Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - May 7th, 2010: hbaaaaalllhggrrrrrraaaagghhhhh

Observation:
    I am really surprised there were not more complaints about the "research" & "me cast nano" channels getting changed into the default chat window with this patch.

Constructive Criticism:
    As to the daily missions, while I appreciate the thought behind creating the missions, there are some things that will need to be changed in order for them to continue being a viable option. To have everyone in a specific level range go to the same place on the same day was not the best idea. It is not fun to stand around for 20+ minutes waiting for repops... only to have a team come through & decide they do not wish to wait until everyone else is done. Since we were told that the intention of the daily missions was partly to give casual players a better leveling option, sending level 100ish toons to Smuggler's Den for a solo mission to kill 30 mobs in the deepest part of the dungeon was a bit of an oversight too. Now we see things like this in the shopping channel: "WTH pocket crat for AOE calms in daily mish. Paying well!"

Compliment:
    The new ICC armor looks nice.
    Last edited by tazalanche; May 8th, 2010 at 00:00:42.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

"I think the Collector has just about hit the spot we were initially looking for in terms of risk vs. reward. The instance isn't designed to be a one-stop-shop for everyone to get everything they need from the game - Far from it. Instead it was designed as a difficult encounter requiring a unique, new train of thought from the players involved - It's not about tank 'n spank, it's about coordinating efforts and discovering tactics that fall outside the scope and realm of previous character roles. Is there a chance for phat lewt? Oh yeah, definitely - Gotta have something to get you guys up there. But getting the loot should be a bonus - An additional reward to the sense of satisfaction gained in actually managing to complete the encounter. Plus, hey, awesome new social armour for folks to grab; all good stuff all around."

Well you are right when it comes to the fun and the challange of doing Collector! BUT: doing it is mostly fun for the people who are kickers, and getting 2 Queenblade, totw loot or Level 10 Equipment in 99% of every finished Collector (60-90 minutes) is NOT enough at all for long time motivation.
    And that is the catch: Why would docs and other classes that are definately neededand which will be very busy and stressed during those 60-90 minutes do Collector more then a couple of times when its all new and shiny? For Totw items? No thank you!
    I am convinced you went from one extreme to the other and failed to find a moderate way which would secure long time motivation and hence the possibility to always find a team.

Apart from that, Great playfield, great new Screenshots, and respect for all the effort and work that went into it.
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

so, where my engine ?

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconfrost View Post
    A. I can only choose one thing to "work" on a day? I can't do a daily mish for sk/research, then one for VP, then another for AXP, then another for tokens? That is not a viable alternative to leveling on any of those fronts.

B. The research reward for a 220 is kinda a joke, 36k added to my research for flying all over RK to target dreads? This is not a viable alternative which is what it was promised to be.

3. The non-elite mission is just random? I have no say in what it is and if I don't like it and don't want to do it I'm locked out of getting a new mish for 18hrs?

4. I get basically two tokens (18 added to token count) for completing the mish? That is not a viable alternative.

Daily Mishes need to be scaled way up to make them viable at this point...
    I believe Means said there were about 5 different options for daily missions, all of which were non-exclusive, so you can do an Elite mission a standard agency Mission, a VP mission, and I'm not sure on the others yet.

So:
    A: No you can do about 5 different daily missions each day from different sources, in addition to as many Inferno missions as you want, as many trips into the APF's, Alien ships and Arid as you can fit into each day with the timers, and as many rounds of the Battle station you decide to sign up for while other players are on them, they're an additional source, not the only way of getting what you want.

B: Not when you get five(?) hits of it, that's what 1 quarter of your research done in a day?

3: Yes it's random, however, based on the options given I suspect they intend to add more missions later which could then be subdivided into different types, if they weren't random people would just pick the easiest one and be done with it.

4: I know of at least 2 sources of the Daily missions which give tokens, so that's 36 tokens at 220 each day, not much, but it's not bad either.

All in all Daily missions are actually very generous when you consider the time needed to complete most of them.

Very, very good for the casual player.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Any chance of getting a non-BS VP reward daily mission? BS rarly runs in my time zone.

If you wanted to keep it PvP could be

Destroy a Tower or 3
    Win a Duel
    Kill a flagged person of other fraction or nuet

Other then that I <3 the daily missions good job guys .
    Alamica 220/22 MA *account closed*
    Alahealya 220/19 Doc *wtb name change*

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    I give this poster a special /fail badge, wear it proudly!

*me wants the ICC armour for her characters
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

The collector is a awsome addition but it's really annoying killing the first two bosses for no reward... wtb loot!

The daily missions seem cool but we need an alternative way of getting VP.

the new pics are wicked, rly looks great.

Little DOJA things are cool, chance of getting a nice chunk of xp from killing random mobs
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Continuing on a little from my previous comments about the daily missions:

What is the deal with sub-200 toons only having the "straight forward, please" option? I thought everyone was going to be able to get AI/VP/XP/token options?

Are there any qualifiers for whether a sub-200 toon should talk to the junior or "regular" guy?

I know I previously said something about wanting the daily missions to be random, but is there nothing put into place to prevent someone from getting the same mission multiple times in a row? My clan keeper is 175 & has only done 2 daily missions, 2 days apart. Both were to go to Terra in Andromeda (west of ICC) & help a guy go clan & escape. I thought the point of the daily missions was to reduce repetition?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    Continuing on a little from my previous comments about the daily missions:

What is the deal with sub-200 toons only having the "straight forward, please" option? I thought everyone was going to be able to get AI/VP/XP/token options?

Are there any qualifiers for whether a sub-200 toon should talk to the junior or "regular" guy?

I know I previously said something about wanting the daily missions to be random, but is there nothing put into place to prevent someone from getting the same mission multiple times in a row? My clan keeper is 175 & has only done 2 daily missions, 2 days apart. Both were to go to Terra in Andromeda (west of ICC) & help a guy go clan & escape. I thought the point of the daily missions was to reduce repetition?

Not all missions are in game there will be more coming down the pipe, so the question options are already done. Currently you can do VP/XP/Token missions. The 2 handlers are currently the same one will get AI missions in the future.
    Last edited by Technogen; May 8th, 2010 at 07:14:50.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Not all missions are in game there will be more coming down the pipe, so the question options are already done. Currely you can do VP/XP/Token missions. The 2 handlers are currently the same one will get AI missions in the future.
    I fully understand that they stated that it was a work in progress, with the SL stuff still needing done. However, they left the impression that all levels could do some of each type that was currently available to 200+ toons. Because of that, I was stating where I saw a problem.

My 220 clan doc received the following options from Senior Agency Handler:
    I want to take care of some Aliens.
    I want a Dustbrigade mission.
    I want a Prisoner mission.
    I want to contribute to the fight against Omni-Tek.
    Goodbye

My sub-200 clan toons receive the folowing from Agency Handler or Junior Agency Handler:
    Straight forward, please.
    Goodbye

While you receive xp & tokens for completion of "straight forward, please" daily missions, if the other types of daily missions could currently be done by a sub-200 toon, I wouldn't have posted it couldn't.

Unofficial speculation stated as fact without proof helps no one.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

The VP one is BS dependent. So if your BS doesn't run you're out of luck. They said more VP missions are in the works, PvP ones. I wouldn't be too shocked if they took you to BSs as well.

Unofficial speculation stated as fact without proof helps no one.
    Gene posted in the daily mission thread in the 18.3 forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    The junior agency handler and the agency handler currently gives out the same daily missions. I plan to turn the junior agency handler in to an alien agency handler that only gives out alien missions with alien xp as reward.
    I know as impossible as it sounds, I do my job as a professional and read the communications from the dev team and convey them to the player base. I assumed that just restating things to the rest of the player base would be acceptable but I guess from now on I have to just start quoting people.

(sub-200 currently only has the xp/token and vp from winning bs missions available to them as well as the doja chips)
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Just wanted to say that I loved pre-200 daily missions so far.

Something new everyday ! Fun !

Love the new daily missions, always have something fun and new to do each day. Like the idea of the alien missions as well and hopefully will see more unique quests added to the daily missions.

ICC armor looks awesome, finally they look unique
    Also love the new armor retextures, looking forward to seeing more ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    4: I know of at least 2 sources of the Daily missions which give tokens, so that's 36 tokens at 220 each day, not much, but it's not bad either.
    36*30=1080 tokens in a month, anyone who thinks they need more can be safely ignored.

I wanna join ICC now looks FTW
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned.

their armor does look awesome, especially the new shoulderpads they got
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

I hope they'll update Clan guard armor as well..

My 220 clan doc received the following options from Senior Agency Handler:
    I want to take care of some Aliens.
    I want a Dustbrigade mission.
    I want a Prisoner mission.
    I want to contribute to the fight against Omni-Tek.
    Goodbye

My sub-200 clan toons receive the folowing from Agency Handler or Junior Agency Handler:
    Goodbye
    And what did your 220 Clan doc receive when talking to the Agency Handler or Junior Agency Handler?

And to answer that question, you get the options of:
    Goodbye

P.S. The Elite missions from the Senior Agency Handler Do not lock out the Daily missions from the other 2 handlers.

P.P.S. I Heard last night the Elite missions to deal with Aliens don't give AXP though
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast