Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 150s Survival recharge is BAD!

I agree with Azza. While Solitus Beta isn't a soldier's perk, it helped soldiers during those very long 40 secs of AMS cd.

It's an unnecessary nerf.

PS. LoL at the comment where soldiers must die on the second AMS. Priceless.

How is it a nerf if it heals 1400 more and at a faster rate?
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    PS. LoL at the comment where soldiers must die on the second AMS. Priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    /facepalm
    Exactly.

3:20 (2 cycles + 40s between them) of taking as much fire as soldiers do is dumb. Yes, it's as dumb as perpetually unhittable fixers, and adventurers and doctors that refuse to die.

Perhaps if the reflect cap was changed to 75% this would be far more understandable.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    Yah seriously guys, it's like arguing shades were a-ok because they had a BREED PERK.

Get over yourselves.
    The Problem is,
    Soldiers get it everywhere, and its not funny anymore!
    Our (LITTLE) healing abilities are nerfed, our main damage perks, weapons/switch/specialcombo/whatever. We are already at the bottom line of the soloers, we are not under the best damage dealers any more, our tanking abilities will suffer due to reflect caps.. and so forth. I am realy unsecure about where this is all going, and what the role of soldiers will be afterwards.... and so far i can tell you i dont like it!

So Thumbs up for bringing things like that up
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Sure, as long as those all keep you going for three minutes and twenty seconds, under any amount of fire one person can possibly unleash.
    If you think survival is godmode, then you're doing it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

AMS is godmode. This boost to survival increases soldier survival when AMS is not up, allowing a 2nd AMS, which is 'godmode' for anyone not an Engineer or NT (now).

Thus, this is a boost. 3:20 is an absolute eternity in current PVP.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    AMS is godmode. This boost to survival increases soldier survival when AMS is not up, allowing a 2nd AMS, which is 'godmode' for anyone not an Engineer or NT (now).

Thus, this is a boost. 3:20 is an absolute eternity in current PVP.
    Except if you happen to be an advie, or fixer, or doc, or engi, or current nt and trader, from the soldiers perspective.

I don't really care about survivial, but claiming ams is godmode when other classes have even stronger defenses that aren't as easily prevented or circumvented and are indefinite more or less is silly.

AMS is not godmode. It's damage reduction, and a soldier's only meaningful damage reduction. I've been killed under AMS plenty of times, and so have others.

What needs to be fixed is a reflect hardcap so people can't run around with 98% reflect, and increased HD while sitting down during a fight. AMS itself is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    AMS is not godmode. It's damage reduction, and a soldier's only meaningful damage reduction. I've been killed under AMS plenty of times, and so have others.

What needs to be fixed is a reflect hardcap so people can't run around with 98% reflect, and increased HD while sitting down during a fight. AMS itself is fine.
    90% and even more "dammage reduction" is borderline godmode......

Quote Originally Posted by Xealys View Post
    90% and even more "dammage reduction" is borderline godmode......
    A soldier with an Ofab back and AMS V has 87% reflect, and I think 90% would be a reasonable cap.

Keep in mind, most soldiers use AMS III or AMS IV, which results in 84% or 85% reflect. 2% might not sound like much, but you feel it when you're on the receiving end of the damage.

Considering soldiers have no meaningful heals, no NR, no debuffs aside from RI (which will be changed to not wtfpwn agents, I'm sure) and no other option but to shield up and start blasting, it's balanced that their only ability is powerful. That doesn't mean they don't deserve to only survive one cycle of their defense, considering other professions don't have the same restriction.

Gee, you talk like you end up stripped of reflects once AMS is down, but you perfectly well know that there are still those passive 45-50% possible reflects left + Draw Blood + Lifeblood + Blessing of Life.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

With 85% reflect, FA will do 2250 points of damage, AS and SA will do 1950 damage. In addition to LE nukes reflect rippers and BR, your godmode theory is basically shot to hell. Not to mention the fact that if you think it reduces your damage to much, all you have to do is wait for it do be down. So soldier can be killed both with AMS up and down... hmm doesnt sound like godmode to me. Godmode is more equal to cant be killed. You have to look to other professions for that.
    General of First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Klodders View Post
    Gee, you talk like you end up stripped of reflects once AMS is down, but you perfectly well know that there are still those passive 45-50% possible reflects left + Draw Blood + Lifeblood + Blessing of Life.
    The heal perks aren't major heals. Also, a soldier with an ofab back and PNS is sitting at 41% reflect. And that's all soldiers have.

I could see your complaint being valid if soldiers had a shield that gave them 35% reflect that stacks with RRFE while giving a massive AAD boost, spec blockers and a heal pet, though.

The heal perks aren't major heals. Also, a soldier with an ofab back and PNS is sitting at 41% reflect. And that's all soldiers have.
    Elementary school math, my dear Berinda. 38 (PNS) + 5 (OFAB Soldier Protective Gear) = 43

Add in reflect braces, where some have 7%, or at least 2 aruls with 2% in total and there you go... Also, there are some other exotic stuff out there, for even more reflects on some fields, but I'll be cool enough to ignore them this time.

I could see your complaint being valid if soldiers had a shield that gave them 35% reflect that stacks with RRFE while giving a massive AAD boost, spec blockers and a heal pet, though.
    I would see nothing wrong in that, as long as their damage drops down to 1/4 they used to have, with their main weapon also being removable from fight, be it by certain nanos, or by simply destroying it.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

if you are the soldier professional, can you please stop making mistakes? the basics of the basics would be to know how much reflects soldiers have with PNS and ofab back (43)

and to those who dare say our passive reflects when AMS is down is a good defense, i agree it is good...just not on a soldier, did you know that an advy runs around with 37% reflects, passive with no reflect bracers, just straight up normal setup with RRFE as an OB, let me ask you this, whats better, 5% extra reflects or acrobat, 3.5k heals, 10k absorb 15k hot and about 1.6-7k+ more PASSIVE evades

did i mention the capped run speed and un CCable part?

but yeah, screw that, give me my 5% reflects extra and i am GOLDEN

i bet the majority of you guys dont even know why soldier under AMS is in such a bad shape these days compared to not toooooo long ago and and it has nothing to do with nemesis classes.

you can whine about AMS and soldiers all you want but as long as virtually every single other classes got better defenses short of MP and shades, soldiers aint getting a nerfbat hit on their defenses, we are actually going to become stronger and stronger with AMS, sure the hardcap sucks but there isnt that many reflect twinked soldiers anymore, at all, if you knew anything youd know why.

Oh, god. Pulling out an adv card. That's epic.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Oh, god. Pulling out an adv card. That's epic.
    all im saying is if a class is gonna get their defenses really nerfed, it aint soldier.

you only feel bad about soldier because bow MP is one of the very few remaining classes we got a good shot against, and its not like you dont have the ability in your toolset to become unkillable by us anyway

Elementary school math, my dear Berinda. 38 (PNS) + 5 (OFAB Soldier Protective Gear) = 43
    I was doing it from memory.

Add in reflect braces, where some have 7%, or at least 2 aruls with 2% in total and there you go... Also, there are some other exotic stuff out there, for even more reflects on some fields, but I'll be cool enough to ignore them this time.
    Except, of course, reflect bracers and aruls only give you a boost to one type of reflect at a time, and most people don't continuously swap them in mass PvP.

Not to mention the fact things like DB bracers are far better to have as an all-around item - and most soldiers don't have the CL to hotswap them.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    if you are the soldier professional, can you please stop making mistakes? the basics of the basics would be to know how much reflects soldiers have with PNS and ofab back (43)
    I accidently used the value from adaptive resonance. That doesn't mean I don't know what I'm a bad prof or don't know what I'm doing. I would suggest you change your tone if you want your continued discourse with me to be civil, though.

Except, of course, reflect bracers and aruls only give you a boost to one type of reflect at a time, and most people don't continuously swap them in mass PvP.
    No, only aruls give single reflect, reflect bracers can cover from 1 up to 3 damage types and also, some can be combined to cover even more.

Not to mention the fact things like DB bracers are far better to have as an all-around item - and most soldiers don't have the CL to hotswap them.
    Which leaves us with 43% in worst case, which is pretty decent, given the fact that you also have access to that healing I counted in one of the previous posts.

To stay OT, 150s Survival recharge is fine. Also, it actually became more powerful heal so... Meh.

Why is this thread still open? You want them to turn it back to what it used to be? I guess it's fine by me. :shrug:

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

No, only aruls give single reflect, reflect bracers can cover from 1 up to 3 damage types and also, some can be combined to cover even more.
    The only bracer that covers two types of damage is elements - which would only defend you from some kinds of advies and soldiers unfortunate enough to still be using dsharks. The only kind to do three types of damage is bracer of reflection - physics, and there's not many chemical and radiation weapons at endgame, and it's really only a defense against agents.

Which leaves us with 43% in worst case, which is pretty decent, given the fact that you also have access to that healing I counted in one of the previous posts.
    The healing from perks is minimal. Soldier passive reflects would be decent aside from the complete lack of NR, meaningful heals and no evades. We make up for those three things, supposedly, by having AMS. Advies only have a bit less passive reflect with RRFE, as Heartless pointed out, and they have coon, evades and heals.
    Last edited by Berinda; Apr 26th, 2010 at 23:25:27.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast