Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 23rd, 2010 - Incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Has nothing to to do with completing the instance, why would I want a load of old school NODROP crap for my 220? Oh yeah right social, real cool....

Give the option to let your lowbies that can actually use the old school stuff do so.

The whole notion that only 220's or well 201+ should be able to enjoy this is weak.
    I don't see anything that says the old school phats that will be available there would be No Drop...

Give the option to let your lowbies that can actually use the old school stuff do so.
    Well the option exist, it's not level locked so you can still work your way up though the shadowlands zone quest and into the instance, there have been level 5s in the beast room so its possible.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Euminedes has retreated deeper into the Abandoned Subway.
    But still players will think it's a player ganking them!

Carlo Pinnetti's suit has been re-tailored.
    Interesting ^^

All equipment tabs can be locked by selecting "Lock equipment tabs" in the GUI > Misc section of the F10 Menu.
    So, if that locks each and every gear slot at once, it kind of fails the purpose since everyone needs to hotswap things once in a while.

Those summoned by a boss monster will be subjected to an associated 10 second root.
    Oh god... wasn't dropping out of combat enough already? Do not want!

Further an overall brilliant update with many features we've long been waiting for. Can't wait till it's live

Funcom employee

Sneaking in the German Translation. It's so much more beautifully formatted

Cheers,
    Waldgeist

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Well the option exist, it's not level locked so you can still work your way up though the shadowlands zone quest and into the instance, there have been level 5s in the beast room so its possible.

Why enforce such a totally ridiculous constraint on something everyone should be able to enjoy?
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Most exicted I've been about FWM in quite some time. Gz on getting this new update in place. Can't wait to try the daily missions. And my Carlo is getting a new suit, wewt!

Also: "Euminedes has retreated deeper into the Abandoned Subway." Hrm. Never saw any complaints about him being positioned where he was, so this might be the first step in a re-work of the Subway? (Wewt!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    I don't see anything that says the old school phats that will be available there would be No Drop...
    A lot of old school stuff that people want is nodrop tagged, unless you for some reason have sekrit info that FunCom is changing those tags...
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Funcom employee

Has nothing to to do with completing the instance, why would I want a load of old school NODROP crap for my 220? Oh yeah right social, real cool....

The whole notion that only 220's or well 201+ should be able to enjoy this is weak.
    If you want to get that stuff on your lowbies, there's also nothing keeping you from going out and killing the 'proper' mobs that drop said stuff. The Collector is meant to be something fun and challenging for high level players that can get them some interesting items - not an "easy item farm" just so you guys can start skipping every other encounter in the game on your lowbie twinks.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    If you want to get that stuff on your lowbies, there's also nothing keeping you from going out and killing the 'proper' mobs that drop said stuff. The Collector is meant to be something fun and challenging for high level players that can get them some interesting items - not an "easy item farm" just so you guys can start skipping every other encounter in the game on your lowbie twinks.
    Yeah and how about the stuff that don't drop no more, that you've hinted will be in the Collectors instance?
    Are you implying that no "nodrop" items that's not possible to obtain by other means will drop in the Collector instance?

Yeah and how about the stuff that don't drop no more, that you've hinted will be in the Collectors instance?
    Are you implying that no "nodrop" items that's not possible to obtain by other means will drop in the Collector instance?
    The only item I've seen hinted at is ELLTS, and those aren't no drop.

Funcom employee

Outside of the one conversation in which Means mentioned the ELLTS potentially dropping from the Collector, we have yet to confirm *any* loot for this instance (outside of the social armour that MstrBstrd made).

e,fb ><
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    The only item I've seen hinted at is ELLTS, and those aren't no drop.

Then it would be easy for FunCom to confirm what I just asked Kintaii in the post above.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Outside of the one conversation in which Means mentioned the ELLTS potentially dropping from the Collector, we have yet to confirm *any* loot for this instance (outside of the social armour that MstrBstrd made).

So that mean "nodrop" items could drop there, and nowhere else ingame.
    I just don't see the logic of putting the entrance in Pande, I always thought of the Collector instance as a great idea til it's final location was revealed.

I'm of the opinion that such an instance, with this type of loot combined with the age of Anarchy Online, should be something -everyone- should be able to enjoy, without heavy handed restrictions placed upon it.

Viz

*.*

I am happy for many change. HQ special nice for org meet.

Are this true?

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf-GTI View Post
    "Hello neutral,

You one for few people find neutral observer? Now before you ask question or find org, go quick en find way change side to Omni or Clan.

Your friend,

FUncom

PS We hate neutral.

PS#2 We not tell you no chance be neutral ever after change. We say now never want make chance change."
    Way for feel. My main stuck. No can change neutral. Feel cheat. Funcom no tell for me, never change neutral possible.
    Only squash start push for be Clan or Omni when newbie. We all team but what happen when we tired?
    Last edited by Wulf-GTI; Apr 23rd, 2010 at 16:16:46.
    Please, give change form. Want main be neutral. Red vs Blue are boring now.
    220 veteran player, no more complain for level alt. Do something and stop whine! (Take cry people friend with you.)
    Means: the new client to run FASTER on old hardware _________________ Faction champions.

What difference does it make? This is supposed to be a new high level encounter for us to play with. The rewards should go to high level characters. If you don't want something that drops when you successfully complete The Collector then don't roll on it.

I'm kinda amused and somehow amazed at how people are already cutting down loot options when they don't even know what is available. Havng a chance to get items that no longer drop is, in itself, a great thing.. and now you're complaining that you can't get it on your low level characters as well? I hope nodrop no longer available loot items are available.. and I hope there is no way for anyone to get in and grab loot rights for other characters. It would be nice to have an instance where you actually have to accomplish the content on the character being rewarded.. imagine that.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

page 4 sniper! (i hope - if not, page 3 fail)!
    Theo
    -- Unit Leader of Nocturnal Fear --
    -- Long term friend of The Velvet Glove --

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    What difference does it make? This is supposed to be a new high level encounter for us to play with. The rewards should go to high level characters. If you don't want something that drops when you successfully complete The Collector then don't roll on it.

I'm kinda amused and somehow amazed at how people are already cutting down loot options when they don't even know what is available. Havng a chance to get items that no longer drop is, in itself, a great thing.. and now you're complaining that you can't get it on your low level characters as well? I hope nodrop no longer available loot items are available.. and I hope there is no way for anyone to get in and grab loot rights for other characters. It would be nice to have an instance where you actually have to accomplish the content on the character being rewarded.. imagine that.
    This x 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    This update is pretty massive, when you start to think about it, one new PF and lots and lots of tweaking.
    I've been saying that for a while. EVERY map on RK was update. EVERY ONE OF THEM. That's a lot of work in itself, then going in and adding content and all that other stuff they did. This patch in terms of work is huge.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    I've been saying that for a while. EVERY map on RK was update. EVERY ONE OF THEM. That's a lot of work in itself, then going in and adding content and all that other stuff they did. This patch in terms of work is huge.
    Hopefully when every map of RK was updated they reattached the trees to the ground. I doubt it but it's a nice thought...they should at least do this with the new engine.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast