Thread: RK Nano Requirement Adjustments?

RK Nano Requirement Adjustments?

From the discussion about Dominates at the end of the About MPs thread, a thought occured to me which I'll throw out there just to see what people think:

Since all nanos are going to be changed to include local cool-downs and many hostile nanos are being adjusted in terms of effects and durations... perhaps it would be a good moment to consider adjusting the requirements on RK nanos, so that the progression between RK and post-SL nano requirements is more gradual.

The significant increase in skills budgets throughout a character's life since SL arrived - and the massive gap between RK and SL nano requirements has had a series of effects on the game:

1) Low level characters rush through their RK nanos much more quickly, often skipping many nanos in a line completely simply because their progression is so much faster. Spreading the nano requirements more smoothly would make moving up through nanos more of a motivation and reward element.

2) Combined with point 1, the gap between RK and SL nanos often means that there are periods in the mid-game where a character has little or no nano progression at all. This makes that space somewhere between TL4-7 an arid area of character progression - certainly regarding nanos in many cases.

3) Increased skills budgets have squeezed progression and addition of new abilities into much lower levels causing odd balance issues. The low level trader drain/plunder issues stand out as an example, but there are others in there too I think. Making the nano requirements progression more smooth might reduce some of these balance oddities that have sprung up.

4) Nanoskill debuffs have lost a lot of their effect at higher levels, because they can often only remove the ability to cast the top nano of a line - but can't affect lower nanos in the line because the gap between the SL or Improved nano requirements to the RK nano requirements is simply too great.

Would it make sense to take this opportunity when nearly all the nanos are being reconsidered anyway, to adjust the RK nano requirements so that the RK nanos are spread out more and so that there's less of a huge gap between the RK and SL nano requirements?

X

How would this effect froobs? Might some nanos they were capable of casting before, be out of reach without having Mochams, and possibly a wrangle on top? As it is, some nanos are hard to cast to begin with being froob on certain professions. Just food for thought...

If anything I would love to see some of the skill req of nanos scaled down to a reasonable level. Alot of professions are having to gear up as if they were a caster profession just to cast thier nanos. This is comming from a guy with 220 Engy, and a up an comming Fixer as a new main. Nano reqs are out of control in this game. Nothing warrants them to be so high on non caster professions.
    Last edited by Mallone; Apr 26th, 2010 at 14:14:55.
    Doom "Mallone" Trooper 216 Omni Atrox Fixer on Atlantean.
    Boba "Bountyhuntor" Fett 174 Omni Solitus Agent
    El "Beasto" Super 76 Omni Trox Meta-physicist
    Member of AnarchysChild

War "Warmachines" Profiteer 220 Neutral Solitus Engineer
    Midnight "Bohaus" Rider 174 Neutral Atrox Martial Artist

Various other Alts & Buff B*****s

My 194 froob engi can't even self his slayer unless I swap alot of items to add nanoskills if that tells you anything about how froobs are with current nano reqs. Me duel logging my mp to cast his bot is actually less troublesome since he can't self all of his armor lol
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR