Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MP perks proposed attack/def rating checks

My MP has about 200 more MC than my NT. MP's have the highest static nanoskills, traders can get the highest. Imo crats are "situation masters" and pets feel most like a tack on. I dunno whether MP or engi is more deserving of "pet master".
    Last edited by Mountaingoat; Apr 16th, 2010 at 04:18:39.

The perk changes have been documented and released - we have to take those as the basis of the discussion. Consistency is always preferable in terms of attack skills - because needing to split build focus will nearly always be weaker.

Klod's point is that there's a perk in the released documentation that doesn't fit the overall pattern for announced MP perks and so is inconsistent. It would make sense to change it.

It's not really that difficult is it?

If you want to try to get a little more future-sighted, despite the uncertainty caused by so much change being on its way... then you can be pretty darned sure that nanoskills will always be the primary intended hostile skills for the MP. That applies via the attack skills on hostile nanos, the casting skills on pets and their buffs... and even the equipping and attack skills on creations and creation-type weaponry.

When looking for consistency across the template, your first port of call for attack skills for the MP should really be nanoskills.

X

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    The perk changes have been documented and released - we have to take those as the basis of the discussion. Consistency is always preferable in terms of attack skills - because needing to split build focus will nearly always be weaker.

Klod's point is that there's a perk in the released documentation that doesn't fit the overall pattern for announced MP perks and so is inconsistent. It would make sense to change it.

It's not really that difficult is it?

If you want to try to get a little more future-sighted, despite the uncertainty caused by so much change being on its way... then you can be pretty darned sure that nanoskills will always be the primary intended hostile skills for the MP. That applies via the attack skills on hostile nanos, the casting skills on pets and their buffs... and even the equipping and attack skills on creations and creation-type weaponry.

When looking for consistency across the template, your first port of call for attack skills for the MP should really be nanoskills.

X
    So we should just give MPs the ability to use this perk just as effectively using pistols over creation weapons?

And what's all this about split builds? If creation weapons are 100% MC + 20% TS you'd damn sure want this perk to be an Attack Mod check instead of pure MC.

So how about this? Before you know if something could work out to be extremely useful to you, don't ask to have it chaned to your preferences based on your current setup.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    So we should just give MPs the ability to use this perk just as effectively using pistols over creation weapons?
    Yes. You have a problem with that?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Yes. You have a problem with that?
    Newsflash. Weapon choice matters.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

That works for true weapon professions though. We aren't considered as such.

Newsflash. MPs have the worst AR template in the game. Weapon choice doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    That works for true weapon professions though. We aren't considered as such.
    Brb, putting shotgun on my NT.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

If creation weapons are 100% MC + 20% TS you'd damn sure want this perk to be an Attack Mod check instead of pure MC.
    And then what? Try to get access to AAO on MP perk lines and symbiants too? And if it were the case that we got this AAO checked perk action that works with creations... what happens to the balance for MPs using normal perks? Nearly all MP hostile actions check nanoskills Vs Nano Resist... but managing balance levels through skills budgets will be difficult when you're checking some perks differently.... especially when this perk is checking against evade/dodge...

Creation Weapons are primarily buffing items. Their primary intent is not to deliver great damage, so the attack skills are less of an issue in terms of their design. The non-creation staves include some better damage in order to make their proposition more persuasive... but still, they're not designed as heavy damage weapons with specials etc... they're still primarily there to be a mid-damage addition to pets/nukes - with pets and nukes as the primary damage sources.

We also don't really have any suggestion at all that creation weapons are likely to change their attack skills from the present 80%MC + 20% Weaponskill. It seems clunky to want to change the attack skills on the creations in such a way as to make AAO work on perks used alongside them - when we've already seen that the majority of MP perks in the redesign won't be using AAO. Only this one perk line has an exception.

Going from what's in front of us (the perk documentation), the MP design template and the goal of consistency... it would make sense for this perk to change so that it's in line with other MP perks.

X

Brb, putting shotgun on my NT.
    Sure, why not. Utilize will still check MC for attack skill and NR for defense.

We also don't really have any suggestion at all that creation weapons are likely to change their attack skills from the present 80%MC + 20% Weaponskill. It
    Gief 100% weapon skill +25% nano skill.
    Nerf pets AR instead or just leave as it is - its already abundantly gimped.

Engos have thos - http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=274973 -
    and they got light blue pistol skill!

Looks like engos and MPs weapons was created in different epoch
    Last edited by gaiatry; May 13th, 2010 at 19:40:47.
    Molotoff Cocktail

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123