Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For all ppl that would like to nerf Fixers: Get some!!

When my lvl 116 fixer with GA3 can tank a Ace or RM mob I would say that something is a little bit powerful.

But in PvP I don't see much wrong with GA fixers, I don't hit them often, but it's not like they do huge damage either...
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

hmm

well if noone can tank the hard mobs
    how are you suppose to kill them?
    have everyone you know and their mothers to help?
    well if it takes about 50 ppl to kill one mob what's the point on 6 ppl teams?
    Originally posted by Knasbollen

m000

Originally posted by Flak "Stromm" Tempest

Still it's very funny to see you whining about 2 professions you can't kill then not minding fixers going back to the state where they are professionally paralyzed from even denting another prof...

", and i am jealous, I am big enough to admit it. My enforcer is supposed to be a tank. But a sly fixer can out-tank me. *shrug*"

If you think the literal role of a character defines their ability in pvp, you obviously do not know anything about game balance. That's like saying lets keep the engineers in their current state so they can continue to be tradeskill *****es for all the awesome pvp professions.
    1)look at my post, I said:

I would rather see everyone get love than to beat fixers back down to the lameness they once were.

or I would love to find a GA so I can make a new toon hehe.
    I DONT WANT FIXERS NERFED BACK TO WHERE THEY USED TO BE... read before you comment.

2) tanking is a pvm thing not a pvp thing, has nothing to do with pvp... you obviously do not know a thing about reading comprehension.

thank you please drive through.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Yazule

1)look at my post, I said:

I DONT WANT FIXERS NERFED BACK TO WHERE THEY USED TO BE... read before you comment.

2) tanking is a pvm thing not a pvp thing, has nothing to do with pvp... you obviously do not know a thing about reading comprehension.

thank you please drive through.
    Um, lol. What a shot in your own foot. I don't know anything about reading comprehension? You said that because of roleplaying reasons i should not be able to tank better than you. The comment about pvp in there was a response to you earlier saying that 'grid phreaks' 'sneaky guys' should not be able to kill a soldier or an enforcer.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Re: lol

Originally posted by xenomorph
    Actually in the begining it wasn't that bad with the nerf mongors, the only time someone called for a nerf was when something really needed to be fixed. Like nano range, back when a NT could be 80m away and kill you in 3 nukes (I rember one called Apps).
    That wasn't overpowering ::sniff::.. bring it back ..

I know it was overpowering, especially hiding by the wall in 2h0 just to nuke someone. Funny thing is, we still lost sometimes. Give it back and ill never lose again >.<.

Um, lol. What a shot in your own foot. I don't know anything about reading comprehension? You said that because of roleplaying reasons i should not be able to tank better than you. The comment about pvp in there was a response to you earlier saying that 'grid phreaks' 'sneaky guys' should not be able to kill a soldier or an enforcer.
    lets get something straight, I dont roleplay, and dont pretend to.

Funcom has defined classes and their strengths, and enforcers are defined by funcom as the tank class. Solja ant MA are our bro's in that area, but it is where we are supposed to excel.

Fixa was never meant to be a tank, hence the silliness of fixa's tanking, showing the huge imbalance of GA for all the world to see.

Again I will state, I am not for a fixa nerf,

again I will state, you have about the worst reading comprehension I have ever seen.

and yes, combat classes should be better at combat, end of story.

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

And yes a enforcer with rage is faster than a fixer, open your eyes for hell's sake. A level 190 enforcer last night was running from 2ho bunker to whompa faster than a 200 fixer did.

fyi, if your story is true he had on a fixer buff

*shrug*

guess you dont think about those things when you have one running 24/7

ROFLOL

One of the first people a person who wants to seriously pvp goes to is a fixer. he asks for ncu, speed, and a HOT. Believe me, every time I go to Newland to look for a team I waste a few nano chargers just buffing people.
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

GA is overpowerful , Fact.

No class should be able to solo a mob 100lvs above themselves
    Yes i have teamed with fixers in a mission pvm style, and frankly it sickens me..Entire team handles one mob while fixer runns of without doc and solos another....i dont find that funny at all.
    i meen a TEam is no use to a fixer ...

PVP i must honestly say i dont do much, but i can kinda imagine that tryin to hit a fixer must be hard when an ACE cant do it.

i say.. neft GA some..and have Fixers have the highest Evade buffs, not the kinda lame ones they have now.

HOT is good, what else...hmm.. yea make love armor somethning else than stamina! wtf were you thinking? id say most fixers are opi, well thank you very much for love armor, who in their right mind would use it other than soli and trox fixers in middle lvs...( since i count on higher lvls usin some kind of GA

ohh forgott:
    Main reason peeps want to nerf Trader drains and GA:
    the Need for Feel "uber".
    lets face it, everyone wants to feel that you are actually doin some nasty damage to your opponent, even if you loose the fight.
    you dont want to get drained back to the stoneage neither would you only like to see "miss" "miss" "miss"...and feeling like a drunk cowboy from the movie "Cat Ballou".
    Last edited by Spluggorth; Oct 16th, 2002 at 12:09:26.
    220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

WOW this thread is picking up hehe good.

To all that still cry for fixer nerf get a life.
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

Originally posted by Yazule

lets get something straight, I dont roleplay, and dont pretend to.

