Thread: The biggest pvp melee nerf of all times…

The biggest pvp melee nerf of all times…

or is it just a bad dream.

Add All Defense (AAD) will only be applied to Dodge, Duck and Evade.
    .This allows support professions to receive a higher chance of
    landing their perk specials, as these specials often check against
    Nano Resistance.
    . Roots/Snares: Duration decreased, faster casting, increased functionality in Shadowlands (goes for all professions).

Statements like those above drive me crazy. I think i have some experience in Tl5 Pvp and the biggest problem where not the missing parry/riposte skill or the lack of our damage output. No, the most frustrating and annoying things melee classes have to do with are Roots, Snares, Blinds and as a result being out of range all the time. The biggest weapon is useless in that situation.

Please don’t tell us, we (Keeper, Shades, Martial Artists,…) got plenty of options to free us every 2-4 sec out of a root. The Nano Resistance check is already a bad joke, and if the changes will be implemented like above .OMG!!
    The only melee class that got a real option against those pesky things will lose there ability after the patch. Sorry, but I don’t see a balance here.
    Battle Stations are flooded from ranged professions already, and there will be more after those changes.

Irgane

Sorry for my bad English, I am not a native speaker

Not sure what you're whining about, but the changes about roots probably mean you'll get less rooted/snared ...

And AAD never ever helped to resist roots. It only helped for perks.
    Leamartini - 219 Doctor Too good for enlightenment ...
    Claraa - 150 Bureaucrat Twink wannabe
    Poleemploi - 161 Agent On the way to froob enlightenment !

(04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: i tab +double
    (04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: skillz
    (04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: no time for t

Yeah, because support professions having actual chance to land their perks at PvP, is bad game design.

P.S.
    IP that NR, wear HHaB, perk NR, ask for CM.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Aye... only applies to perks - not to nanos, so not really about roots/snares etc.

X

Leamartini: And AAD never ever helped to resist roots.

Ty, ok thats good to know.

Leamartini:Not sure what you're whining about, but the changes about roots probably mean you'll get less rooted/snared ...

Faster castime/ recharge ---> more tries per min and more sucess of landing the nano
    20 attempts per minute against what? 1 Upon a Wave of Summer, uber Free Movement Stims, or wasting 4 perkpoints to free us from 1 root.

Klodders: IP that NR, wear HHaB, perk NR, ask for CM.

HHaB at tl5?;
    Perking more than 1 in NR is also not a good solution. After firing off my Upon a Wave of Summer special, having 2,7k nr in that moment and 1 sec later standing rooted again. As i sayed "The Nano Resistance check is already a bad joke"

Perhaps it will not get worse , but its bad enough as it is at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Yep it is, when the classes that are mean to not be perked to actually survive in pvp start getting perked then yep that is bad game design.
    Who ever said that evade classes aren't meant to be perked AT ALL?

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Who is "WE"?

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Faster castime/ recharge ---> more tries per min and more sucess of landing the nano
    But the faster casting time is going to be alongside local cool-down on the nanoline.

The cool-down will prevent you from recasting nanos from the same the nanoline(s) immediately - but because the attack/recharge is faster, the profession will be able to cast nanos from other lines. They'll probably have different cool-downs based on whether the nano landed successfully or not.... short cool-down if the nano is resisted, longer cool-down if the nano landed (like some of the perk specials).

The idea is that casting professions should be more able to take advantage of the breadth of their toolset, while still controlling the ability to spam nanos.

So for example: At present, a crat casts a root and can't cast anything else for ~5 seconds due to long recharge. In the new system, there may be a 1 second recharge on the root nanos... but a 10 second cool-down on the root nanoline - so they could only cast 1 root per 10 seconds... but they could still cast other types of nano during that 10 seconds. The cool-down might be 10 seconds if the root landed... but only 5 seconds if the root was resisted.

Connected to all of this, there will need to be overall rebalancing of nanos and also removers. So, things like nanocosts will need to be adjusted to fit the new casting paradigm. Def checks may be adjusted, since cool-downs might make failure to land the nano more costly. Depending on the cool-downs, removers and immunities may need to be adjusted. All sorts of elements will need to be taken into account.

There's no way to really see what the overall end effect will be like, until a lot more details about the nano changes are released.

X
    Last edited by XtremTech; Apr 30th, 2010 at 20:15:22.

They all have unique "tools" to deal with it, be it CC, NR itself or high offensive abilities. :shrug:

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Ah, the old "we arent meant to be perked argument"

Say hello to AS being nerfed, the biggest boost to evade classes in the game.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

When the posts that aren't meant to be replied to actually begins to get replies then yep that is game-breaking! ...oh, hmm... "forum-breaking?" ...bah whattever... >_<

Don't feed the trolls btw.
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

Enforcers are the nerfest prof.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

this sounds like great news! perhaps support proffesions can use there perks specials and not only the static perk bonus then=)

OMG, BIGGEST PVP nerf of all time, not the second biggest?? OK I finally have to quit now.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by msbish View Post
    this sounds like great news! perhaps support proffesions can use there perks specials and not only the static perk bonus then=)
    But... That's OUTRAGEOUS!!

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Quote Originally Posted by Klodders View Post
    But... That's OUTRAGEOUS!!
    I'm sure it'll be fixed.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Crats/fixers/MAs/shades. You know, evade classes.
    There aren't that many nr perks anyway worth worrying about, CoNC is good damage and a welcomed changed.

My crat decided not to use easy mode aimed shot and not being able to land CoNC on anything but greens is rather pita.

But yeah, can't think of any dangerous NR perks that any of these evade classes couldn't easily outheal. Except crats. since we have none
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Hello? McFly? Anyone home?

This is the rebalance act. The days where you'd evade everything are gone.

OMG, BIGGEST PVP nerf of all time, not the second biggest?? OK I finally have to quit now.
    LOL

we can go play AoC now Or reroll MP. Or other scifi game, i <3 fantasy mmorpgs