Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GTH recovery effect

Quote Originally Posted by howlin2009 View Post
    No offense, but your doc is not other docs.
    Any decent doc survived two GTH cycles before the nerf, thats 2 minutes.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    It still doesn't make this nano reasonable for the rest of us.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

I suppose you're talking duels then?

I'm not.

With more than 1 opponent any Doc is dead very fast with no nano.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I suppose you're talking duels then?

I'm not.

With more than 1 opponent any Doc is dead very fast with no nano.
    And who gives docs the right to survive two enemies at once?

I would call that a flawed game design.
    Shareidah - First Order

Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.

And who gives docs the right to survive two enemies at once?

I would call that a flawed game design.
    Oh jeeze what prof can't do that today?

I would call that flawed logic.

In mass pvp GTH is still to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post

Traders?
    Shareidah - First Order

I would call that flawed logic.

In mass pvp GTH is still to much.

I think Shades can't - lest they are attacked by greens ^_^
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Traders?
    Just because you yourself can't doesn't mean that other traders can't.

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    I think Shades can't - lest they are attacked by greens ^_^
    Ive seen shades do some pretty amazing things.

Just because you yourself can't doesn't mean that other traders can't.

Ive seen shades do some pretty amazing things.
    True, there are some exceptional shades and I saw them do incredible stuff. But those cases are relatively rare and like all such things depend on the huge luck factor. Or so I think... I didn't get my own shade over 215 yet so can only guess about the shade perspective, heh. Wasn't really my point anyway.

Agreed about the first part too. Traders can and do tank multiple players too - given the time to apply their debuffs. RK1 clanside most players sadly still don't go for traders first so it's not too uncommon a scenario.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Most doctors would like to have a word with your AS monkey butt. Just because its fine for one prof doesn't mean it still doesn't wreak others.
    if anything doctors are better off in this circumstance then agents are, they have heal perks which require no nano at all, and unless im mistaken doctors have better nanodelta then the average agent? and more hp? and reliable UBT to slow down the trader?

frankly if this is "fine" for an agent its "more then fine" for a doctor, because nanowise doctors are alot better off, so think before you post, fool.

overall ill say that the shortened duration was probably all that was needed in this case. im talking from a balance perspective having seen the nano in action before and after the change. now that the duration is alot shorter, without the nanogain addition the advantage gained by the trader is extended a little bit longer while the target nanos up.

Maybe this additional nanoheal will become more relevant once the heal nerf comes into play. only time will tell i suppose
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    if anything doctors are better off in this circumstance then agents are, they have heal perks which require no nano at all, and unless im mistaken doctors have better nanodelta then the average agent? and more hp? and reliable UBT to slow down the trader?

frankly if this is "fine" for an agent its "more then fine" for a doctor, because nanowise doctors are alot better off, so think before you post, fool.

overall ill say that the shortened duration was probably all that was needed in this case. im talking from a balance perspective having seen the nano in action before and after the change. now that the duration is alot shorter, without the nanogain addition the advantage gained by the trader is extended a little bit longer while the target nanos up.

Maybe this additional nanoheal will become more relevant once the heal nerf comes into play. only time will tell i suppose

Because docs have anywhere near agents defenses, or killing capability? Because most docs run around with near the same hp as agents (pre BI buff) unless they are hardcore HP setup. Because agents don't have ubt as well? Because ubt does anything to a trader lol

Think before you post "fool"

[...] only time will tell i suppose
    Whatever you do, don't hold your breath!
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

I wasn't aware agents offense is dependant on nano. Nice!
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

AR agents will splat the trader in 3 seconds, evade agents have enough defense+other tricks to deal with gth.
    Just because both doc and agents have CH doesnt mean that they work the same way
    Last edited by Szyylin; May 10th, 2010 at 05:44:20.
    Zenevan2 - 220/30/70 agent

Because docs have anywhere near agents defenses, or killing capability? Because most docs run around with near the same hp as agents (pre BI buff) unless they are hardcore HP setup. Because agents don't have ubt as well? Because ubt does anything to a trader lol

Think before you post "fool"
    Yes, docs have more HP then agents, period. I never said agents dont have ubt i said that doctors have a RELIABLE ubt, jesus, learn to read, then come onto these forums lookin to shoot down ideas.

where i ask you, where in this thread have i said ANYTHING about attacking power? is this thread about attack power? no... why did you bring up attack power? because you pissed at this thread because its about making a nano, that your still butthurt over, a tiny slight bit better after a huge nerf on it. Bravo mate, bravo.

I wasn't aware agents offense is dependant on nano. Nice!
    Where did i say anythinga bout offense? where? please quote me. Im talking defense from healing/having nano which when it comes between docs/agents, agents are worse off.

Quote Originally Posted by Szyylin View Post
    AR agents will splat the trader in 3 seconds, evade agents have enough defense+other tricks to deal with gth.
    Just because both doc and agents have CH doesnt mean that they work the same way
    gimp traders, yes, good traders, no not exactly. enough defenses / other tricks? ummm, without nano agents "other defense" is their evades, which tbh is still not very high, not near enough to stop a traders perks. other then that its running away, and amazingly to do that agent needs nano to do it effectively. So no, not really

Jesus people, Instead of putting forward ideas/arguments about my proposed idea, you just jump and attack my profession.

Stop and think about it neutrally for a minute as im doing, get over the 2 or w/e years of GTH terror and look at the massive nerf its had and what changes have been made to the trader professions and THINK. I can really see you guys are more "OMG I WANTZ MY PROF TO BE BETTERERER" and less "BALANCE PLX"
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841

Where did i say anythinga bout offense? where? please quote me. Im talking defense from healing/having nano which when it comes between docs/agents, agents are worse off.
    Exactly my point. You didn't. You're comparing apples to oranges. You can't just compare one thing ignoring the other, and claim one side has it worse because one aspect may or may not be hurt more. After GTH is over and you remove the drains, your offense is back. A part of your defense, namely heals is still hampered. Docs loose their main defense and have to fall back to perks (assuming they are even available) and they have their offense still shut down while they regain nano.

So the effect of gth during the 7 seconds duration may or may not be worse off for agents, the aftereffects in no way hurt agents more though. That's just bullcrap.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Exactly my point. You didn't. You're comparing apples to oranges. You can't just compare one thing ignoring the other, and claim one side has it worse because one aspect may or may not be hurt more. After GTH is over and you remove the drains, your offense is back. A part of your defense, namely heals is still hampered. Docs loose their main defense and have to fall back to perks (assuming they are even available) and they have their offense still shut down while they regain nano.

So the effect of gth during the 7 seconds duration may or may not be worse off for agents, the aftereffects in no way hurt agents more though. That's just bullcrap.
    i never said it hurt agents either, seriously where are you pulling this stuff from? is your wrist smelly yet? couse your reaching mighty far.

i would seriously doubt that even with nano doctor would have the damage output to kill a trader with those seconds anyways so offensively its irrelivant.

look im not here to debate which prof has a better chance while GTH'ed im putting forward an idea about GTH after effect. I simply braught up that i was an agent so that all the flametrolls wouldn't instantly jump to "SOOOO hows your traderdoinmkthanksbai"

either put forward something constructive other then "TRADERS SHOULDNT GET A BREAK COUSE AGENTS HAVE AN OFFENCE" or leave please

(i like how the fact that you say "after gth wears off and you remove drains your offense is back", well guess wat, when gth is over and drains are out, your gonna be able to nano up and have your offense back up as well, so omglamepoint is lame)
    Last edited by Parranoid1; May 10th, 2010 at 12:56:00.

so what's the point of this thread..... tbh anyone can run away from a trader after being gthed/drained in mass pvp. Only the dumb ones still q. GTH is unbalanced though in duels, solo pvp hence why it needs a nerfing. Anyone who justifies stripping some profession's offense or/and defense ability with one nano completely is just a tard. Half that **** came into this game with Sirllion "brilliant" idea of nemesis nanos.
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    All other debuffs, when they run out, you get your skills back. This is no different.
    do you get your HP back at the end of a DOT ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    do you get your HP back at the end of a DOT ?
    dot isn't a debuff though it's a DOT.
    the ones with debuff modifiers like wrack n ruin, malpractice do give back your skills after duration is over.
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast