Thread: Pvp help

Post Pvp help

Ok, im not an experienced pvp player here but what the hell am i doing wrong?
    Im using a 14 trader, i got him to wear ql32 carb armor, full set.
    He has a ql 28 ithaca.
    He has 20+ implants i think.
    And he gets OWND
    With my ql28 ithaca i only did around 4 damage to some guy, and he was doing around 28 to me. I didnt have a chance.
    So wut am i doing wrong?

Well you have a good start, but I suggest that you work on your implants. at lvl 14 you can without to much trouble get QL 50ish imps on you. Your armour seems good, but as a trader you can use a higher lvl gun especially after you put in higher QL imps. Hope that helps

the carb

The carb armor is not good for pvp...alot of peeps, including soliders and mas will hit you with energy damage and own u..also, make sure you have atk rating buffs, mop, rrfe, doc hp and essence, also at that lvl things like +20 to all damage buffs (fix) and hots are extremely effective...be warned that with exceptions..people that pvp at that low of a lvl are surely hi lvl twinks and experience pvpers...... also, don't feel bad if you lose alot in pvp...its freakin hard in this game and some peeps just know all the secrets to winning....hope this helps..gl

dammit is that how u do it on RK1, 100% outside buffs. Jeeez thats lame as eck. I never ever duel outside buffed and so far in my short lowbie PvP career 99% of my opponnts have been selfbuffed. I hope that u dont fall into that lame outsidebuff for life sheit since its lame. Duel selfbuffed and take your losses like a man and die if u die dont run away like a chicken!

P.S.RK2 rules!

Finally!

Finally someone who agrees w/ me about carb armor.....

"But how many people use energy ac weapons" u say?

/me looks at all the peeps w/ x-3's.....
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr
    Keep your friends close...and your enemies rooted.

Yes, I have GA4. No, I do not use it.

kthxdie

lol

heh, peeps who pvp and say they have no outside buffs.....are lying their butts off......and for the sake of argument you are someone who actually fites selfbuffed.....your silly.just silly...thats like fiting with no weapons, implants, or armor, because they give you an advantage...lol why even buff at all tahts what i say pvp with pillows in your boxer shorts

No meat I dont think Im silly, I just do what I believe what is right. And Ive been doing good so far.

So far I have lost only 1 time to a pre patch trader with insane imps on, noone else has killed me.

Ive tied 3 times with some very well twinked ppl. (A tie= that after a looong fight noone of us was able to get the other close to dying and we just stopped since we realized that the first one who runs out of nano/health kits will die and we both had tons of them)

And all of the other opponents I have fought have died or been able to run away in the last minute.

SO I aint doing to bad, eh? and this is with absolutely NO outside buffs!

heh, people who say that everyone uses outside buffs, and that anyone who claims they don't is a lier are merely trying to make their own use of outside buffs less contemptible .

Over here on rk2 you can ask for self buffed and can be reasonably sure that your opponent will do so.

...of course when you spank them and kick their butt they'll start sending you tells about how outside buffed you are , but I guess even rk2 has whiners .
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

On RK-1, I have a 74 twink that fights duels 100% self-buffed. In all but 1 of my 20 or so fights, my opponent has agreed to duel self buffed, and I had no reason to believe they werent. Not everyone on RK-1 is scum : )

Also, I dual wield Gamma Ejectors (radiation damage), so I light up with a little smile when I see carbonum armor. My advice would be to mix and match armor to get a good overall AC spread.
    Don't totally abandon carbonum, just don't wear a full set.

I agree with the implant suggestion - you should be able to get higher implants in. Try tweaking your implants to get a skill req that matches your highest abilities. I adjust all of my implants to be either agility or stamina. Also, you can get into higher implants by using 'stepping' implants. Usually if you get a set of stepping treatment implants and/or stepping agility/stamina implants, then you can get much higher.

In terms of the damage question, it's probably a weapon of choice issue. Although I don't have the exact specs on a QL 28 Ithaca, I believe it's a crit dependent gun. Most of the people you're fighting have maxed their evades and I doubt you are carrying enough crit%+ to see results. You might try switching to a shotgun that carries a better normal damage.

Good luck to ya : )
    Last edited by Nenous; Oct 9th, 2002 at 22:47:07.

At level 14, you should be using ql 70 imps. :P
    An Ithaca wouldn't be my choice gun, nor would a ql 28 be.
    Try going for the Vector at your level, you should be able to keep a ql 50ish within OE.
    Armor was never my strength, I just throw something that fits on.
    Oh, and always learn your opposing profs, their weaknesses, strengths, and your own profs weaknesses/strengths.
    Good luck.

First off you have a good profession.

The key to tweenking is NCU.

I had a level 5 agent with 94 ncu. (level 9 now)

You should start by making a Ql implant that you can get in.

I did QL 10 implant Comp lit.
    Got more ncu
    Got more buffs
    Got Ql 30 Complit implants
    Got more Ncu
    Got bigger buffs
    Got QL 50 Com lit implants in
    Got a 132 wrangle
    Did False proffesion Trader
    Did trader only comp lit buff

Now i had NCU

Then i got UA, TTS
    equiped a Rifle that Added +20 to agility
    Then got FG, and treatment buff, and
    Made QL 50-59 Rifle, Evades, and Max health Got on a QL 50 x-3
    Then threw in some stamina, where i could,. for armor
    And because i had some stamina implants, and Agility was nice.. i Had some good Stamina/Agility armor.

(This explanation is for a agent opifex (Green Agility) )

That is pretty much how to get good stuff on at low levels.

And as far as getting outside buffs.. Thats wrong.. If i wanted to i could get Behemoth, fixer hot, and Agent rifle buffs, and be almost unstopable..

But i get owned too. Everyone does.. depends if your a outside buffer or not.