Funcom has defined classes and their strengths, and enforcers are defined by funcom as the tank class. Solja ant MA are our bro's in that area, but it is where we are supposed to excel.

Fixa was never meant to be a tank, hence the silliness of fixa's tanking, showing the huge imbalance of GA for all the world to see.

Again I will state, I am not for a fixa nerf,

again I will state, you have about the worst reading comprehension I have ever seen.

and yes, combat classes should be better at combat, end of story.
    Actually, before 14.4 the fixer's role as a tank, damage dealer, healer or 'jack of all trades' could not be distinguished. At all. A guy with a speed buff, a smg buff that added 3 to burst and 4 to smg, a weak damage buff that didn't make any difference whatsoever and an unreliable single, short HoT. No one wanted them for groups. So i think it is very invalid to be in a position to say what fixers were 'originally' meant for because we were pretty much a template class, much of the type people want traders and MAs to become, and of course, the fixers to return to. (note im not saying necessarily you.) MAs and soldiers were up with you enforcers because MAs got fixed quicker and were described to be a damage dealer, enforcers were ALWAYS a tank and a damage dealer (the profession itself is quite obvious) and same with soldiers - the master of all ranged weapons, and this is shown through their weapon skill colors.

All professions must have their ability in combat. Regardless of whether their profession description describes them as a merchant or not, pvp and pvm are two different play styles in AO and you should not be forced to make two chars to do so. What i meant by roleplay wasn't 'oh do you hate omni tek with a vengeance, do you hate clan?' or anything by the 'roleplaying' comment i am talking about the inclination to feel that a professions ability at pvp should be determined solely on the everyday common understanding of what that profession is.

I would also like to add that people who want trader nerfs are simply looking for a more level-based game rather than a skill based or profession "rock paper scissors" pvp style game.

"Main reason peeps want to nerf Trader drains and GA:
    the Need for Feel "uber". "

EXACTLY. The most common nerf callers are those who can't take the fact that they picked a profession that can own some and be owned by others. Excluding those professions that need severe profession love, such as the engineer.

"HOT is good, what else...hmm.. yea make love armor somethning else than stamina! wtf were you thinking? id say most fixers are opi, well thank you very much for love armor, who in their right mind would use it other than soli and trox fixers in middle lvs...( since i count on higher lvls usin some kind of GA"

The love armor is simply not good at all in pvp. Corona's beats it too. Fixers have disadvantaged HP compared to MAs, soldiers and enforcers, and lack the damage dealing capability to kill other nano casting professions. A lot of people might be offended when i say this, because of grid armor's hard task to get, but fixers at high levels simply cannot pvp well at 150+ without grid armor. As much as i don't want to say it, it's true. Even among the self-proclaimed 'gimp professions' they admit that the only professions they can kill at higher levels is, "x nerfed prof, x unimproved prof, and fixer without GA." Think about it, if someone saw a smurf, a soldier, a MA, and a fixer without grid armor, who do you suppose they would attack first? Let me tell you if i took off my smurf suit at this level and ran into 2ho with corona's on i'd have died a million more deaths, evac or not.

"fyi, if your story is true he had on a fixer buff

*shrug*

guess you dont think about those things when you have one running 24/7"

Just how many professions with maxed runspeed and gsf are faster than a fixer with maxed runspeed and gsf? There are none, except for the enforcer, because rage stacks. Theoretically this would mean that with the GSF off of the enforcer, they would run at approximately the same speed if an enforcer is running faster than a fixer both with fixer buffs one with a self-buff, the enforcers.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."

Actually, before 14.4 the fixer's role as a tank, damage dealer, healer or 'jack of all trades' could not be distinguished. At all. A guy with a speed buff, a smg buff that added 3 to burst and 4 to smg, a weak damage buff that didn't make any difference whatsoever and an unreliable single, short HoT. No one wanted them for groups.
    Ah the good old day. When all the lammers wonted was a speed buff, not even that. And I could make my own teams and not be a buff hore. Sometime is good to be useless. Lucky all those engis
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

the new Enforcer buffs/weapons *should* go a long way to balancing smurfs and enforcer in pvp.

the new specials I will get (2hb) and damage on all new weapons will help balance the agro issues we have (or lack therof)

enforcers *should* be able to hold agro again.

pvp will be more balanced than it was with enforcers vs their nemisis's

now if only the rest of the "gimped" classes (I dont think enforcers were all THAT gimped to begin with) get a hand up then we are talking about my point

dont nerf GA, just give other classes boosts to compensate

did you notice challenger adds 254 addalloff at Q 130ish nano's? that is nice, though not as nice the 2500 addalldef of ga. they may have to play with the numbers, but it is the "counter" for GA to some extent.

w00t

just wanted to comment on my perception of how they should balance and how happy I am that they are following that path

ROFLOL

I have looked at both the new soldier and enforcer nanos, they look good (buffwise) however i must say the requirements make nanomages look like the best breed for those professions...abseloutley ridiculous

all but the 110 buff is castable at 200, and they keep talkin about the new booster will have boosts to skills *shrug*

ill take what I get and if it is impossible to cast later on then Ill whine hehehehehehehehe.

ROFLOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123