Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 23rd, 2010 - Incoming

I noticed that I can't equip rings in the hand slots on the social tabs anymore (on test). Was that a fix of something that wasn't originally working as intended or what?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I noticed that I can't equip rings in the hand slots on the social tabs anymore (on test). Was that a fix of something that wasn't originally working as intended or what?
    That would suck, keeping rings with active actions on them in the social tab instead of the inventory is quite nice.. Kinda makes sense also (Rings are mostly social after all and you dont get the normal bonuses from them) =/
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    I saw the exits on the ground floor of the regular grid on Test, not sure about the Comp Lit. requirements to use them though.
    Bah.

I wish FC would make use of the 6-7 empty spots on the top level of the Fgrid. CoP/CoT just seemed like the obvious takers...
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldgeist View Post
    Sneaking in the German Translation. It's so much more beautifully formatted
    It really is, thank you Please offer Means to do the same formatting with his Posts :P

The subway is mostly the same structure but mobs all wander about and the mix of mob types is now quite different. I think this all came about after they added some Daily Missions content involving the Subway and the whole zone broke. So they rebuilt it.

Wear tab locking, even as an all-or-nothing option, is a huge boon to the vast majority of players, especially the newbies. If you're one of those ppl who likes to swap weapons in combat, you'll just have to remember to 'turn the safety off' when heading into that sort of combat situation.

The neutral hideout is well designed, and there are some interesting quests to get there and hints of more to come (wtb screenie from someone inside the 'VIP lounge'). Don't forget to see what the 'antiques' dealer in the shop front has for sale, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    The subway is mostly the same structure but mobs all wander about and the mix of mob types is now quite different. I think this all came about after they added some Daily Missions content involving the Subway and the whole zone broke. So they rebuilt it.

Wear tab locking, even as an all-or-nothing option, is a huge boon to the vast majority of players, especially the newbies. If you're one of those ppl who likes to swap weapons in combat, you'll just have to remember to 'turn the safety off' when heading into that sort of combat situation.

The neutral hideout is well designed, and there are some interesting quests to get there and hints of more to come (wtb screenie from someone inside the 'VIP lounge'). Don't forget to see what the 'antiques' dealer in the shop front has for sale, too.
    I think the subway is WAY more fun now, some of the mobs seem to behave abit more.. random... Its fairly cool ^^
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Is there any information on what the changes to BR / GTH will be?

These changes look great, especially the LOS update (no more chain crits from mobs that are stuck in the geometry?, no more 'you are too far away' when you're standing on their head? - very handy for melee players).

Also viable exp'ing on RK should help experienced and froob players mingle (though most froobs are more experienced than many heck-noob-gen2 players).

Moving Eumenides makes sense.

Tab locking will help save the uber twinkers.

The concealment/perception check stuff is all good. I'll miss the 'tried to hide and failed' message, always good for a laugh or a reality check... but if that allows me to hide and not leave a telltale shadow, or experience chaining lag every time I AS, or to actually evade someone's AS based on my perception skill - then that's great.
    Last edited by If6Was9; Apr 23rd, 2010 at 19:10:36.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

First!

Some good looking stuff there
    Colawren - TL7 Adv
    Colwrenn - TL5 NT
    Iriotz - TL6 Solja

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Yep...forgot to mention that one. This is not a good thing I agree as most people like to store their pvp rings in the social tab...however there is a good reason for this change.

Anything that is equipped in the "Hands" in AO is classified as a weapon...be it a Protest Sign or a sexy Rubber Duck. Rings are NOT weapons. This did not stop the code from trying to MAKE them weapons every single time someone would zone/log in with a ring in the social hands slot. Every single time this would happen a "orphaned" record would be created in the game database. This is very very bad. Fixing it so rings could be equipped without danger in these slots was horrifying and quite likely to cause major issues...not an option really for a "convenience" unfortunately. The item/equipment code is a dark scary scary place.

Rings equipped in these slots (or ANY item equipped in a slot that it is invalid) will be sent to your reclaim (and can be retrieved by using "/reclaim") and an in-game mail will be sent to your character explaining how to retrieve your item.

Again...I am sorry that this change had to be done...but we were amazed that nothing apocalyptic had been caused by this issue before now. We hope nothing happens before this change goes live

I'll add this little oversight to the update notes. AND the updates to the pet window.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Those summoned by a boss monster will be subjected to an associated 10 second root.
    I'm guessing that the purpose of this is to prevent bosses that were intended to be killed by teams from being killed by one or two players, and I can see the value of this. But I'd really encourage that it not be included in instances that are intended or required to be soloed, such as Dark Ruins. A 10-second root every time you are warped to the Spirit Goddess would mean certain death at the hands of adds for many profs, especially at the lower end of the range for which this instance is intended. Please insure that the root does not break some instances in order to fix others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacyne View Post
    I'm guessing that the purpose of this is to prevent bosses that were intended to be killed by teams from being killed by one or two players, and I can see the value of this. But I'd really encourage that it not be included in instances that are intended or required to be soloed, such as Dark Ruins. A 10-second root every time you are warped to the Spirit Goddess would mean certain death at the hands of adds for many profs, especially at the lower end of the range for which this instance is intended. Please insure that the root does not break some instances in order to fix others.
    Wow, THIS! I hadn't even thought about Dark Ruins when I read this. I know I could not have survived if I had of been rooted everytime the Goddess warped me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Yep...forgot to mention that one. This is not a good thing I agree as most people like to store their pvp rings in the social tab...however there is a good reason for this change.

Anything that is equipped in the "Hands" in AO is classified as a weapon...be it a Protest Sign or a sexy Rubber Duck. Rings are NOT weapons. This did not stop the code from trying to MAKE them weapons every single time someone would zone/log in with a ring in the social hands slot. Every single time this would happen a "orphaned" record would be created in the game database. This is very very bad. Fixing it so rings could be equipped without danger in these slots was horrifying and quite likely to cause major issues...not an option really for a "convenience" unfortunately. The item/equipment code is a dark scary scary place.

Rings equipped in these slots (or ANY item equipped in a slot that it is invalid) will be sent to your reclaim (and can be retrieved by using "/reclaim") and an in-game mail will be sent to your character explaining how to retrieve your item.

Again...I am sorry that this change had to be done...but we were amazed that nothing apocalyptic had been caused by this issue before now. We hope nothing happens before this change goes live

I'll add this little oversight to the update notes. AND the updates to the pet window.
    I hope you'll add social ring slots somewhere else then. If not, I'll be very displeased...

Great progress! Looking forward to the Daily Mission system!

"Client to server sync has been tightened to more accurately display the correct location of player characters."

So I'm assuming this means that players wont be jumping all over the place when moving and turning - as much? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    Wow, THIS! I hadn't even thought about Dark Ruins when I read this. I know I could not have survived if I had of been rooted everytime the Goddess warped me.
    hmm.. haven't done it in awhile but doesn't Aunune (however its spelled..DB) warp players as well? If you have a 10 sec root would that become an issue when you have to jump into the cloud for the protection nano?

Also going to suck on Beast for the people with lower hp that get warped then nuked.. though I guess that's more easily overcome at that level.

Now you all having me trying to think of all the encounters in game with boss warps I know that I get warped a lot on my Doc.. but drawing a blank on what bosses do it.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

All equipment tabs can be locked by selecting "Lock equipment tabs" in the GUI > Misc section of the F10 Menu.
    it'd flow alot better if this option, possibly also the "show only social tab" option as well, were put in the drop menu of the Wear window's "i" button.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

So... Battle Station teleport step issue with pets still remains as a stealth fix.

Can't wait.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Project "High-Poly Breasts" is in full swing and making good progress.
    How are they holding up during the upgrade?

Is the support still where it needs to be?

Please keep us abreast of the situation.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

I really dont understand peoples obsessions with putting high end/cool looking stuff on lowbie alts etc., i fully support the collector instance being in pand purely because i think there should be atleast SOMETHING in game that you have to work for on the character themselves, im sick of seeing level 2 mules with ubar social items.
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast