evades and 50 to AAD on top of what i said) and not having the said gear. Lets have some enforcers perk us with AS/non-AS setup and compare results.

You can still have over 3.7k def with VE.

Trade-off well worth it.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

Quote Originally Posted by Gatess View Post
    Thats not what i said
    Yes, you said more but, in general, it comes to that.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

starting balancing advies then we'll see if that pistol is too much
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Funny, that mostly it's the profs with highest def in game (Fixers, MAs, Crats and perhaps some melee advies) who whine about the AS and mostly dodge the regulars/def check specials.
    I'm up for giving the Troa'Ler Pistol Adv/Fix and perhaps Crat prof check, rest of the ranged profs already have a viable AS:
    - LE Shovel or KEC3 for Docs, Engies, Crats
    - Silverback for Traders
    - Tigress for MPs,
    - Supernova/KEC3 hotswap for Soldiers
    - Supernova hotswap for 2he(1wep) melee profs.

And btw, not every Advy was melee before LoX - try to remember the common "badass" 700-1500ish ASs from craphander or our 10-bullet clip FA wep with dark blue Full Auto skill.
    Last edited by Advyevade; Jul 28th, 2010 at 06:25:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Advyevade View Post
    And btw, not every Advy was melee before LoX - try to remember the common "badass" 700-1500ish ASs from craphander or our 10-bullet clip FA wep with dark blue Full Auto skill.
    That was already way to much for such "hard to kill" profession.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

ya, in case you were trying to get some sympathy, just remember that while you were running around spamming low damage, you were also unkillable.

Quote Originally Posted by Advyevade View Post
    Funny that mostly it's the profs with highest def in game (Fixers, MAs, Crats and perhaps some melee advies) who whine about the AS and mostly dodge the regulars/def check specials.
    the problem with ranged advies is they have no weak point (out of nukes, like all the other profs except NR perked, e.g. pvp shades) and a lot of strong points (CH, coon, br, dof/limber, 11 sec AS, unrootability/unsnarability).
    in a rebalance context that definitely has to be looked into. no profession should be that unreachable to almost all others.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    the problem with ranged advies is they have no weak point (out of nukes)
    You're right, the only time I die in BS is when I fight a zerg (that has drains/ASs/init debuffs) or get trippled for 9-11.5k by a NT with db1-2/12man auras running.

as a bow mp i have to say this pistol nerfed our prof soooo much

i think every prof have now better off/def than us, that's realy sad.

Leduc69 Soli MP 220/30
    Duckz Trox FIX 220/30
    Duczor Opi MA 220/25
    Theducman Nano NT 165/23
    Lazzay Soli CRAT 150/20
    Ducshot Trox TRAD 141

Chest-kicker since 2007 - http://thespartans.org

wow .. so you can self everything without a eye and righthand symb and no buffing armor? Either nanomages are too OPed in nanoskills or your perk setup must be really weird.

Where have you spent your ai perk points?
    As an opifex with that basic setup, I can also self everything. I don't even have conc 10, as I have 3 perks for BBD. So it's not even a tight squeeze in endgame gear, really.

ah, so you're ai30

gratz :P
    He isn't, he doesn't even have a crat to my knowledge. Everything he posts about crats is filtered through the lens of him looking over his brother's shoulder at his brother's crat, whom he is convinced has the best crat in AO and is the foremost authority on everything crats. So yeah, Rac knows some stuff, but take whatever he has to say about crats with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Sterva; Jul 29th, 2010 at 19:18:10.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

that post was ages ago .. i can self everything now without a nano controller unit on, just because i finished some research.
    And yes, right wrist can stay symb, i'm changing back from implant since i'm never gonna reach the next AS multiplier.
    I still need conc 10 perked tho, i'm AI 24 atm.

Still a tradeoff.. being perked by enfos/ar shades depending on their setup. I'm not gonna hotswap target scope for def hud everytime i see a enfo running to me on BS

They do perk us, feel free to contact me ingame to check my setup which i think is almost max def (with the AS tradeoff) and we can try with a decent enfo, lets say Pupudede.

fyi : i'm not complaining (much) .. rock, paper, scissors.. someone would have to be able to perk us i guess.

So ... do we have any news about this pistol? What exactly mean "temporary"? Could anyone post me any good explanation from dictionary? Ive never thought id say it but id like to see more melee advys.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Sep 20th, 2010 at 12:00:11.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Today we learn a new word: Temporary (tm).

Basically, doctor with scope and Aimed Shot IPed, if set up with a few pistol items, caps on a lot.

Mongo Rage for really funny results.
    Last edited by Notnotnotnod; Sep 28th, 2010 at 13:44:16.

"Band-aid" fix is STILL in game after 2 years going on 3?

I found a band-aid in the pool once in Streets beach in south Brisbane. You know what? This one is worse.

Just for comparative purposes, after I found THAT band-aid, I never went in the water there again. And, that beach is PACKED with hotties.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123