Thread: Revive City pvp with an easy fix

Revive City pvp with an easy fix

IF you heal or team a flagged person and you are in vicinity while that person is actively pvping, you become flagged. aka no pocket reflects, docs, blockers, meeps, crats, and etc
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Want balanced city PVP where the sides are even, everyone is flagged and no zoning (for the most part?)

Queue BS.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

So engie/ crat stands in team and gets flagged if team mate flags up? That makes no sense. Also Crat aao/aad effect the vicinity ... they shouldn't get flagged for standing around. As it is crats have to watch their offensive auras or they will pick up flags. At least it's happened to me and I've been ganked for it. (if it's been fixed I am not aware of it ..but my crat hasn't pvped very much for a while)

Flagging for active healing by a pocket could be understandable ..but team auras shouldn't automatically flag a person.
    President of Pantheon

Shaylon 220/30/70 Opi Fixer
    Shaysknight 220/30/70 Opi Keeper
    Shevayne 220/22/70 NM Crat
    Shays 173/21 Opi MA
    Triageshay 150 Soli Doc

City PvP will be fixed when
    1) team score is removed
    2) city guards removed
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Why would Team score make a difference..... Also on top of that if you go to an opposing factions city there will be guards. Big deal & stay out there way.

Furthermore I dont see why Aura's should not flag you up, you providing a bonus to other team members which should carry a risk.
    Your in a team speak about it. IE "Hey guys, theres an Omni... Im going to pawn him"
    /leave team

I think anyone who gets involved should get a flag.

Because team score makes people team up and gank you. Majority of city was solo pvp, but now that has mostly been ruined.

You are speaking about city guards like they should exist in the first place.
    Guards dont add anything meaningful to cities, all they do is impact negatively on city pvp.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

hence, if u are in a team and ur aura is effecting someone flagged inYOUR TEAM, you get flagged.
    plz don't say BS, think of this city pvp is another map since we are sick of ABC MID. seriously silrion promised new bs maps like when LE launched. Where are they?

If pvp flags are to be given for auras then make it so people can turn off their auras in town. crat AAD/AAO aura and keeper healing aura from perks come to mind. Because some one wants those perked they chance constant flagging if they are in a team in a city.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn
    Nah, the general perception of Adventurers in AO is that we're a DD profession with fur.
    Achiever 60.00%, Explorer 73.33%, Killer 53.33%, Socializer 13.33%

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Because team score makes people team up and gank you. Majority of city was solo pvp, but now that has mostly been ruined.
    Guards dont add anything meaningful to cities, all they do is impact negatively on city pvp.
    I can understand that, however I think they would only impact low lvl city PVP as the higher levels wouldn't really be affected that much. City guards are gimpy however they are a part of the scenery & a piece of AO.
    TBH I wouldnt mind either way of guards were present or not but it does provide an easy way to flag up.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldon View Post
    If pvp flags are to be given for auras then make it so people can turn off their auras in town. crat AAD/AAO aura and keeper healing aura from perks come to mind. Because some one wants those perked they chance constant flagging if they are in a team in a city.
    Then cancel them..... or dont team. The only aura's I would constitute as not being subject to getting a flag would be Crat Motivational or demotivation Speech as that is an area effect & not team based.
    Last edited by Alducio; May 2nd, 2010 at 01:10:28.

Who are u kidding? City PvP has ALWAYS been a gank'fest. U wanna fight 1 v 1? /duel. U flag up, ur open game for anyone.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

I can sympathize with the OP however it would lead to alot of sad faces for ppl who can't handle getting killed.

A better idea is to make regular flags work like tower flags and also like 25% gas.

That would mean: noone outsied your pvp range can pocket you.
    Noone unflagged can pocket you even if you are in range.

In other words: those who want to help out will have to flag up themselves. And/or log a toon in the right level range!

Should be easy to implement too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Want balanced city PVP where the sides are even, everyone is flagged and no zoning (for the most part?)

Queue BS.
    This.

The title of the thread should read: "Revive backyard hugging PvP for people who can't deal with being killed".
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

City PVP only existed because BS did not. The 'perfect' City PVP, is already reflected in Battlestations. That's pretty much your reason there isn't any City PVP.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Id like to see this: If you are flagged other non-flagged people cant cast nanos on you.So if they want to buff/heal/whatever they must get flagged first. That's it, easy fix
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    City PVP only existed because BS did not. The 'perfect' City PVP, is already reflected in Battlestations. That's pretty much your reason there isn't any City PVP.
    Yeah but city pvp runs whenever you want to. Also it has some kind of atmosphere like it or not. The only thing that truly ruins this is pocketing.

i don't know about you but i avoid bs, since it's not that fun since i don't get a kick out of 3 hitting greenies repeatedly on the same map. City pvp is far more fun and challenging, especially flagging in OA, running around like crazy with 3 or 4 clans on you and half the vanguard watchers in the city running after you.

Healing a flagged person should flag you.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!