Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: low HP in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Senggum View Post
    Now at TL7 there is really only 2 professions that try to go really low HP, fixers and MAs...
    Wrong, most fixers go high hp now to survive alpha attemps since they got % hot, MAs still got low HP i guess and Shades go low hp. Think crats still go pretty low HP too, but not 100% sure on that, did pvp on my crat since ages.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Quote Originally Posted by Burgly View Post
    Wrong, most fixers go high hp now to survive alpha attemps since they got % hot, MAs still got low HP i guess and Shades go low hp. Think crats still go pretty low HP too, but not 100% sure on that, did pvp on my crat since ages.
    I have a 220 fixer and can tell you this the majority are still low HP.... high HP is a somewhat viable setup atm but low Hp is still slightly better.

Shades don't really go low HP they don't have a choice really..... seeing as crats have 0 heals they would have to get some seriously low HP to really make it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    You guys are just inventing the problem to get the solution you want to see, when no problem exists. Where is this an issue? I mean, am I delusional? I KNOW i'm not seeing low HP professions running around destroying everyone with high HP in PVP and I'm not seeing High HP people crying nerf on low HP people. So what is the problem you are solving by 'fixing' low HP profs for PVP? It's made up. Whatever problem you are solving, you are just making other ones that you are too short sighted to not see and that's just dumb.
    agreed with this, i think they could be arguing the less hp = better is a silly mechanic, not its effectiveness.

As in, in all other games more hp = better, where in anarchy in some cases less = better.

I think its fine as is, it works fine for the professions that use it.
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel8 View Post
    low HP setups are counter-intuitive, having more HP should be a good thing. FC should focus on *why* so many people are using low HP setups(as a workaround mechanic, MP being a great example) and do things to correct said proffessions abilities to mitigate damage.
    Low hp setups are counter-intuitive until they make sense.

Low hp is counter-intuitive for pvm, and most pvp encounters.
    They make sense in some pvp encounters... at which point, they become very intuitive. I mean, capped dmg hits (linked to hp) and capped heals... this screams for hp moderation, for some professions, in some situations.

I think that while your intuitive aspect was interesting, it did bring it all back to some form of religion: "having more HP should be a good thing".

------------------------

I'm still looking for a somewhat decent reason to justify changes to this aspect of the game... I have been waiting since page 1 of this thread... wonder how long this can go without anybody bringing a somewhat decent reason for all of this.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

What is a "low HP" nowadays?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    What is a "low HP" nowadays?
    Not sure...
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345