Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - April 16th, 2010: ohai

OMG U SUX.

Hello!
    Ofab - Doctor [e]
    Clipfury - Soldier
    R22866281602 - Bureaucrat
    Icey2 - Soldier [deleted]
    First to receive an infraction worth 1337 points.

Bump this thread for Black Atroxes!

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    You'll notice it's the same face, just with a different texture and hairstyle.

There may be 51 heads in AO, but there certainly isn't 51 faces.
    I think almost every face is the same model, but new models are made to fit different textures. Since the head you posted is not the same texture (different toning and no mole) I think they will be 2 separate head models when re-done

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    What I mean is, the heads in AoC/TSW are a handful of basic ones that the players can mess with all they please with numerous sliders. In AO, they are creating the full, finished heads as they will be in-game. I'm interested in whether that gives the artists a stronger sense of ownership of the product they are designing.
    That's an interesting point that oddly enough I have never considered. While I think they would take baseline ownership of the face I can understand how they would not feel as attached to the end results as say an Armor part for the game.

I'm not sure if many people in here know it but I am an artist as well, well I've gone to college for design anyways, I don't actively draw anymore. However my wife is active in design and I talked to her about this and she gave me her input which I really agreed with, but would love to hear from Flaptoot on this.

Wife; "Part of this is dealing with the goal of your design process. Going into designing a static object means that you're focusing on getting 'everything' in the design just right so that you're satisfied in the work and the people who are going to be using the work are also satisfied in the look. You also end up spending a lot more time fine tuning each little thing so that it's just right in your mind since it's not going to be changed later on.

When going into designing a non-static design though you would feel more at ease with the whole process most likely. You have to look at the object as a whole not as the little parts of it. Making sure that when the eyes get changed form big to small that the head still looks properly, and that overall you can tell the source head of the changes is an important thing. The artist would also most likely feel more at ease with a non-static design because they do not have to spend as much time fine tuning the head because users will be able to correct any little error they perceive in the design."

Note, my wife does not actively draw for games but I agree with her a good amount on what she thinks the mentality going into the design processes would be but I seriously would like to hear from Flaptoot, MstrBstrd, or any one from the China studio.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    I think almost every face is the same model, but new models are made to fit different textures. Since the head you posted is not the same texture (different toning and no mole) I think they will be 2 separate head models when re-done
    I hope you're right, but I have a feeling they're going to make the base faces then just slap hair and moles on them to crank them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Note, my wife does not actively draw for games but I agree with her a good amount on what she thinks the mentality going into the design processes would be but I seriously would like to hear from Flaptoot, MstrBstrd, or any one from the China studio.
    I wonder if any of the China Studio people troll this forum for feedback on their work, or just take input from FC personnel?

Wow I'm really impressed by the way Technogen brought his wife into this, so not wanting to be any worse I tok a phone call to my mum, and all she said was

"Get a job, grow up! You're to old for this s*hit!"

I'm not sure if my mum was directing this to Kintaii, Technogen, Technogen's wife or me.
    I'll be sure to ask the next time I feel like picking up the phone for a verbal beating!

Viz
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Do atroxes not have eyes? Am I missing something?
    Squad Commander of Lex Noctis
    'Larp' 220/22 Atrox Enforcer Phats
    Ohne "Qixote" Dich 220/30/70 Solitus Nano-Technician Phats
    Cellar "Shiae" Door 165/22 Solitus Adventurer Phats
    Little 'Twinks' Boy 21/2 Atrox Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Wow I'm really impressed by the way Technogen brought his wife into this, so not wanting to be any worse I tok a phone call to my mum, and all she said was

I'm not sure if my mum was directing this to Kintaii, Technogen, Technogen's wife or me.
    I'll be sure to ask the next time I feel like picking up the phone for a verbal beating!

Viz
    did you call my wife??:P
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

I love the armor screenshot. Reminds me of phatasy star online stuff.

On a side note, will there be an option to color code the armor in the future based off say my body armor's color? Having a possibly mix matched set can be ok for some, but I think it would be nice to see if matching color sets could be possible. I do understand it can be too much if we end up with 200+ different armor sets though, so this is just a "would it be possible" request

Check the poly flow on the heads 3 middle head, pointy chin angles is bad considering you have avoided it on the other models. Looks like a topo issue. Not that even the whole new game engine will get me back to AO.

None the less best of luck and it does look to be shaping up rather nicely. I will of course pop in to troll from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeeeeek View Post
    and everyone knows solsdiers dont think they just cast ams then roll face in keyboard for maximum efficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I would have loved to see 18.0 finish up faster...but some "interesting" ways of playing the game were discovered that slowed the process slightly...in the same way as the pope is slightly Catholic.

Viz
    Thank you for the laugh
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Most likely me or something, IDK wtf you're tring saying anyways. Are you attempting to say that AO players shouldn't be older players and or married? Or that the player base should be changed to teens? Some times you worry me.
    Last edited by Technogen; Apr 16th, 2010 at 22:05:38.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Most likely me or something, IDK wtf you're tring saying anyways. Are you attempting to say that AO players shouldn't be older players and or married? Or that the player base should be changed to teens? Some times you worry me.
    I think you took his post way too seriously.. seems to me he was just trying to be funny not insulting At least I took it as a joke because that's how some family friends feel about video games, in general.. which makes me laugh.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

What worry me is that you apparently thought I called my mum, read to her your post and asked for feedback.

That's a cause of real concern.

For your sake I hope you did not.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Back on topic...

The solitus male's deformed ear & huge eyes are the only things that bother me in this wave of sneak peeks. Aside from that, the rest is looking pretty good.

I already have the new version of the atrox head in my avatar (<------- over there) cropped, flipped horizontal & used as my avatar on our org forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    I'm gonna be honest with you here. I got nothin'.
    Thanks for "nothin'" Kintaii.
    It was very informative.
    Last edited by tazalanche; Apr 16th, 2010 at 22:39:30.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

solitus fem goth head: moar pale, black lips, no square jaw pls.

trox is win tho ^.^
    Last edited by Solstiare; Apr 16th, 2010 at 22:37:15.
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Yo.

In my honest opinion, the goth girl actually looks like it's worth using now, because the totally white face really is ugly as ____
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

One of those heads looks like the love child of the president of Tzajikistan (sp) and Don Ho. But done well. I like the heads in general... though the nanomages are still weak. SoliGoth chick is a hottie.

Speaking of which, lets tweak the bodies at the same time. Specifically, T, A, and Cabbage. And varieties of grotesquerie or extremes (gigantism, dwarfism, potbellies, extreme thin-ness, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

For your sake I hope you did not.
    I did not, I am well aware that you posted that, thats why asked your opinion on it, but *shrug*

meatybtz was right about that square jaw, I didnt notice that on my 1st look but I went back and it was a little :/

<@Kintaii> L2P

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast