Thread: Inconsistency in Documentation Identified

Inconsistency in Documentation Identified

I browsed the Perk Documentation today, and I noted that in some cases the attack skill on a perk was labled:

100% skill

and other times was labled

100% attack modifier

I also noticed that the defence check was the same 100% evade close, or 90% duck explosives, for example, but in neither case was there a defence modifier involved.

For the interest of discussion and recommendation, I would like to express concern that if AAO is not used in the perk check, it will cause considerable havoc in the AO community. One reason for this is that Combined Commando's armour when used on a melee character will become largely useless, and a change like this could seriously reduce it's worth. (I spent about 14 months farming my set, and it is one of the few most precious armour sets I have)

If possible, could any of the developers involved in the perk rebalancing comment on this inconsistency in the perk documentation, and furthermore provide a bit of explanation as to what perks, or what perks will not include AAO as part of the attack skill or attack modifier?

Thank you,

Nooba

This was explained by Kintaii.

Any perk that uses a weapon skill for it's check will get the +AAO bonus, but any perk that uses Attack Modifier already has the AAO bonus counted in.

For example, alot of Agent perks will now check AAO vs Dodge. This will allow Agents to equip any ranged weapon and still see the benefits of their AAO. So if I were to equip my bow, I would still be able to use any Agent perk with my bow equipped and receive my Bow+AAO skill as the offensive check. On the other hand, perks that check Assault Rifle, for example, will get an AR + AAO check.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Thanks for that sultry... missed that explanation.

cheers