Thread: [ALL] IRRK: Corruption within Omni-Tek high ranks revealed!

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[ALL] IRRK: Corruption within Omni-Tek high ranks revealed!

Corruption within Omni-Tek high ranks revealed!
    March 23, 29484 - [Global]

IRRK - Selcha Doree - According to a recent reporter's investigation, high ranking Omni-Tek officers have been secretly and illegally selling corporate property, including notum, to smaller clans and other organisations.

I was contacted by an anonymous source and given a datadisc. The disc only had a little note attached saying “Courtesy of the Underground.” The mystery behind those words warrants an investigation in itself, however, it's not within the scope of this article. The datadisc contained raw data: dates, transactions, names. There were no accusations, no comments or anything that would suggest the intention of the anonymous source in trying to make it public. There was no indication of who compiled the data or why.

All of the data turned out to be verifiable. For example, the items listed on the datadisc with credit transactions were all reported in Omni-Tek documents as lost or destroyed. Later on, they turned up on black market, or as clan property with their ID numbers either missing or matching exactly the ones in the documents. The items listed included notum, pieces of heavy equipment, medical supplies, regulated stims, fertilizers, notum field control towers etc. Some transactions were recorded but didn't have buyer ID. That would suggest them being sold off-world, probably on the black market.

One name of a high ranking Omni-Tek officer turned up repeatedly in the documents. Only one name, but the scale of the transactions recorded suggests there were more people involved.

Omni-Tek is known for their ability to run a pretty tight ship. It seems to me like several very naughty people managed to slip out of Reform and Omni-Pol's view. The fact they managed to stay under the radar for so long (it appears to have been going on for years) brings some very interesting questions to mind. Is Omni-Tek still able to manage their own people? Are those fearsome departments like Omni-Reform, Omni-Pol or Intern Ops as efficient as people have been led to believe? Or maybe they're too preoccupied with scaring people witless to notice when something really sinister happens?

All the data, the disc I received from the anonymous source as well as the information I managed to collect during my investigation and the names of people involved have been sent to Omni-Tek authorities.

Selcha Doree, IRRK.

Money always rules in Omni-Tek. Hardly surprising some individuals felt the need to line their pockets a bit more. It will be interesting to see how this gets reported in the 'official' channels, if at all.

Well, either someone is going to loose a job over this, or end up in a shallow grave.

I'd hate to see your obituary in the coming weeks, Miss Doree.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Break from jail for Miss Doree? She be very local if join us!

well now this made me giggle
    “You can't undo anything you've already done, but you can face up to it. You can tell the truth. You can seek forgiveness. And then let fate do the rest.”
    Proud Member of steadfast <3
    Love you guys! <3

"Corruption within high ranks of Omni-Tek revealed"

In other news:

"Grass discovered to be green"
    "Death may be bad for your health"
    "Clans 'less than sympathetic' towards Omni"
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

I was wondering why I never recieved my cut ^^ er, did I say that out loud??? <delete> <delete><delete>
    A Salute to absent friends - R.I.P HAWG 07