Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 9th, 2010 - New faces, Old faces

Funcom employee Friday with Means - April 9th, 2010 - New faces, Old faces

Work continued this week on putting more polish on the Daily Missions. As of last week everything pretty much "worked" but there were still some issues that provided "inconvenient" or "annoying" moments...and these need to go before hitting the Live dimensions. The team is doing a great job of ironing out any remaining issues so we have high hopes of seeing this one out "soon". I can't wait to see the first groups die horribly in the new instance. Ouch. I think this is the most challenging chain of encounters we have ever produced.

I had hoped *ahem* many weeks ago to be putting together a video of the new engine...but things are just not where I would like them to be. With the artists focusing their efforts on supporting the art team in Beijing with the production of the new heads/bodies it hasn't been a good time to bother people about making me grass. Fortunately the longer we wait in getting the video started...the more features will be in and complete. I am sorry about the much longer wait than anticipated. We all look forward to witty "vaporware" jokes....but it won't stop us from working on it....even link the word "vaporware" to Wikipedia if you like. Funny stuff.

Speaking of the new heads...part of the work in preparing to make the new heads was determining which heads were actually in use. The results were both suprising and NOT surprising. Heads 1,2,7 and 8 are unsurprisingly the default choices for Atrox, Solitus Male, Nanomage Male and Opifex Male. Surprising were the rest of the "Top 10" which only included two female character heads. The first Nanomage Female head does not make an appearance until 19th on the most popular list. The winner of the "undesirable" contest...with only 51 uses in the entire almost 10 year collection of data can be seen below...

I have also included some images of the new heads "in progress" from the Beijing office. This work began on Monday and it is always amazing to see the work unfold.

Have a great weekend!
    Last edited by Means; Apr 9th, 2010 at 17:18:30. Reason: Corrected numbering :)
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Sorry Sir... Can't allow you in. Seems you're not on "The List"

Oh, my apologies... it seems you are here; right between "Duke Nukem Forever" and "Metroid Dread" Please, step inside.
    Last edited by Melinea; Apr 9th, 2010 at 19:51:52. Reason: Someone thought it would be funny to actually add the engine to the list.
    Melinea - 218/12/40 Solitus Crat
    Blueyed - 150/2/7 Nanomage Doctor
    Andousto - 80/4/8 Solitus Soldier

With zero power comes zero responsibility...

Damn!
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

still here
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Excellent.
    I'm the biggest! The best! Better than the rest!

Page 1.. reserved
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Crat360 -220|24|70 Bureaucrat
    Shutupntank 220|15|XX Doctor
    Litlebigman - 215|15|XX Martial Artist
    Zookeeeper -213|19|44 Keeper

General and Recruiter of Cosmic Forklift Inc.

First page!

And really nice images.
    Last edited by Flyingengi; Apr 9th, 2010 at 16:30:02.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

first page woo!
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

First page! WOO! I'll go cry myself to sleep now.

First page. Better than usual
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

No one essential at FC office came down with Chickenpox and had to be hospitalized and work put on hold this week? I am duly impressed.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Nice work on the heads, i'm looking forward to this...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Heads 1,3,7 and 8 are unsurprisingly the default choices for Atrox, Solitus Male, Nanomage Male and Opifex Male.
    You mean 1, 2, 7 and 8 ...

By the way, did your head-popularity stats take into account the legions of xp-stim farmers and gold-spammers that were simply rolled as fast as possible, thereby inflating the popularity of the default heads. I wonder what the rankings would look like if you only looked at characters that made it to level 10, for example.

Also, I was just about to roll my next toon as the hawt steel-jaw Nanomage female, and now she probably won't make it into the engine upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    By the way, did your head-popularity stats take into account the legions of xp-stim farmers and gold-spammers that were simply rolled as fast as possible, thereby inflating the popularity of the default heads. I wonder what the rankings would look like if you only looked at characters that made it to level 10, for example.
    My thoughts exactly...
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

o.O
    The winner of the "undesirable" contest...with only 51 uses in the entire almost 10 year collection of data can be seen below...

and i know one of my alts got the head...

Nice read and interesting heads, tyvm!

Solitus female looks like she got Mick Jagger lips, so not sexy lol...

I dun wanna get a cyb0r data with the bulimic vacuum lips...
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

nice
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast