Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: Friday with Means - March 26th, 2010 - Amnesia...please.

Mmm, won't that mean that you'll still end up having higher lvl mobs with more xp when having an higher roller?
    The key to happiness is self-delusion. Don't think of yourself as an organic pain collector racing toward oblivion. - Scott Adams

Programmer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code

Jesus paid for our sins - now let's get our money's worth

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    I think you are narrowing it down to much, without looking at the situation as a whole first.
    What I find common for my friends and me, is that yeah we want to get to inferno on our alts with a minimum of fuzz, we then want to leech til around 205-210 before we equip anything.

The question is why is it so?

Look at what needs to be done to get a full 220 toon, xp, sk, axp, quests, instance farming, gear farming, VP farm, token farm and so forth
    Making a endgame fully equipped toon is a massive undertaking, of course this is not black and white, as people have different views on what constitutes "endgame"
    My question is, why do people only want to have fully equipped 220 characters (or fixed level twinks) and see leveling and gathering equipment as a necessary evil, an annoying obstacle they have to overcome?

You neglected to address the last point of my previous point, so now I'm asking directly from you, just because I'm interested in the answer (whatever it may be): If you had the ability to instantly create characters of any level, with any equipment, how long do you think you'd stay with AO?

I'm having the most fun when I play with my friends, no matter what the level. To quote myself from a previous post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    When I ding 220, there won't really be much more for me to do. Once I get Xan alpha symbs in it'll pretty much be game over, I won. Off to leveling some other character, or maybe time to take a break from AO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    You neglected to address the last point of my previous point, so now I'm asking directly from you, just because I'm interested in the answer (whatever it may be): If you had the ability to instantly create characters of any level, with any equipment, how long do you think you'd stay with AO?

Should that option ever make it ingame, I'm going out for a short trip to beat some developers up, before I cancel my 3 accounts.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

As this week is a Holiday for everyone I won't be creating work for others (translators/moderators) by writing up a post. The hope had been to produce one on Wednesday but I was ill...again....so that didn't happen.

Instead I will be sitting (determined by coin toss before anyone complains) in The Grind on Rk2 for about the next hour.

Have a great easter holiday everyone
    This weeks FMW kinda sucked
    Gender 'Blackdog' Bender 220/26 Soldier
    Den 'Beskyddaren' Utvalde
    220/18 Keeper
    Kane 'Blacrat' Lives 218/15 Bureaucrat
    Bleeding 'Rofflewaffle' Screaming 180/13 Shade
    Den 'Tempelherren' Trofaste 165/19Fixer

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

if he chose to only write that much then thats his given right... just wait till next friday for more information -shurgs-
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Hmm, have to see if I can pull record together from this one...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

BAH!
    Another week without the video Means mentioned on February 19th would happen by March 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    2. The vast majority of the old engine has now been cut out of the new AO client. I thought this would take much longer than it did. Damn. I'm really hoping to get another video to you guys within the next 3 weeks. SOOO exciting.
    Last edited by tazalanche; Apr 2nd, 2010 at 20:01:29.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    BAH!
    Another week without the video Means promised on February 19th would happen by March 12th.
    "Promised" and "really hoping" are very different things you know...
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Fixed
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™

For every week that passes without a video, the video we do get will be all the more awesome ^^
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Check here for this weeks FwM :P Well not officially but a list of questions and Means' responses. Someone also posted a link to a full chat log.. but the main post includes the good stuff Enjoy

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=572668
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    For every week that passes without a video, the video we do get will be all the more awesome ^^
    I sooooooo hope that is true.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    I sooooooo hope that is true.
    Well it can only be, the more time passes, the more is done on the engine by the time it's made ^^
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Well it can only be, the more time passes, the more is done on the engine by the time it's made ^^
    Not necessarily.

"Still alive" was visually pretty nice. Then "Check out our grass" was 'Ehh'. Don't get me wrong. From a technical standpoint "Check out our grass" was nice, but not as much of a visual impact as when we all watched "Still alive" for the first time.

Granted, different engines & different points in progression per engine, but you get the idea.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112