Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MP perks proposed attack/def rating checks

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    lol I must be doin something wrong because enf regular hits me for like 1.1k+ damage where'd you get 600 from? Boy, you really know how to downplay your prof.

MAs have AS SA and dimach... awww damn I didn't realise FC removed dimach and SA from enf's toolset QQ (btw the AS isn't 11s unless you have on a scope)
    Not all enforcers are 2he eh. Even then, we are still far from MAs dmg.

MAs definitely have a different kind of offense than enforcers. Bubba wrongly used 'perk reliant' but the kinda corrected it after saying MAs rely on AR/regulars. He forgot special attacks tho. Enforcers' offense is based at 90% on perks. SA and Dimach isn't more supported by enfos than other professions, aside from being infantry obviously. Recharge on dimach alone make it quite different on MAs' side. All this just to say that MAs and Enfs have totally different kind of offense.

Back on topic, there's indeed no reason to have such odd offensive and defensive checks. Especially if FC will continue to support bow/AS and other weapon alternatives. If they decide to 'force' MPs into creation weapons it would be another story tho.

But def check on close+dodge still make little sense imho. Kinda kills the idea of range. And not only for MPs btw.
    blah

Counterweight (a group multiweild perk for shades/advs/eng's/enfs) uses TS as the attack rating for its perks and NR for the defence check. Mp's arn't the only ones with weird checks and all of them need to be redone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Counterweight (a group multiweild perk for shades/advs/eng's/enfs) uses TS as the attack rating for its perks and NR for the defence check. Mp's arn't the only ones with weird checks and all of them need to be redone.
    It's been reworked, it will use AR Vs 50:50 dodge/evade. l2r

NEXT!
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    MP perks should check nano based skills. Everything else is highly illogical and/or imbalanced for a profession that is officially MASTER OF NANO SKILLS. Period.
    We aren't really master of nano skills though. We're master of pets. NTs are master of nano skills. Notice how we don't even have enough "mastery" to shut down their nanoskills without a proc.

We are not masters of pets, crats are. We are indeed masters of nano skills, with pets as an addition.

Well, I can bet we would do better with MC check or any nano skill check in general, since our nano skill AR based weapons don't use 100% nano skill + 20% weapon skill checks, but 80 + 20.
    Don't think of how things are, but how things will be.

Oh wait, we don't have enough information yet so you're whining with no purpose in mind?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

We are not masters of pets, crats are. We are indeed masters of nano skills, with pets as an addition.
    Masters of nano skills? That would be traders, both at the amount they get and the ease and duration they get to nerf others.
    Still here

Read the Professions Overview. We are not meant to be master of nanoskills. "A Nano Technician is an expert user of aggressive nanotechnology."

Crats aren't master of pets either, but a master of crowd control. "But most importantly, a Bureaucrat uses nanotechnology to boost his leadership skills and to control hostile beings, bending their minds and blurring their aims."

MPs are master of pets. "The Meta-Physicists get their strength from the "other side". They can manifest their emotions in the material world and eventually control multiple materialized entities and use them in combat"

It's been reworked, it will use AR Vs 50:50 dodge/evade. l2r

NEXT!
    Ah, auno is still showing TS and I didnt see any thing about it in the 18.3 or 18.3.1 patch notes, and those look out of date any way, where can I go to find this info at? (I've only just reactivated a week ago so I'm unaware of some of the more recent changes).

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Ah, auno is still showing TS and I didnt see any thing about it in the 18.3 or 18.3.1 patch notes, and those look out of date any way, where can I go to find this info at? (I've only just reactivated a week ago so I'm unaware of some of the more recent changes).
    Rooted at the top of this forum though everything is still subject to change.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

MP perks should check nano based skills. Everything else is highly illogical and/or imbalanced for a profession that is officially MASTER OF NANO SKILLS. Period.
    MP = Master of emotional issues.

MP isnt the master of nanoskills, evades, nor pets. They're a mish mash of mediocre nano caster abilities, a combination of NT, Crat, and Traders, and deserve to be far more generalized

Also, it makes all the sense in the world to be able to resist a fireball or a nuke with dodge/rng/evade/duck etc. NR makes more sense in resisting debuffs, anyway.

MP class in any other game would have endless options to play, focusing on weapon damage, OR evades, OR debuffs, OR pets, OR nukes etc.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

As it is MPs can be called almost anything right now and it'd be justified to some degree, no matter how much we argue about it. All we can do right now is wait for word on what the dev's have in mind so we can actually base our arguments on something with a real future in AO.

But while I'm here, Full Auto Triple AS Tigress and 6 attack pets please.
    220/26/69 MP - Sunfyrre
    220/19/55 MA - Sunfyrex
    220/21/57 Doc - Starxx
    220/20/56 Eng - Starfyrre

Actually, it doesn't matter if we are masters of pets, masters of nano skills, or masters of emotional issues (good one Kinkstaah +1 ). What matters here is, we are most certainly not adept in weapon's department and this perk action implies (kind of) that we are.

@SultryVoltron
    We have enough info to see that AR Vs 50:50 evade/dodge is wrong choice for this particular proposed perk action, at least for MPs.

@SultryVoltron
    We have enough info to see that AR Vs 50:50 evade/dodge is wrong choice for this particular proposed perk action, at least for MPs.
    Care to post links or quotes?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Care to post links or quotes?
    http://forums.anarchyonline.com/show...92&postcount=1

Examine it by yourself, if you don't believe me.

http://forums.anarchyonline.com/show...22&postcount=1

I don't want your opinion. I called your opinion into question and you're trying to use it to support your original opinion?

No thanks.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

I don't want your opinion. I called your opinion into question and you're trying to use it to support your original opinion?

No thanks.
    You didn't even check proposed perk change documentation now, did you?

I thought so.

You didn't even check proposed perk change documentation now, did you?

I thought so.
    Oh, I trust that you accurately listed the perk checks as they appear in the balance documentation, but I don't feel you adequately provide arguments for WHY those checks are bad. You have literally no information about the future of MP creation weapons (other than changed) and there is no substantial evidence that 50/50 dodge/evade check would be unacceptable when compared to the easier to land NR def check.

Your baseless OPINION of why those are bad changes is what I'm calling into question.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Oh, I trust that you accurately listed the perk checks as they appear in the balance documentation, but I don't feel you adequately provide arguments for WHY those checks are bad. You have literally no information about the future of MP creation weapons (other than changed) and there is no substantial evidence that 50/50 dodge/evade check would be unacceptable when compared to the easier to land NR def check.

Your baseless OPINION of why those are bad changes is what I'm calling into question.
    I'm using what I got. And what I got, showed to me (and to everybody else, but you) that Ken Si uses wrong checks.

Hint: it buffs nano skills, not 1hb, nor 2hb.

And even if creation weapons changed to the point that they used only nano skills for attack check, it would still be extremely weird to use AR check on this single perk action, while retaining more meaningful nano skill checks on everything else. Duh.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast