Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GTH recovery effect

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    hmmm, well those other debuffs dont do a whole lot to the professions i listed, doctor has drain removal perks, can have mutiple heals on hotbar in case drains somehow arnt removed, and i couldnt see them pool getting drained in any short period of time by regular means, sure over a long period of time maybe...

NT? well 1 CB would basically remove any effect of having 2x drains running on them and i highly doubt trader could remove their nano pool with regular means, or have the DD to kill an NT before then NT kills it with nuke spammage.
    NT reqs are on-cast. Which means that lowering our nanolines also lowers the version of the nanos we can use.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Good thing the one lower LE nukes will do the work just fine.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    I'd honestly like to know how ubt really affects traders.

Drains have a 3s cast time, CP/IS has a 2s cast time, NBD has a 1s cast time, yeeiyf has a 3s cast time, their root has a 1.38s cast time, gth has a 3s cast time.
    Forgot to mention that undrained traders might not land everything on the first try.

Basically, i consider UBT more devastating as GTH.

It shuts down Offense and defense as well, is freely spammable, applicable on multiple targets, hard to remove, and, ofc instantly reapplicable.

I demand a 1 minute lock on it.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    Didn't read most of post right.
    So our telling me UBT effects a trader? Explain how please. I really want to know how traders are effected by UBT when their longest nano takes 3 seconds to cast.

Your mistake was you asked to different questions to me, then qouted them out of context and tried to make me look like i was contradicting myself. First one you asked me if i commented on GTH, i said yes. The 2nd question you asked about the nano heal, i said no. Then you used my response about the nano heal to the question about GTH as a whole. Makes sense?

GTH already had a 1 minute lockout on the target, why do i need to bring it up for this version? 8 seconds w/o nano is still OP, that removes all of a doctors defense and offense aside from specials, which don't land outside of AS(Which is being nerfed) and our heal perks which a single special will render void. I never said anywhere in any thread that this version is not more balanced, it is. It is still OP though.

How about in mass pvp you never know when a trader will pop up, and i may have very well already used most of my nano pool to kill the last person i was trying to kill. Oh wait, that never, ever happens does it?

Do you always make this big of a fuss when someone says something to you that you don't like? If so i suggest you get off the forums. Your OP has nothing to do with balance, your simply stating the changes to GTH and not suggesting anything other then you think they are ok.

In your storm of whining you quoted the wrong person for you last quote

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Forgot to mention that undrained traders might not land everything on the first try.

It shuts down Offense and defense as well, is freely spammable, applicable on multiple targets, hard to remove, and, ofc instantly reapplicable.

Stop trolling, its not even funny. UBT in no way hurts a traders offense or defense, at the very most it will slow down a traders casting if they have ubt and other inti debuffs on him at the same time. You can still evade and you can still cast all your nanos, nothing is lost.

Did you just say that it shut's down your nanoskills, AR, AS, evades and perks?
    I wanna know where other Doc's have found that UBT...

UBT hardly affect my crappy TS trader, so I doubt it affects a decent trader much if at all.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

This, cant heal, cant drain only thing you can do it run while doc spams AS on you.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    UBT in no way hurts a traders offense or defense, at the very most it will slow down a traders casting if they have ubt and other inti debuffs on him at the same time. You can still evade and you can still cast all your nanos, nothing is lost.
    No wonder you are so clueless in your other posts
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

UBT alone doesn't matter to traders. Ubt+Init debuff procs hurt them big time. The problem is not ubt but the init debuff procs, and imo all debuff procs should be removed. 1 minute nsd or 1 minute -304something nanoskills are just as stupid.

GTH always had the 1 minute lockout. Nothing changed there. Only change is lower duration and the regaining 20% nano over 20 seconds after it ends. The duration decrease is imo too nerfed a longer value with LESS time spend recuperating would be more favorable.
    One solution wouldn't be a nano regain after GTH ends but it simply restoring whatever amount of nano the target had before it hit minus possible nanodrains.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Stop trolling, its not even funny. UBT in no way hurts a traders offense or defense, at the very most it will slow down a traders casting if they have ubt and other inti debuffs on him at the same time. You can still evade and you can still cast all your nanos, nothing is lost.
    It's like special Olympics with you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post

UBT hardly affect my crappy TS trader, so I doubt it affects a decent trader much if at all.
    Never heard or Trdeskilling inits either. No wonder it doesnt affect you.

And, I mean, if it's not that useful, just make it pvm Only, just like the trader line B NR debuffs, right?
    Last edited by Shareida; May 12th, 2010 at 23:56:06.
    Shareidah - First Order

Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.

It's like special Olympics with you guys.
    So as your caretaker for your special Olympic events can you tell me whats your nano inti is? I would like to know how low it is that UBT alone hurts you, because for that to happen you would need under 600 intis to not instant cast your nanos.

So as your caretaker for your special Olympic events can you tell me whats your nano inti is? I would like to know how low it is that UBT alone hurts you, because for that to happen you would need under 600 intis to not instant cast your nanos.

Being full off that is you mean i guess.
    Shareidah - First Order

So our telling me UBT effects a trader? Explain how please. I really want to know how traders are effected by UBT when their longest nano takes 3 seconds to cast.
    Traders need to cast nanos to be effective.

UBT lowers nano initiatives.

slower casting nanos effects the traders healing.

slower casting nanos effects the traders ability to cast drains they need to have a decent offense.

slow casting nano effects the traders ability to root the opposing profession, making escape or offense apon a running target harder.

UBT slows their offense and defense.

Explained.

Your mistake was you asked to different questions to me, then qouted them out of context and tried to make me look like i was contradicting myself. First one you asked me if i commented on GTH, i said yes. The 2nd question you asked about the nano heal, i said no. Then you used my response about the nano heal to the question about GTH as a whole. Makes sense?
    i see watcha mean but your original "comment" on this is that traders being able to keep doctors at 0 nano with GTH is wrong, it drops your nano to 0 for 8 seconds at which point your able to nano up again.

GTH already had a 1 minute lockout on the target, why do i need to bring it up for this version? 8 seconds w/o nano is still OP, that removes all of a doctors defense and offense aside from specials, which don't land outside of AS(Which is being nerfed) and our heal perks which a single special will render void. I never said anywhere in any thread that this version is not more balanced, it is. It is still OP though.
    No, GTH didnt have a 1 min lockout, it had a 1 min duration. It was also only castable on 1 person at a time, maybe you got those 2 confused. it now has a 1 min LOCAL cooldown, to the trader, meaning he uses it on an NT and then for 1 minute he is unable to cast it again. on anyone, even if their target dies, and it lasts for 15 secs now, so you have 45 secs of free time to nano up, wait for backup, etc.

I think you heal perks would be enough to keep you alive for 8 seconds against a traders DD, dont you agree?

How about in mass pvp you never know when a trader will pop up, and i may have very well already used most of my nano pool to kill the last person i was trying to kill. Oh wait, that never, ever happens does it?
    frankly in mass pvp i think its more the doctors job to heal their team/raid force, not be using all their nano on malprac spam. But hey, thats just one perspective on pvp. If in bs and your running around solo and you use all your nano on one target then your attacked by another, oh well, that happens to everyone.

[Edit] Now that i think about it, this argument dosnt even make sense, if you have already used up all you nanopool on dots/malprac spam then wouldnt the GTH nano drain not really matter as much, as you have no nano anyways?

Do you always make this big of a fuss when someone says something to you that you don't like? If so i suggest you get off the forums. Your OP has nothing to do with balance, your simply stating the changes to GTH and not suggesting anything other then you think they are ok.
    seems like your the one that got offended by my OP. seems like anything that is said about GTH that isnt an ask for a nerf isnt deemed worthy to be heard.

In your storm of whining you quoted the wrong person for you last quote
    storm of whining? hah, only whines i've seen from this thread is you and your bitching about agents.

also, im sorry i was doing quotes en mass, i missed one im so sorry!

it was a mild troll, but it does have some truth behind it... traders without drains do have a much harder time landing stuff, and UBT does effect them... UBT effects their offense in that their drains will cast slower, locking up their ability to heal/root/etc. for longer, and the same goes for the others, longer cast time on heal = longer time between drains.
    Last edited by Parranoid1; May 13th, 2010 at 04:09:48.
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Being full off that is you mean i guess.
    That is a trade-off we doc's know all about...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Actually the 600 nanoinit would have been at 50% aggdef. It's at least 800 left after UBT to instacast them at fulldef so 2252 Nanoinit to be unaffected from UBT for the drains.

Drains need 2252 Nanoinit to be unaffected by UBT.
    Roots need ~1928 Nanoinit to be unaffeted by UBT.
    Heals need ~2382 to be unaffected by UBT.
    Corporate Protection & Industrial Sabotage need 2052 Nanoinit to be unaffected by UBT.
    GTH & YEEIMF need 2252 Nanoinit to be unaffected by UBT.
    Calms and oldschool Nanodrains need more, so prolly affected by UBT somewhat.

Dunno what traders run around with Nanoinit wise but I'd guess somewhat around 2500-2700 Nanoinit depending on gear and focus. UBT alone doesn't hamper a trader. It's the retarted breakable proc, which is a huge luck factor to land on a decent evades target but ruins every nanocasters day when it actually does. I'm more then glad when those procs (including trader and nsd procs) are replaced by something else.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Hell, if UBT is so useless they should make it into NT nemesis nano with 1-2min lock on it.
    But lets get back to the topic, the GTH recovery makes GTH useless, once GTH ends doc/NT is at some 6-7k nano and still at 90% HP.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by howlin2009 View Post
    Hell, if UBT is so useless they should make it into NT nemesis nano with 1-2min lock on it.
    But lets get back to the topic, the GTH recovery makes GTH useless, once GTH ends doc/NT is at some 6-7k nano and still at 90% HP.
    I use it pvm only as a cheap nano pool refiller in bossfights atm.
    Shareidah - First Order

Speaking from an NT's point of view, I think GTH should be changed in the following way;

instant 100% nano removal, and it stays removed for 15 sec. Instant 100% nano regain after 15 sec.

Now before you traders go 'WTF WHAT'S THE POINT THEN!?' hear me out. GTH could be used as an instant, well timed attack which could, for at least docs and NT's (possibly other healers/profs), be a huge deciding factor in the outcome of the fight. GTH shouldn't damage non-nano casters much, since even though they use nano, they don't rely on it completly.

It would make GTH something you use with skill and timing rather than something you instantly hit people with as soon as they are in range.

GTH would still be a powerful tool, but only in the hands of skilled traders, rather than ATM, they all just spam it on everyone.
    Last edited by Whitey; May 17th, 2010 at 11:20:54.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    GTH would still be a powerful tool, but only in the hands of skilled traders, rather than ATM, they all just spam it on everyone.
    "spamming on everyone" as in "on ONE selected target once a minute for the lolz"
    Shareidah - First Order

"spamming on everyone" as in "on ONE selected target once a minute for the lolz"
    This, unlike CB and LE nukes GTH was never spammable.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234