Thread: Dark ages of Camelot

Wink Dark ages of Camelot

From what i hear Dark Ages of Camelot is a good game and the classes are well put together. Apparently the Gm's can also help with problems and most of the game functions work properly.

Having been with AO for five months now and having seen much change but little improvement. Didn't bother playing sept/oct waiting for problems to be fixed.

I am beggining to reconsider my commitment of time and yes money (I bought the boxed version back end of july for $75 Canadian after tax) and have been paying $20 a month since.....

Bottom Line.

Fix the game or you will see a lot of people "heading for the hills"

galaxies

eh not interested in DAoC, don't like the entire fantasy motif. Waiting for star-wars galaxies myself, maybe that'll be done a bit better.

Dwarfs and wizards really dont beat Energy rifles and Flying Cars...... they just dont......period.

somthing about the word nuck in my "spell" names makes me keep playing ao....... i like nukes..... there my friend..
    Level 132 Nano-Techniction <---- Retired till NT fix
    Level 72. Engineer <---- why is my pet running the wrong way?
    Level 69. Agent <---- Retired sence Concealment Nerf.
    Level 58. Adventure <---- TONS of lost ip.
    Level 41. Meta.<--- Mp's are too uber.
    Level 30. Enforcer <---- press "Q" and watch tv.
    Level 29. Doc <---- Can't..... Find.... Group.....

Quote of the week "When people complain equally about all of the classes, then the game is balanced."

I think most people that would have been attracted to DAOC have already left AO for it. I tried it but found it very boring. There are ca. 10-12 big MMORPGs that are set to start play in 2002, a lot more than the current playerbase can support. If Funcom doesn't get AO in better shape quickly then you can expect them to be laying off even more people in 4-6 months. More than a couple of those are Sci-Fi. In fact I can think of 4 Sci-Fi scheduled to lauch in 2002 just off the top of my head, including some big names.

The playerbase shrunk big time as a result of the non-start of the storyline, the mission-preventing bugs introduced by successive patches and the opening of DAOC. The most recent patches have been good, but they only brought the game to about-to-launch status. They need to add some SERIOUS content to satisfy players getting bored if they want to keep them playing AO instead of the new games on the block.

Scorus

DAoC

Have you tried DAoC?

I have had an account on both games since DAoC launched but my character is only lvl 8 on DAoC cause of lack of playing.

My main complaint is everything in Camelot is too small... not ambitious enough and not so big and beautiful.

The main area that characters play in is about the size of Newland Dessert, their are three of these but you are only aloud in one. Their is a PvP frontier but since its "realm vs realm" I don't think their is a restriction on lvl for battle. Meaning the highest lvl often wins. And you can't really wander around by yourself.

Also their are very few Item selections, seems to me only one type of armour choice at every low lvl and money is hard to get.

All but one town in our realm consists of about three huts weird, you dont need a city map!!

PS The run speed is very slow and only certain classes can buff it at all, there are no implants or cars... you can rent a horse but you have to pay to ride everytime and with money short...it only follows the horse route

fortunatly for FC (unfortunatly for us), DAOC has a crappy graphic look and not as intuitive as AO (i played it for 4-5hours, then i surrended)

unfortunatly for FC (fortunatly for us), new games are on their way...which mean they have quite to HURRY THEIR BRAINS to make a real game with some PvP purpose

i will miss RK
    -Marssss
    RK1 Agent
    RollerRat Diplomatic representative (www.rollerrat.com)
    "i come in peace"

Originally posted by doma
    Dwarfs and wizards really dont beat Energy rifles and Flying Cars...... they just dont......period.
    I have to agree on this one... THe reason I love AO is that its more adult then the rest games. More complicated then just getting a spellbook and start casting spells.

Also I CANNOT stant player models that are made of 5-10 polygnors(I dunno the correct term but I think u know what I mean). Ive seen EQ and DaoC and when I saw the designs and models I just laughed.

The more realistic the better. Green little men with big horns just wouldnt cut it. How could you relate yourself to a elf or orc, a little beefy old thing or soiky ears with gayish clothes (roflmao) or something like that? Im not saying that it should but its a little childish in my opinion.

Bah maybe some of you think Im dumb but I can oversee the bugs just because of the looks of the game and desig... I honestly think FC has made a great job. I remember those days when support was really f*cked up tho but they have really made a big difference.

Keep up your concept adn your good game Funcom, many of us love your game.

yeh i gave up on daoc 2, i gave it about 60 hours.... soooo slow to play........

and damn ugly too, no social content, sure pvp matters, but there isint anything to do other then lvl..

exploreing is a joke.... the place is tiny

anarchy how it is is fun, all i want is for pvp to matter, screw this pocket pvp crap

Agreed.
    Look at EQ now post-Luclin. The new models are the most goddawful things created. They all stand spread-eagled with a corn-cob up their ass. It's still the same dreary camp-a-thon hack this, slash that, 3D IRC excuse for a resource hog made. The requirements to run Luclin with everything turned on makes AO look brilliant.

I play AO cos it's a game. EQ isn't a game. It's a virtual world for teenage cybering with anally retentive naming policies and a customer service outfit who think they're doing you a favor.

UO was fun. UO you could log into and immediately start doing stuff, whether it was make boxes, chop wood, go fishing, mine, practice forensic or camp nobles for their sandals. UO is plain ugly to look at and their server downtime at 5am and warps got on your nerves.

DAoC I've heard is just plain boring. Nothing really to do in it. EQ made for simple people.

I've never tried AC, never will.

AO has made me frustrated, but at the same time, I can honestly say I've had fun playing it and continue to have fun. The game world is immense and I'm always finding odd and wierd things as I go exploring.

EQ, on the other hand, is mapped and its phat loot dissected within 24 hours of a expansion pack release. There is nothing new in EQ any more. All the fanboys like Allakhazam have every square inch mapped and every "quest" outlined for the dumbest fool to follow.
    No thank you.

And Star Wars Galaxies is being made by Verant. And that's scary.

Re: Dark ages of Camelot

Originally posted by Clarkson
    From what i hear Dark Ages of Camelot is a good game and the classes are well put together. Apparently the Gm's can also help with problems and most of the game functions work properly.

Having been with AO for five months now and having seen much change but little improvement. Didn't bother playing sept/oct waiting for problems to be fixed.

I am beggining to reconsider my commitment of time and yes money (I bought the boxed version back end of july for $75 Canadian after tax) and have been paying $20 a month since.....

Bottom Line.

Fix the game or you will see a lot of people "heading for the hills"
    From what I hear, Elvis is still alive! In fact he's really Boy George. or was it David Bowie?

DAoC just try it....

Clarkson,
    if you find fun gameplay, content and pvp more important than what world (medieval fantasy theme, which some might call unoriginal) the game is set in, go for it !

Wit the clan-vs-omnicoming to full swing PvP should come in soon, I just hope funcom builds a little army for both sides and have attacks scheduled so players can jump in. I would love to see the omni-tek army, have you ever seen the "goliath-class juggernaut" at the 2ndary OP south of lush resort? huge thing, I would love to team with it

Cool WOW

I myself is waiting for WOW (World of Warcraft) since i am a *Craft player i just have to try WOW out...