Thread: So everyone is asking for pvp range change?

So everyone is asking for pvp range change?

Really? really?

this is so carebear. this 207 twink ganks my 165 toon. But i wanna dominate 150 twinks, who dominate 126 twinks who dominate lower tl4 twinks, who dominates tl3 twinks, who dominate lower tl3 twinks, who dominates tl2 twinks......

do you get the idea? With any twink lvl there's always a higher twink lvl that's effective at putting it down!
    So how do deal with a 207 twink call in one well twinked 220 and watch that 207 go insta splat. problem solved. so stop complaining when you are too lazy to log your 220 main.

Tower wars shouldn't be won with one tl but multiple ones.
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    Really? really?

this is so carebear. this 207 twink ganks my 165 toon. But i wanna dominate 150 twinks, who dominate 126 twinks who dominate lower tl4 twinks, who dominates tl3 twinks, who dominate lower tl3 twinks, who dominates tl2 twinks......
    tl5 -> tl7 gap != those other gaps.

Sorry, you lose.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    so, hows your 207 twink coming along?

p.s. its not even all about it just being a big gap, i think it could be fun to fight a few 207s with a bunch of fellow tl5 twinks. what is a huge factor is that these toons can be surrounded and pocketed by 220s which makes them near impossible to kill.

and dont say "well just bring your 220s" the reason for a tl5 war is to fight with tl5s, not tl7s
    Last edited by Parranoid1; Apr 7th, 2010 at 03:31:16.
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Quote Originally Posted by Essessceeaych View Post
    You don't really gain that much between 165 and 207...
    Alot of free AR and Evades from the shadow levels, plenty of perks, and mongo rage.

Wait, so you don't gain much? O.o

On topic : I'm in favor of changing pvp ranges so tl7 has to stick to pvp'ing with tl7s or perhaps high tl6s, (199-204). And modifying 207s attack range to no lower than 190 perhaps. The PvP range gap widens dramatically as you level up, but it should just as dramatically close as you reach "enlightenment" considering the vast power difference.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Essessceeaych View Post
    You don't really gain that much between 165 and 207...
    HHAB
    ql 300 alien armor
    DB bracer
    Alb Bracer
    Alb huds
    Beta symbs
    A lot of evades AR from shadow levels being worth a lot more than normal levels
    Much better perks
    Xan weapons

yah, sure, you don't gain much.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    the reason for a tl5 war is to fight with tl5s, not tl7s
    I thot it was to gain towers.

If u want "fair", go play sports.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    HHAB
    ql 300 alien armor
    DB bracer
    Alb Bracer
    Alb huds
    Beta symbs
    A lot of evades AR from shadow levels being worth a lot more than normal levels
    Much better perks
    Xan weapons

yah, sure, you don't gain much.
    if a 207 is willing to go get all of those items just to kill 165s, I say more power to them. It's pvp, if you don't want to die, don't get flagged. Ya, I agree the pvp ranges should be adjusted, but you seen to be implying that a fully decked out 207 shouldn't be able to kill a 165.

News flash: a fully decked out 150s can dominate 126s just as easily. So yes, they gain a lot, but not as much as you're implying. Simply because beyond a certain point, it doesn't matter. oh no, they gain some shadowlevels, which are worth 5 normal levels each...but they also had to go through 165-200 with practically nothing to put IP in at all.

i agree with the OP about this though: stop being carebear. if you don't want to die, don't pvp. simple as that.

We already have multiple iterations of this topic. Please reply to one of the already established threads.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM