Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: low HP in pvp

low HP in pvp

I do not find if low hp will be fixed too ?
    Cannot understand why FC made 30% cap but allow players to have small HP with not putting points to bodydev. Lets change this cap to some % from attackers HP. This way more HP will be a benefit...not just in PvM but also in PVP. Those players with low HP will die like a fly....when high HP will attack them with special like FA/AS/SA.

Or another solution i think will be locking bodydev skill to grows up automatically with player lvls.

If this has been already discussed in pls let me know the link....
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 4th, 2010 at 05:12:51. Reason: removed references to cheating
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

You Sir.. make a very valid point and ill shall have to bump this.

I agree that the problem needs fixing, but I do not agree with the specific methods you suggested.

If you automatically assign IP to bodydev, people will feel like they are made into cookie-cutter setups.
    It might be more successful to make bodydev have less of an effect on the total HP, and make the players level affect the toons HP more. However, this too has the potential of making everything feel like our toons are shaped by a cookie-cutter.

If you make the cap 30% of the attackers HP, a toon with 10 000 HP won't manage to do more damage than 3 333 per hit on any target; including the ones with 35k HP.
    This could be fixed by implementing a middle ground between your suggestion and what already is implemented: the cap could be set to 30% of the average HP. Formula: (((AttackersMaxHP + DefendersMaxHP)/2)/100)*30
    Last edited by Demoder; May 2nd, 2010 at 21:08:18.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by EIS View Post
    ILets change this cap to some % from attackers HP. This way more HP will be a benefit...not just in PvM but also in PVP.
    There's just to many ways to buff hp and differences in professions hp for this to be viable. Think of a 220 enf hitting 13k as in pvp with supernova, or a lowbie twink with 275 scope and ilc/behe/cs/omnimed instakilling people with as. You cure would just cause way more grief than the original problem.

Low-hp setups will stay till specials are completely reworked and caps are removed alltogether...

{edited by Anarrina: removed discussion of cheating}... but honestly even as a fixer i wouldnt recommend low hp beside duels anymore. With shift of the relation between ar and def (3k def vs 2k ar is not the same in ao as 4k def vs 3k ar) low hp setups arent that strong anymore. Not to mention perks like enforcer 1hb that can land even on fixer and the change to the check of nr checking perks...
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 4th, 2010 at 05:14:05.

The risk of dying in 4 hits is enough of a disadvantage to make it fine with me.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Haven't played properly in ages, but from what I've read on here... wouldn't keepers with slice n dice sort of bypass this if they get fixed with the re-balance? {edited by Anarrina}
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 4th, 2010 at 05:14:38.
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

Quote Originally Posted by delsabre View Post
    Haven't played properly in ages, but from what I've read on here... wouldn't keepers with slice n dice sort of bypass this if they get fixed with the re-balance? {removed}
    No idiot is going to build a low HP setup without also getting enough evades to dodge perks like these.
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 4th, 2010 at 05:14:55.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    This could be fixed by implementing a middle ground between your suggestion and what already is implemented: the cap could be set to 30% of the average HP. Formula: (((AttackersMaxHP + DefendersMaxHP)/2)/100)*30

I like this idea. Sounds very fair to me. Implement PLS !
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    No idiot is going to build a low HP setup without also getting enough evades to dodge perks like these.
    *cough* MR.

Though MR gank whining seems to be a largely historical issue. Maybe it'll come back after the first rebalance patch.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What's wrong with low hp setups?
    Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
    And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

Just tie Bodydev into damage, you lose a %age of damage based on how much IP youve invested as a %age of total possible bodydev.

75% or more = normal damage
    50-74% = 25% less
    25-49% = 50% less
    0-24% = 99% less

I would think that most people would be in the 75%+ category.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Just tie Bodydev into damage, you lose a %age of damage based on how much IP youve invested as a %age of total possible bodydev.

50-74% = 25% less
    25-49% = 50% less
    0-24% = 99% less

This actually makes perfect sense. But, what about people that ignore nanopool? Should we nerf them as well somehow?
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Klodders View Post
    This actually makes perfect sense. But, what about people that ignore nanopool? Should we nerf them as well somehow?
    Only if theyre MPs.

Having low nanopool gives you what advantage though?

Bodydev gives HP, HP keeps you alive.

Low HP is only effective because there are caps.

Removing caps seems unlikely, as its there to prevent one shot kills etc.

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Having low nanopool gives you what advantage though?
    Spare IP.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

50-74% = 25% less
    25-49% = 50% less
    0-24% = 99% less

This has potential, I think, as long as it only affects dmg in PvP. Maybe not those exact numbers for scale but the concept of having your own output damage start to get nerfed if you are slacking on Body Dev addresses the issue well.

{edited by Anarrina}

my tl5 mp twink got 4.5k hp {edited} its not my fault my proffesion dont have a single defense other than a 8year old outdatet healpet, wich can be crowd controlled with eaze and only ouer own (blue) evades to rely on, this is whats needed to even have a chanse at killing the gimpest newbie with aimshot!
    no proffesions WANTS low hp setups, its what needed to pvp

{edited by Anarrina}
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 4th, 2010 at 05:17:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    This has potential, I think, as long as it only affects dmg in PvP. Maybe not those exact numbers for scale but the concept of having your own output damage start to get nerfed if you are slacking on Body Dev addresses the issue well.
    Of course, caps dont apply to mobs hitting you, just players.

And yes, its primarily designed to make those that cant be killed unable to kill others in return.

Quote Originally Posted by msbish View Post
    my tl5 mp twink got 4.5k hp..{removed} its not my fault my proffesion dont have a single defense other than a 8year old outdatet healpet, wich can be crowd controlled with eaze and only ouer own (blue) evades to rely on, this is whats needed to even have a chanse at killing the gimpest newbie with aimshot!
    no proffesions WANTS low hp setups, its what needed to pvp
    Agreed, it wouldnt be something that is easy to justify with the current imbalances, but still, it could make for improved PvP should the playing field be a little more balanced.

Depends how you got to 4.5k HP, having no +HP items and just relying on bodydev would leave you at no disadvantage, although symbs are a pain because of their fixed layouts.
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 4th, 2010 at 05:17:50.

Why do we care if some people go low hp? I didn't see anything game-breaking going on, at least at tl7, linked to that.

Or did I miss something?
    If there is, then I'd be interested in hearing it (soz been away for a while).
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by schloops View Post
    Why do we care if some people go low hp? I didn't see anything game-breaking going on, at least at tl7, linked to that.

Or did I miss something?
    If there is, then I'd be interested in hearing it (soz been away for a while).
    Tarders and NTs do pretty well with low HP setups, still.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast