Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 23rd, 2010 - Incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    What difference does it make? This is supposed to be a new high level encounter for us to play with. The rewards should go to high level characters. If you don't want something that drops when you successfully complete The Collector then don't roll on it.

I'm kinda amused and somehow amazed at how people are already cutting down loot options when they don't even know what is available. Havng a chance to get items that no longer drop is, in itself, a great thing.. and now you're complaining that you can't get it on your low level characters as well? I hope nodrop no longer available loot items are available.. and I hope there is no way for anyone to get in and grab loot rights for other characters. It would be nice to have an instance where you actually have to accomplish the content on the character being rewarded.. imagine that.

Explained why quite clearly, you are of course free to your opinion. I'm just not liking the fact that "only" TL7s should be able to benefit from possible loot drops, as I said in my last reply to Kintaii this game is old, so there is a lot of sentimental value here.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Aweseome sounding FwM this week & it actually got to the second or third page before the whiners got into swing too ! Impressive
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Hopefully when every map of RK was updated they reattached the trees to the ground. I doubt it but it's a nice thought...they should at least do this with the new engine.
    I haven't seen any floating trees before. There are trees that are standing up on their roots, that's right for the fauna of the planet not a visual bug. I forget what NPC it was but there was one that talked about the trees that stand up on the roots and it was because of large notum deposits in the ground or something like that.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    - Concealment/perception checks will now be properly checked on the server rather than client-side.
    Cool. now just gotta fix that for run speed too.
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    I haven't seen any floating trees before. There are trees that are standing up on their roots, that's right for the fauna of the planet not a visual bug. I forget what NPC it was but there was one that talked about the trees that stand up on the roots and it was because of large notum deposits in the ground or something like that.
    No, I mean trees floating in mid air. Most of them are near org cities, like they redid the terrain around the plots and forgot to remove the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Explained why quite clearly, you are of course free to your opinion. I'm just not liking the fact that "only" TL7s should be able to benefit from possible loot drops, as I said in my last reply to Kintaii this game is old, so there is a lot of sentimental value here.
    Is perfectly possible to bring low level twinks to the pande entrance, consider it part of the twinking process.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggeh View Post
    Is this Level 10 FGrid or Level 3 Regular Grid?
    I saw the exits on the ground floor of the regular grid on Test, not sure about the Comp Lit. requirements to use them though.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    No, I mean trees floating in mid air. Most of them are near org cities, like they redid the terrain around the plots and forgot to remove the trees.
    Oh those, yeah my city had one, I'm not sure if they got those or not I think they did.

I just logged on to test and ran out to my city (which isnt claimed on test) and the plant that we've had floating there for a while is still there. So, most likely not.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Ithnag View Post
    Is perfectly possible to bring low level twinks to the pande entrance, consider it part of the twinking process.

I never said it was not, or if I did I corrected that. You are still missing my point tho.
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    You are still missing my point tho.
    {Yarkona: Edited}

Seriously though, I think that in the long run this would be the least of things to worry about. They haven't even chosen what items will or will not drop there yet so, you'd be better off trying to get new instances for lower levels. Actually scratch the instance part and just new area for lower levels to fight over stuff for.
    Last edited by Yarkona; Apr 23rd, 2010 at 20:21:04.

<@Kintaii> L2P

All hail Macrosun!
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    front page!
    all of those updates looks good, but I hope Riwhen is locked to level 220, else the froobs would be rolling MPs left and right.
    Seriously, if a froob managed to reach the 2040 ish in nano skills.... he deserve to have a Riwhen
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Which is, you wanted something to whine about?

Seriously though, I think that in the long run this would be the least of things to worry about. They haven't even chosen what items will or will not drop there yet so, you'd be better off trying to get new instances for lower levels. Actually scratch the instance part and just new area for lower levels to fight over stuff for.
    {Yarkona: removed}

It's a legitimate concern, you don't like it that's fine.
    Last edited by Yarkona; Apr 23rd, 2010 at 20:20:06.

Looking foward to this update(alot bigger than I think anyone was expecting), some Very interesting things coming in. I see why we've not had much out of you guys for a couple of months.

SAM Batteries are now subject to normal player damage and have reduced health values.
    That sure changes a big part of NW tactics, for the better? for the attacking side sure^^.

Euminedes has retreated deeper into the Abandoned Subway.
    Prolly not a bad idea. saves the newer players accidently running into him and neva wanting to step foot inside the skeary place eva again XD.

Grand Theft Humidity and Borrow Reflect have been significantly altered as a first step in the balancing process for the Trader Profession.
    Fantastic news! think I'll be taking a trip to bs on solja after the update just to smell the sweet new air of post-BR.

All equipment tabs can be locked by selecting "Lock equipment tabs" in the GUI > Misc section of the F10 Menu.
    Great addition....if it's a "better than nothing" solution you're after. Doesn't go far ennough unfortunately, needs to have individual slots lockable on the Weapons & clothing tabs.

Those summoned by a boss monster will be subjected to an associated 10 second root.
    is this the "get boss agg and get ported to boss"?...atm you stop shooting, now it's going to be stop shooting and 10sec root??
    Eeek! how the hell we get to this? don't let this through plz!
    Shamen 220/30/70 soli/solja
    Izgimmerjoo 220/30/70 nm nt
    Roycegracie 200/30/68 opi ma
    keeledjoo 171/23 atrox/advy
    fixsham 150/16 opi/fix
    shamsenf 95/10 atrox
    shamensmp 86/9 opi
    shamography 213 engie tradeskiller
    samydavisjnr 116/10 trader

TSW
    Dragon "Isham" hammer/chaos/shottie on Daemon
    Dragon "Starzy" assault rifle/blade on cerberus

Those summoned by a boss monster will be subjected to an associated 10 second root.
    Since we're talking about boss warps, I will point out an issue regarding that with advy morphs. I just love using tree morph on my advy in raid encounters for extra nano for me and healing efficiency for others.

When the boss morphs you in tree form in some encounters you end up in a very inconvenient spot without being able to move, which is not an option in encounters with multiple warping bosses (like AI ship raids). Can we please have that fixed, by either making tree morph give immunity to morphs, or having walking or running enabled in this morph, or reducing its cast time, anything will do.
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    Okay, some interesting changes there..

"Those summoned by a boss monster will be subjected to an associated 10 second root." <- this.... scares me..
    Yeah, I'm not sure if I like that change so much myself.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    all of those updates looks good, but I hope Riwhen is locked to level 220, else the froobs would be rolling MPs left and right.

the Ai requirement is gone but theres still the fourth Specialization req. on the Riwhen so u will always need SL to cast it

a few questions,

1. ) will the collector have a raid lock ?
    2.) will daily missions allocate research without auto dinging the toon? for instance when i took my s10 ma into dark ruins when it dinged on the first mission. which was nice except i just wanted to get some of my research done (maybe get some of the armor)

Nice, looks like mainly good changes

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast