Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Friday with Means - April 9th, 2010 - New faces, Old faces

Quote Originally Posted by byteflush View Post
    Damn, I thought I could actually get someone to say "How can they look Canadian when they're made in Beijing?" and then expose their prejudice... I guess I just suck at forum PvP

Edit: I am also drunk
    clearly, the artists doing the new heads arent drinking enough.

finally, we've discovered the problem!

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    I have not seen a single rework of one of the heads that currently look Asian though. So this is kind of an invalid point.
    My sentiments exactly. Certainly no more so than the current versions of those heads appear.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by byteflush View Post
    Damn, I thought I could actually get someone to say "How can they look Canadian when they're made in Beijing?" and then expose their prejudice... I guess I just suck at forum PvP

Edit: I am also drunk

This is commerical that aired in Canada for year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yukrEhNG-Po

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaxis View Post
    This is commerical that aired in Canada for year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yukrEhNG-Po
    you for got the classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y09YOkVmGg0
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

@Means / Dev team.

I've probably missed something, but why aren't you using assets from AoC? Surely there's a tonne of NPC heads that can be used as 'stock filler' for solitus within game?

Even if you produce different meshes (aka, SF ones rather than muddy naked oiled barbarian skins) the underlying work is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlain View Post
    @Means / Dev team.

I've probably missed something, but why aren't you using assets from AoC? Surely there's a tonne of NPC heads that can be used as 'stock filler' for solitus within game?

Even if you produce different meshes (aka, SF ones rather than muddy naked oiled barbarian skins) the underlying work is there?

That would be frowned upon

"lol FunCom sux so hard, they use same models and skins in 2 MMOs"
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    That would be frowned upon

"lol FunCom sux so hard, they use same models and skins in 2 MMOs"

When one of those MMOs is over 10 years old, I don't think anyone would really care as long as the eye candy was good.

Oh, and you missed my point: the skins / textures would be different, the skeletons (maps) would be the same. So, in fact, you'd not actually notice them as the same.

^ Also, alot of people like myself have never played AoC...so it would be like all new material

On a completely unrelated note....wtb on/off button for back items in game like the helmet one, sick of seeing robes!!!!
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlain View Post
    @Means / Dev team.

Heads in AO are 3D static models. Heads in AoC are used making a face generator and are fully animated.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Heads in AO are 3D static models. Heads in AoC are used making a face generator and are fully animated.
    Thankfully. It gets annoying seeing the same characters make the same facial expressions endlessly. Snarling atroxes... oh the joy.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    I believe heads in AoC have only two "stances", neutral and aggressive.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

and heads in AO have only one stance: Oblivious
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    I have not seen a single rework of one of the heads that currently look Asian though. So this is kind of an invalid point.
    That wasn't so much about the heads shown so far. It's just that if people were flipping out over the perception that the heads were supposedly Asian just imagine what they'll do when they actually are since there would be some.

Keep working on it Means, we await it, altho somewhat impaitently

Quote Originally Posted by BugsCoT View Post
    Thankfully. It gets annoying seeing the same characters make the same facial expressions endlessly. Snarling atroxes... oh the joy.
    Did your parents ever tell you to "stop making that face or it will stay that way"?

Since atrox were genetic creations & do not have parents, they were not warned & what you see is the end result.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Theotus View Post

anyhow, heads look decent i am looking forward to the progres tbh. really wish FC would ditch the secret world and put more resource on AO :P

/Theo
    Amen to that...
    Last edited by Cadey; Apr 28th, 2010 at 12:48:04. Reason: Non contextual txt
    A Salute to absent friends - R.I.P HAWG 07

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    Did your parents ever tell you to "stop making that face or it will stay that way"?

Since atrox were genetic creations & do not have parents, they were not warned & what you see is the end result.
    roflmao
    A Salute to absent friends - R.I.P HAWG 07

The new Solitus female seems to be in a very bad mood and I think I know why.

That head is dreadful.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678